Geo filter port 3076

• Netduma Staff

There's really no reason to do this. It should work in practice but there's really no need. What benefits do you believe you will get by filtering just that port?

I don’t know it’s just that call of duty uses port 3076 on ww2 Xbox one, so why would we just filter Xbox live port?

maybe I'm wrong, but if so, Jack corrects me, by using Xbox to filter, automatically filters all ports that use that platform mostly

each platform uses its own ports even for the same game as on another platform, so if I choose Play Station I will filter the main ports used by PSN and play station games

• Netduma Staff

Think I will do some experimenting tonight using port 3076 if that’s possible

We always encourage experimenting so long as you're not fiddling with LAN settings or things like that. To be clear though, if you select the service for your console it does cover the game ports as well - 3076 will be included in the ports being filtered by the Netduma already when you select Xbox Live as a service.

Let me know if that answers your question, and feel free to give it a go :) I don't believe you'll find much of a difference.

What would happen if I use port 3076 for cod on the geo filter Instead if the default Xbox live filter, ? Reason I ask my netduma upnp was only using port 3076 last night and was open nat ???

Choosing one specific port means the geofilter doesn't work properly, or at least it doesn't for me. I tried this (with port 3074 on PS4) as a workaround suggestion for the GUI lag that occurs when using the geofilter and port forwarding simultaneously, and it would either not show me any dots on the map whatsoever or it would show all servers as padlocks and prevent me from connecting to them even if they were included in my geofilter radius. Then I'd only see the occasional ping assist symbol for other players, rather than several dots every lobby.

I'd also see weird stuff like UK players showing up east of Madagascar in the ocean lol

Lol that would explain shoot first die first on ww2 xb1 if there in Madagascar ha ha

Haha those were just mislocated dots... I was getting 8ms pings to them. If you want to see WW2 matchmaking in action just look at this :D Nigeria and Benin are bad enough lmao

post-9329-0-12445200-1517416339_thumb.jpg

what did it play like 8ms? 13ms i ping to my closest server and it plays terrible most of the time

Terrible. Usually get a flat 7ms to the London server and I uninstalled after 20 odd levels on WW2 because I've never played anything so laggy and out of sync. 7ms on IW is bad enough, but this was next level LIES. I only found two games that were actually smooth in those 20+ levels, despite being on the same flat 7ms, and I've not played since mid-November as a result.

Would uninstalling it and installing it again help? We need a lag comp fix which is more of a reason why it plays terrible as we both had low pings to that server bank as I believe that’s who gets compensated

• Netduma Staff

Would uninstalling it and installing it again help? We need a lag comp fix which is more of a reason why it plays terrible as we both had low pings to that server bank as I believe that’s who gets compensated

I don't think doing that would help really. It looks like IIIRL has tested filtering port 3076 himself and found that it doesn't function properly, so I wouldn't recommend it. As you say, fixes are still needed from the developers end for various issues but it seems a lot more stable than it was around launch time.

I might have missed which COD youre playing but if its the new COD ww2...that game is utter trash...I think that's part of their netcode...."whoever shoots 1st and gets the jump 1st dies because that's just unfair to the other players!"..haha...however shoot 1st and die 1st as been in every COD...some worse then others.

What would happen if I use port 3076 for cod on the geo filter Instead if the default Xbox live filter, ? Reason I ask my netduma upnp was only using port 3076 last night and was open nat ???

Only that port will get priority i think. Or what ever the duma does with geo filter data.

Using live or PSN in the Geo opens all the ports for that device or mac address.

And yes WW2 netcode and what ever the Devs say is pure garbage.