hauwei hg612 web interface through R1

BIG__DOG

I have a hauwei hg612 and since being on talktalk I have had it in a drawer and used their below standard router.

My question is..........

How to configue the modem so that I can access the web interface without having to disconnect my pc and linking it to lan2 every time I want to view my stats? I know it is possible, but not sure how to do it as talktalk forums are dog poop for resolutions.

B.D

I have a hauwei hg612 and since being on talktalk I have had it in a drawer and used their below standard router.

My question is..........

How to configue the modem so that I can access the web interface without having to disconnect my pc and linking it to lan2 every time I want to view my stats? I know it is possible, but not sure how to do it as talktalk forums are dog poop for resolutions.

B.D

I just set this up today :), you need to run Ethernet from Lan 2 on HG612  to a Lan port on the router, with me my HG612 is on 192.168.1.1 and so was my NH so i changed the NH to 192.168.1.2.

I will give that a try when the boss has gone to bed or in the morn when she's gone to work to save disruption and aggro as my setup is: hg612.....r1.....linksys wrt3200acm

I just set this up today :), you need to run Ethernet from Lan 2 on HG612  to a Lan port on the router, with me my HG612 is on 192.168.1.1 and so was my NH so i changed the NH to 192.168.1.2.

just to clarify this so I understand.......do I do that in the HG612 to change the duma assigned ip address?....I tried changing it in the r1 wan and it didnt work and had to revert back to default!

just to clarify this so I understand.......do I do that in the HG612 to change the duma assigned ip address?....I tried changing it in the r1 wan and it didnt work and had to revert back to default!

Its just so none are the same, your HG612 should be 192.168.1.1 and R1 192.168..88.1 not sure what your Linksys is but if its not 192.168.1.1 you should be fine.

Hi Raddy, or Big Dog

Just out of curiosity, why do you want to know about the stats etc? Is it a need to know, or is it useful in some way?

Answers on a post card please :)

Im just a nerd and like stats :) buy as i said i like to rule out being interleaved when i have trouble with speeds or ping although you can tweak your connection a little and run commands but i dont mess with that as i dont know enough about it :)

E-YqFV0dRrC-79XJht1xdA.png

Have you unlocked it ?

Yeah, it's unlocked. I've not checked how to log into though.

Main reason I haven't logged in is because if I were to log in and see good stats it wouldn't make me happier.

But if I were to log in and see bad stats, knowing there's very little I could change to improve it, it would just piss me off.

As long as I can play games where I can shoot stuff, with a cup of tea and a good supply of biscuits, then I'm happy. I'm a simple creature really.

Yeah, it's unlocked. I've not checked how to log into though.

Main reason I haven't logged in is because if I were to log in and see good stats it wouldn't make me happier.

But if I were to log in and see bad stats, knowing there's very little I could change to improve it, it would just piss me off.

As long as I can play games where I can shoot stuff, with a cup of tea and a good supply of biscuits, then I'm happy. I'm a simple creature really.

I hope there bourbons :)