why can't we hide SSID?

• Administrators

every good router these days allows us to hide our SSID, to prevent us from being locally hacked.  why is this option not available? 

We are developing DumaOS at the moment which is why it hasn't been implemented. Though that is a good idea so we'll try to implement that.

every good router these days allows us to hide our SSID, to prevent us from being locally hacked.  why is this option not available? 

Literally provides no security. I have many devices which show hidden networks as well as apps that can do the same.

Literally provides no security. I have many devices which show hidden networks as well as apps that can do the same.

Interesting, so they can show the actual SSID when hidden?   if so, maybe DumaOS can develop a more sophisticated method to hide.   thanks you 2. 

Interesting, so they can show the actual SSID when hidden? if so, maybe DumaOS can develop a more sophisticated method to hide. thanks you 2.

My 20 year old Linksys WRT54G router can show hidden WiFi networks with a site scan. Hell my printer picks up hidden WiFi networks lol