Geofilter issue

Thanks for your patience and the kind words.

Will get back to you tomorrow as soon as we know :)

Okay, thank you! So far, no change. I had my home location set with a ~500 mile radius with all filtering enabled and I was placed into a game where I was pinging 200+ to the host who was located in Guam.  :blink:

Also, I believe players are showing up as dedicated hosts still although it could be because you guys haven't got around to updating the whitelist yet.

• Administrators

Okay, thank you! So far, no change. I had my home location set with a ~500 mile radius with all filtering enabled and I was placed into a game where I was pinging 200+ to the host who was located in Guam.  :blink:

Also, I believe players are showing up as dedicated hosts still although it could be because you guys haven't got around to updating the whitelist yet.

We have reproduced it so good find! We're looking into it now and then will likely put out a cloud update in which case there is nothing you need to do on your part. We'll get back to you when we have some more information.

• Administrators

Further update - it has nothing to do with cloud. It's due to some clever tech we introduced in DumaOS that is not playing nicely with Halo MCC. Just going to double check our findings then we'll write a hot fix. 

Further update - it has nothing to do with cloud. It's due to some clever tech we introduced in DumaOS that is not playing nicely with Halo MCC. Just going to double check our findings then we'll write a hot fix. 

That makes a lot of sense! The Netduma R1 works fine for my friends so I was unsure as to why the XR500 wasn't playing nice. Looking forward to the fix!

• Administrators

Hi Tommey,

I'm personally writing the hotfix for you. I had hoped to get it working for you today. But it will be hard to do without testing. And I'm not comfortable releasing it without testing as we could break many other things for you. Unfortunately I'm travelling till Tuesday. Would you mind waiting till next week around Wed/Thu? The hotfix would require us either accessing your computer temporarily and copying a file across or giving you instructions on how to copy the file across (but they may be a bit complicated).

Otherwise you'll have to wait for the next firmware to be built. Which should be around end of next week. We can give you early access to the firmware. It usually takes at least a week or two after a firmware is built to pass SQA testing before it is released to everyone else.

Is that fine with you?

Hi Tommey,

I'm personally writing the hotfix for you. I had hoped to get it working for you today. But it will be hard to do without testing. And I'm not comfortable releasing it without testing as we could break many other things for you. Unfortunately I'm travelling till Tuesday. Would you mind waiting till next week around Wed/Thu? The hotfix would require us either accessing your computer temporarily and copying a file across or giving you instructions on how to copy the file across (but they may be a bit complicated).

Otherwise you'll have to wait for the next firmware to be built. Which should be around end of next week. We can give you early access to the firmware. It usually takes at least a week or two after a firmware is built to pass SQA testing before it is released to everyone else.

Is that fine with you?

I would be OK with early access to the next firmware update. I have until March to return the XR500 so I'm willing to try whatever I can in the meantime to try to get my issues resolved. I've manually downgraded the XR500 firmware while troubleshooting so I'm aware of the process.

If the next XR500 firmware is developed by the end of next week, how soon will I be able to utilize the firmware update after it's complete?

• Administrators

Great - glad to hear that!

We'd give it one day of full testing, making sure none of the key DumaOS features have regressed. Then we can let you have early access. So best case scenario Friday 9th or sooner. Worst case scenario Wed 14th. 

Great - glad to hear that!

We'd give it one day of full testing, making sure none of the key DumaOS features have regressed. Then we can let you have early access. So best case scenario Friday 9th or sooner. Worst case scenario Wed 14th. 

Sounds great, I am looking forward to testing the next XR500 firmware update. I pay attention to the smallest of details so I will definitely be reporting any bugs or other inconsistencies that I may find. Hoping this is the permanent solution!

• Administrators

That's good to hear. Got a bunch of other stuff in there. This first firmware release is predominately 1) Translation into 26 languages 2) Providing fixes to any issues or requests after initial launch.

Soon we'll be onto the good stuff. The whole point of DumaOS is we're going to be adding loads of features. This is just the start :D  

That's good to hear. Got a bunch of other stuff in there. This first firmware release is predominately 1) Translation into 26 languages 2) Providing fixes to any issues or requests after initial launch.

Soon we'll be onto the good stuff. The whole point of DumaOS is we're going to be adding loads of features. This is just the start :D  

As long as the next firmware update addresses the inconsistencies I've listed in this thread, I'm cool with it! The Netduma R1 doesn't seem to struggle with whitelisting friends or connecting to hosts outside of the user-specified radius so I'm unsure where the XR500 went wrong. I do know it's a new product and DumaOS is specific only to the XR500 so maybe the software incompatibility was simply overlooked.

Anyhow, I'm glad you guys were able to replicate my issues. Did you find yourselves experiencing both issues as described?

• Administrators

Yeah literally there is one problem that is the causes of both issues. I don't want to go into it because it's innovative tech that I don't want competitors to know about. They may be reading this or may be I'm paranoid lol! 

Yeah literally there is one problem that is the causes of both issues. I don't want to go into it because it's innovative tech that I don't want competitors to know about. They may be reading this or may be I'm paranoid lol! 

Haha, smart guy.

I'm glad you guys were able to replicate the issues and find the root cause. I was thinking I was crazy!  :wacko:

• 4 months later...

hi i have a problem with the geofilter iam playing xbox one x and i have reset my router once already afther that the geofilter workt again. butt now 4 days later it stops working again can u help me out here i dont want to reset everything again.

geo filter is not seeing host and players its showing nothing.

thx leen

netgear xr500

• Administrators

hi i have a problem with the geofilter iam playing xbox one x and i have reset my router once already afther that the geofilter workt again. butt now 4 days later it stops working again can u help me out here i dont want to reset everything again.

geo filter is not seeing host and players its showing nothing.

thx leen

netgear xr500

Hey, welcome to the forum!

In future can you make a separate topic regarding your issue please. The most common cause is having selected the wrong device or service. Double check that. Also what device/game are you playing?

Hey, welcome to the forum!

In future can you make a separate topic regarding your issue please. The most common cause is having selected the wrong device or service. Double check that. Also what device/game are you playing?

Iam sorry butt i will do next time. iam playing call of duty and on the device i added the xbox and with profiles i selected cod. so please help me out here because this is the second time.

thx infront  regards leen

Please include a full screenshot of the Geo-Filter page. Also double check the Xbox IP from the Xbox's network settings with the Xbox IP in device manager.

are showing the same ip and poort 3074/3075 are open aswell the nat is showing open also and how do i place a print screen in this forum

http://forum.netduma.com/uploads/images/1530447229-U31002.jpg

http://forum.netduma.com/uploads/images/1530447320-U31002.jpg

Zoom out of the map and flush cloud in Geo-Filter Map options, should see hosts appearing when you search then

stil nothing happend afther zoom out and flush cloud?

i  had never any problems with my other routers i hope you guys can solf this issue with the geo filter because the only way i can get it work is to do a factory reset and that make me sad because its a lot of work before playing a game ?????