WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok so I have an R1 that blocks my PSN auth connection unless I do the work around that you guys have said I shouldn't have to do yet I do. 

I purchased an xr500 and have had it operational since the day after announcement.  Today however I am having the same issue as with the R1. 

If my geo filter is enabled I cannot sign into PSN.  Can you guys seriously not fix this!?!  I feel like it's been done or being ignored intentionally at this point.  I've been told over and over and over.... that it was a misplace authentication server, you were aware and a cloud update should fix it please post the ID.  It has not been fixed in quite some time.

• Netduma Staff

Ok so I have an R1 that blocks my PSN auth connection unless I do the work around that you guys have said I shouldn't have to do yet I do. 

I purchased an xr500 and have had it operational since the day after announcement.  Today however I am having the same issue as with the R1. 

If my geo filter is enabled I cannot sign into PSN.  Can you guys seriously not fix this!?!  I feel like it's been done or being ignored intentionally at this point.  I've been told over and over and over.... that it was a misplace authentication server, you were aware and a cloud update should fix it please post the ID.  It has not been fixed in quite some time.

Hi - could you please provide us with any blocked server ID's when this disconnect happens? We're hopeful to get a cloud update out very soon which will likely fix your issue. I believe I was talking to you on Twitter, and from what you told me this seems like a localisation issue. (We would be seeing a vast number of people with this issue if the blocked server wasn't localised or  very specific).

Sorry just trying to clarify, your xr500 connects to PSN fine but your r1 doesn't?

the Xr500 and R1 x2 will not authenticate to PSN without first activating the geofilter, identifying the offending Host ID and adding it to the allow list.  I have been doing this since 2015.  I have reported it and added the ID to the mis-located IDs threads several times.

So in effect, without my work around, your devices geofilter is blocking my connection to PSN services. I have screenshots on all 3 devices with the host IDs and now the IP address for the ID.  Turns out it's my very own IP address being blocked. So how does that happen?  for 3 years? That's not an accident.

Hi - could you please provide us with any blocked server ID's when this disconnect happens? We're hopeful to get a cloud update out very soon which will likely fix your issue. I believe I was talking to you on Twitter, and from what you told me this seems like a localisation issue. (We would be seeing a vast number of people with this issue if the blocked server wasn't localised or  very specific).

You're absolutely correct.  It's localized to your company's device blocking/interfering with my connection.

I've added the IDs.

I can lead you to the water but I can't make you drink.  Whats puzzling is how it's gone on since 2015.  I have reported, with screenshots, 8 times now with all needed info since 2015.

I have purchased a 2nd xr500 knowing that the without the updated firmware I would be able to cross reference the ID with the actual IP and low and behold it's my own IP address. 

This needs fixed now. I am not waiting for a maybe we can do an update etc.  I am contacting authorities if it's not fixed within the next 72 hrs.  That is not a threat just tired of being in-effect DDOSed by your routers feature due to lack of support from your side. 

• Administrators

It sounds like you are using a VPN when using the Geo-Filter which is likely causing the issue and blocking your own IP address. The Geo-Filter doesn't have the ability to block your own IP address in normal use. Not many people have had this issue which certainly lends credence to the VPN being the cause. Your account was only created in 2017 so what are the accounts that you reported these IDs on and also please provide them here.

Please disable the Geo-Filter and try again. PSN is also having issues right now: https://status.playstation.com/en-GB/

It sounds like you are using a VPN when using the Geo-Filter which is likely causing the issue and blocking your own IP address. The Geo-Filter doesn't have the ability to block your own IP address in normal use. Not many people have had this issue which certainly lends credence to the VPN being the cause. Your account was only created in 2017 so what are the accounts that you reported these IDs on and also please provide them here.

Please disable the Geo-Filter and try again. PSN is also having issues right now: https://status.playstation.com

I have no VPN on that service.  The service for the Ps4s and the one device that controls the netduma is on it's own network with a totally different provider.

Also, this is since 2015, so PSN has had issues since then?  Only to my IP? and only when the geo-filter is enabled?  Come on man. 

• Administrators

the Xr500 and R1 x2 will not authenticate to PSN without first activating the geofilter, identifying the offending Host ID and adding it to the allow list. 

You said before that you have to activate the Geo-Filter to allow an ID but if the Geo-Filter is disabled then it is not blocking anything so the Geo-Filter cannot be the cause in that scenario if it doesn't authenticate with it disabled.

So does it occur when it is disabled or just enabled? Please provide the IDs or the screenshots that you mentioned in this topic, as you used another account previously I don't know where/what IDs they would be.

What is the physical setup you have where the issue is occurring? 

Also please try using default DNS as above and see if that fixes the issue.

You said before that you have to activate the Geo-Filter to allow an ID but if the Geo-Filter is disabled then it is not blocking anything so the Geo-Filter cannot be the cause in that scenario if it doesn't authenticate with it disabled.

So does it occur when it is disabled or just enabled? Please provide the IDs or the screenshots that you mentioned in this topic, as you used another account previously I don't know where/what IDs they would be.

I activate the ID after say something like a hard reset on the R1 so it can show me the blocked ID.  Then I click on that ID , allow it and then I can auth with PSN. It will always authenticate without the geo-filter enabled. I  only enable in certain instances to let it block it that way the ID pops up with the icon that I can select and add to the allow list.

The only time my IP is blocked is when the geo-filter is enabled.  The Ids were provided weeks ago. They're all the same IDs ad I don't have access to those accounts.

Also please try using default DNS as above and see if that fixes the issue.

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/23133-host-id-question/?do=findComment&comment=167452

I'll throw you another curve. 

-With the R1 both of those IDs must be added to the allow list or I will be blocked by the geo-filter.

-With the Xr500 Only my ID/IP must be added to the allow list. 

One is my own IP verified with original f/w on the Xr500 that shows IPs

The other IP locates back to amazon/psn   in oregon.  I assume this is an auth server.

• Administrators

I activate the ID after say something like a hard reset on the R1 so it can show me the blocked ID.  Then I click on that ID , allow it and then I can auth with PSN. It will always authenticate without the geo-filter enabled. I  only enable in certain instances to let it block it that way the ID pops up with the icon that I can select and add to the allow list.

The only time my IP is blocked is when the geo-filter is enabled.  The Ids were provided weeks ago. They're all the same IDs ad I don't have access to those accounts.

I'll throw you another curve. 

-With the R1 both of those IDs must be added to the allow list or I will be blocked by the geo-filter.

-With the Xr500 Only my ID/IP must be added to the allow list. 

One is my own IP verified with original f/w on the Xr500 that shows IPs

The other IP locates back to amazon/psn   in oregon.  I assume this is an auth server.

Thanks for these. I have just checked them and they are:

4.2.2.1 & 4.2.2.2 which are level 3 DNS not your IP address or a PSN auth server. 

Looping back to what velloony said it looks to be a DNS issue. Do you have a different DNS setup on your PS4 as that would sort of make sense even though DNS actually uses port 53 which the Geo-Filter services do not filter at all. There is likely some mismatching between the routers in your setup, please can you let me know your physical setup.

Thanks for these. I have just checked them and they are:

4.2.2.1 & 4.2.2.2 which are level 3 DNS not your IP address or a PSN auth server. 

Looping back to what velloony said it looks to be a DNS issue. Do you have a different DNS setup on your PS4 as that would sort of make sense even though DNS actually uses port 53 which the Geo-Filter services do not filter at all. There is likely some mismatching between the routers in your setup, please can you let me know your physical setup.

I don't know how that's possible unless the difference between my IP that displays on the Xr500 is different than either of those IDs.  That is weird.  Because the icon I select on the Xr500 shows the IP and it's mine.  It's in the same general location as the icon on the R1.  I assume they are the same. Weird.

Setup is simple.  SB8200>Xr500 or R1> ps4 and 1 pc the ISP hands off to the router ISP of 4.2.2.1and 4.2.2.2. The ps4 is set to DHCP, the Xr500 or R1 are set to hand out default address ranges.  This shows the ps4 network info currently as follows,

IP: 192.168.1.2

Subnet: 255.255.255.0

Gateway  192.168.1.1

DNS 1: 192.168.1.1

In the R1 it will be .88 not .1

Another funny thing is the ico is in Chicago area yet my ISP is routed and located in Texas. Pinging or Tracert to 4.2.2.1 will always default route me to DFW peer vs. CHI. 

DFW L3 DNS  is a 16ms ping time.

• Administrators

You should never see your own IP on the Geo-Filter which is why a VPN seems like a potential reason for that to happen or the PS4 cannot connect to the ISP DNS for some reason, are you certain the PS4 doesn't have a different DNS set in it's network settings? Make sure it's set to do it automatically, even if it's already set just go through that again then try with Geo-Filter enabled.

If that still does not work can you try rebooting the SB8200 please then trying to connect on PS4 with the Geo-Filter enabled.

You should never see your own IP on the Geo-Filter which is why a VPN seems like a potential reason for that to happen or the PS4 cannot connect to the ISP DNS for some reason, are you certain the PS4 doesn't have a different DNS set in it's network settings? Make sure it's set to do it automatically, even if it's already set just go through that again then try with Geo-Filter enabled.

If that still does not work can you try rebooting the SB8200 please then trying to connect on PS4 with the Geo-Filter enabled.

Honestly Fraser I've done all this a million times.  With several different modems also over the last 3 years.  I used to use the TP-link that was recommended here, same issue. The ps4 is always set to auto and I have tried that as well over and over.  I will do it again just for exercise.

• Administrators

Is the XR500/R1 using PPPoE, Static, Dynamic etc to connect to the modem?

Also just double check that the IP address for the PS4 on the device manager is the same as on your console itself, just to ensure you're trying to Geo-Filter the correct device.

Can you run through the setup wizard on the XR500 and let it detect your internet automatically and test after that please.

If this doesn't work I can do a 1 on 1 with you tomorrow (it's past 2am right now), just let me know a time you'd be available.

ok everything was just power cycled and i went through the setup wizard for the xr500 and rebooted ps4 and rebuilt the network settings to easy/auto.

with the xr500 reset the same results.  with filter enabled it blocks these two devices.  they differ form your posting.

stun.ww.np.cn.s0.playstation.net.

5x.4x.6x.10x

host-2x8-11x-9x-2xx.vyvebroadband.net

2xx-11x-9x-2xx

Is the XR500/R1 using PPPoE, Static, Dynamic etc to connect to the modem?

Also just double check that the IP address for the PS4 on the device manager is the same as on your console itself, just to ensure you're trying to Geo-Filter the correct device.

Can you run through the setup wizard on the XR500 and let it detect your internet automatically and test after that please.

If this doesn't work I can do a 1 on 1 with you tomorrow (it's past 2am right now), just let me know a time you'd be available.

The ISP is DHCP. 

I did all of the above and this is what it shows as being blocked.

stun.ww.np.cn.s0.playstation.net.

5x.4x.6x.10x

host-2x8-11x-9x-2xx.vyvebroadband.net

2x8-11x-9x-21x

If I add these two to my allow list it will auth with PSN

also if they are not added it will fail NAT type test

• Administrators

You can show those IPs, it'll help me check against the cloud database. I have a feeling the stun one is already in there from the general gist of the IP so your router may not be running the latest cloud version, flush the cloud on the XR500 please. Double check then if it doesn't work please provide me with a time for a 1 on 1 tomorrow and I can take a look.

Frankly I am passed that point. This all started the last time you, myself, and Iain did a 2 on 1. You told me it was a 1 on 1 then you said the developer wanted to talk to me. We were supposed to be 1 on 1 because of a bug I found in the congestion control flower in an older f/w. He came on join.me said "you are using the device wrong" abruptly ended the session and all of the sudden I couldn't connect to PSN unless using my work around. I tried to log back intot he forum and was given an error message of " you are not allowed to do this" or something I assume banned.

This is not hype. I have it all logged.

No reason other than just those words.

You can show those IPs, it'll help me check against the cloud database. I have a feeling the stun one is already in there from the general gist of the IP so your router may not be running the latest cloud version, flush the cloud on the XR500 please. Double check then if it doesn't work please provide me with a time for a 1 on 1 tomorrow and I can take a look.

I flush cloud at least once a day. I have done this since early early f/w.

1.) I work for a living. My time is 6 hrs difference for you.

2.) trust, after that first and last 1 on 1 I don't see that happening.

I appreciate that it is 2ish am there and you are here trying to help but after 3 years of this shit.... I feel I've waiting long enough for a resolution.

• Administrators

Stacking_Tolerance - please arrange a 1 on 1 and we'll fix any issue you have. Are you available right now? If so we can assist. If not a similar time tomorrow is possible.

Also we'll double check cloud tomorrow to see if we can whitelist those for you.

• 4 weeks later...

As stated previously all of this started after a 1 on 1.  I'll not be allowing any outside access again.

Mysteriously after the above conversation all of my devices magically started connecting to PSN without issue with or w/o the filter enabled. To be continued....

On another note Xr500 #2 is being sent back this one to Netgear Engineering? First was a complete DOA after day one it would not power on it had a squealing noise on the initial power on. Second is updated to V2.1.0.4 and then 2.1.06 all the while never having issues with the "R-App hasn't loaded yet...." error today however it has given me the error on the latest f/w.  This is not a good sign. I walked through the entire setup, gritting my teeth, with Netgear Advanced support only to arrive back at my initial results.  Correctly updated and still showing R-App not loaded issues. They were going to advance replace or cross-ship like the good ol' days of RMA but were out of stock.  I think they are full of shit but what do I know. I'm just the stupid American moron spending money on devices that fail out of box. At any rate. This device will be returned to some form of "advanced support"  in case you need a bench model to pick through. It was updated to resolve the R-App issue and worked until today. it has been downgraded from version to version and reset form version to version and still will not load R-App. It allows internet but none of the functions that make it a netduma are available. The only way to access any functionality is by using 192.168.1.1/adv_index.htm.

Netgear Case #29737913