Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

R1 RESET

pinhole reset .

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

Dcm12

Dcm12

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Local time: 05:12 AM

hi  had some password confusion , i cannot access interface , and pinhole reset is not working , no response at all i mean when pressed in ?  

anyone have a clue .

people seem to mention button on front which i don't have only pinhole at rear . 

thanks .

titofuenla

titofuenla

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Local time: 06:12 AM
  • Locationspain!!

hi  had some password confusion , i cannot access interface , and pinhole reset is not working , no response at all i mean when pressed in ?  

anyone have a clue .

people seem to mention button on front which i don't have only pinhole at rear . 

thanks .

Press the reset hole for at least 25 to 30 seconds until I hear a beep then the factory Duma will have reset correctly.

It does not rain eternally  ;) 

Dcm12

Dcm12

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

i did t thanks  for that  nothing  i preset it for hole minute lots of time s   nada.

Netduma Adam

Netduma Adam

Operations

• Administrators
  • 135 posts
  • Local time: 04:12 AM

i did t thanks  for that  nothing  i preset it for hole minute lots of time s   nada.

As per my post in the other thread: 

If you mean your admin password, you will need to factory reset using the pinhole. Follow the instructions for 'Factory Reset via Hardware' here

Make sure the lights on the Netduma R1 flash off and then back on again. You will then know that you have pushed the reset button down

Netduma Adam

Netduma Adam

Operations

• Administrators
  • 135 posts
  • Local time: 04:12 AM

If this still does not work, could you try recording what you are doing and send us the video (e.g. upload to dropbox). Thank you

Dcm12

Dcm12

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

hi yes i have done all this yes admin password  log in to 192.168.88.1  is the one  i have lost and yes,  i do know that only hard reset is option

i reiterate the point that if i press the button in  the online and only  hole  in the  r1router  the reset button,   i  get no response !

i really don't need to make a movie about this  please .. cmon..

Dcm12

Dcm12

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

I've been pushing buttons for many years .

Netduma Crossy

Netduma Crossy

Developer

• Administrators
  • 6,453 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Does it make a beeping sound when you press the button? When you plug the R1 in does it beep?

Dcm12

Dcm12

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
Hi when I take power lead out n in it bleebs. Yes “But when I press. Reset pinhole nothing lights don’t go out no bleeb
I’m posting again on this issue because I’m locked out again as my pc is down for few days ?
cannot seem to access gui with “wireless “ iPad or PS4 wwweb page wired to router r1 192.168.88.1/ which is not usually problem
So tried resetting hard. Button no beeb so don’t know it worked ? wireless still working PS4 still routed through.R1 have www
But can’t sine in to gui Netduma not clear what password & username are I’ve tried mine and Netdumar1
“by the wAy what would username be arfter reset. If password is netdumar1 ?
Got a feeling I will have to have pc working when it is I can type duma ip and get straight on gui no prob

Herr Ert

Herr Ert

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hardware reset doesn't work on mine, too.
No response by pressing the button.

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,291 posts

Yes password is 'netdumar1' after reset.

Disable WiFi & Apply. Then reboot from miscellaneous settings. Then enable WiFi & Apply. Do you have any WiFi issues after that?

Hardware reset doesn't work on mine, too.
No response by pressing the button.

Are you holding it for at least 20seconds?

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

World Clock

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - 2am BST

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

Herr Ert

Herr Ert

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Yes password is 'netdumar1' after reset.

Disable WiFi & Apply. Then reboot from miscellaneous settings. Then enable WiFi & Apply. Do you have any WiFi issues after that?

Are you holding it for at least 20seconds?

Yes, several times. I feel the click of the button but nothing happens at all. I tried it while powering on and after starting up, just no response.

Dcm12

Dcm12

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

What if we cannot access miscellaneous gui I have pressed reset pinhole and still do not get reset. On login
So can’t log in to 192.168.88.1 without turning WiFi of which I can’t access because no LAN access at present
Would it be true to say if a reset has taken place I wouldn’t get the 192.168.88.1 login box on my device (iPad)
As my known username password not working .

Netduma Jack

Netduma Jack

Graphic Artist

• Administrators
  • 2,534 posts

Yes, several times. I feel the click of the button but nothing happens at all. I tried it while powering on and after starting up, just no response.

Can you access the interface / Internet? If so, could you factory reset via Settings > Miscellaneous rather than using the pin button?

What if we cannot access miscellaneous gui I have pressed reset pinhole and still do not get reset. On login
So can’t log in to 192.168.88.1 without turning WiFi of which I can’t access because no LAN access at present
Would it be true to say if a reset has taken place I wouldn’t get the 192.168.88.1 login box on my device (iPad)
As my known username password not working .

Could you please take a look at this guide and follow the instructions found there: http://support.netdu...-my-router-help

Technical support:

Fine tuning guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc.
FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.
Wiki - Main link to the Wiki, for everything else please search here or on the forum.
Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new thread on the forum, thank you  :)

Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - Twitch - Instagram - Steam Group - Discord

Herr Ert

Herr Ert

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
I can access the gui and do the reset there. But the hardware button doesn't work. I'm out of warranty time and found it out last week when I had issues and was adviced to do a hardware reset.

Netduma Jack

Netduma Jack

Graphic Artist

• Administrators
  • 2,534 posts

I can access the gui and do the reset there. But the hardware button doesn't work. I'm out of warranty time and found it out last week when I had issues and was adviced to do a hardware reset.

Ah okay. The factory reset from miscellaneous settings should be just as effective; is your router functional then? Are there any issues that you believe need to be fixed via a hardware reset?

Technical support:

Fine tuning guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc.
FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.
Wiki - Main link to the Wiki, for everything else please search here or on the forum.
Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new thread on the forum, thank you  :)

Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - Twitch - Instagram - Steam Group - Discord

Herr Ert

Herr Ert

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
There was an issue which I could fix in another way. But I wonder why the button doesn't work. I never used it before. At the moment there isn't any need to use it but I hate to know that things don't work anyway.

Dcm12

Dcm12

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
Jack hi I cannot rest pinhole , I have followed link disconnecting hub, port 2 on r1 to web and 192.168.88.1/ only gives me the password box for interface I have tried my passwords for this and not working
If the pinhole was able to reset I would be able to gain access. Any other methods I have isp changeover Thursday from cable to Vdsl
So need router up n running ideally .
Thanks. Seemed to be convo hijacked still with problem of no interface .

Dcm12

Dcm12

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
I might add this r1 is couple months new

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,291 posts

I'll close this topic as you made another & managed to resolve the issue.

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

World Clock

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - 2am BST

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users