XR500 double nat

• Administrators

Hi Direink,

What exactly is the issue? If you want an open NAT please follow these instructions: http://forum.netduma.com/topic/23410-how-to-open-your-nat-with-the-xr500/?do=findComment&comment=170034

Did that help?

• Administrators

Ok thanks for the information. And thanks for purchasing the xr500.

Firstly lets determine if it's a false postive. Do you have your xbox added to the Geo-Filter? If so please put it in spectating mode.

Turn off and turn on your xbox - what is your NAT now?

• Administrators

As you mentioned that you didn't have this with the R1 it sounds like you had it in the homehub DMZ but haven't yet updated the DMZ to have the XR500 instead of the R1 in it. So double check that or set the homehub to modem mode if possible. Remember to disable the WiFi on the homehub as well so the XR500 can control all the devices on your network and you're able to make full use of it's features.

Spectator mode turned on then Xbox off. Xbox turned back on and still double nat. Also all devices linked to xr500 and all wireless networks on homehub turned off and still double nat. Is double nat a bad thing for gaming solo.

• Administrators

Hi Direink, I think my colleague knows what happened. Please read the post above yours about DMZ. Does that fix it?

Double NAT is not as good aa open NAT. Don't worry we will get you open NAT :)

• Administrators

Sorry I meant in this thread. My colleague said:

As you mentioned that you didn't have this with the R1 it sounds like you had it in the homehub DMZ but haven't yet updated the DMZ to have the XR500 instead of the R1 in it. So double check that or set the homehub to modem mode if possible. Remember to disable the WiFi on the homehub as well so the XR500 can control all the devices on your network and you're able to make full use of it's features.

• Administrators

It's weird it shouldn't. If you have the following setup:

Modem > xr500 > xbox

If the modem has DMZ then put xr500 in modems dmz, for most modems you shouldn't need to do this.

And have xbox in xr500 dmz. With geo-filter in spectating mode then you should definitely have open nat. If you dont it could be xbox being weird and maybe worth trying again tomorrow.

Also it dont forget to reboot xbox after doing this.

If you can't get it open we can arrange a 1 oj 1 tomorrow. Our tech team can help you setup the router personally.