How to open your NAT with the XR500

• 3 weeks later...

I'm still having an issue with NAT type 2 on my PS4 and Xbox one x. It's weird Modem > xr500 > Xbox, PS4. I tried all the steps so far. I'm going to give it a day and see if it set's. My modem is a Netgear CM700, provider is Suddenlink. Don't know if this info helps. Is there any customer service number I could call in regards to my issue? Cause I have more than one, that needs help with.

• Administrators

I'm still having an issue with NAT type 2 on my PS4 and Xbox one x. It's weird Modem > xr500 > Xbox, PS4. I tried all the steps so far. I'm going to give it a day and see if it set's. My modem is a Netgear CM700, provider is Suddenlink. Don't know if this info helps. Is there any customer service number I could call in regards to my issue? Cause I have more than one, that needs help with.

Hi reyrey, NAT Type 2 is open. It just means that you're behind a router. NAT Type 1 would mean you're plugged directly into a modem but they both mean you have an open NAT. If you go here: https://www.netgear.com/support/and login with the account you used to register the router then you should be able to get a number to call but there is no need if you're getting NAT Type 2. 

If you're having other issues please make a topic detailing them & we'll be happy to help.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Question if i put the console in the DMZ and assign it an static IP address would all DumaOS setting such as device prioritization, anti-bufferbloat and bandwith allocation still work to manage the console if it is in the DMZ?

Yes absolutely! All the features will continue to work for other devices as well as the console when it is in the DMZ.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Hi Fraser,

As the XR500 is basically my modem, I guess I still need to add the ports in port forwarding for the static IP of the playstation?

Regards,

eXi

UPnP should open it fine but if not I would recommend port forwarding. If you're not a fan of that then the easiest way to get it open is to put the PlayStation IP into the DMZ.

I'd just like to reiterate one simple solution for getting an Open NAT type.

Forward port 3074 UDP

That's all I've ever needed to achieve an Open NAT for any COD game. Ever.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Awesome changing the geo filter to spectating worked for me!!!

Just make sure to change it back to Filtering when you're ready to search for a game! If you find the server that's allowed by Spectating Mode but was blocked on Filtering Mode for NAT please let us know the ID.

• Administrators

How exactly do I find that information? I’m new to this.

On the Geo-Filter Map, expand the Options menu (three horizontal lines in the top left of the panel). Then uncheck ‘Auto-Ping host).  

Now when you next see the server, click on its icon on the map once. A ping panel should appear below the map. Within that panel will be a field called ID. Could you copy that ID and post here. We will then whitelist it so it’s never blocked again. 

Thanks. 

Hey Netduma Team,

I am so sorry to disturb you but I can't start a topic on the forum due to me being a new member.

I hope you can help me out for this as I am pretty damn happy with this router coming from Linksys Trash like the WRT32X.

Okay everything is working perfectly except that when I play Battlefront 2 on my PC, there is no high priority traffic detected. Now, UPNP is enabled but I did not add any rules. I am thinking I might have to add my PC under Traffic Prioritization and manually add a game under Advanced where they show source and destination ports. Will you be so kind to assist me on how to set it based on this information from EA?

Battlefront 2 PC Port Forwarding

UDP : 443

TCP : 80, 443, 8080

They ask for a source port and destination port and a protocol which says TCP+UDP but for TCP I have more than 1 port.

Other than this, I do not have any issues. Just upset I can't enjoy the high priority packet detection and letting Netduma prioritize.

Thank you so much in advance.

P.S - I hope you guys can add Battlefront 2 as a game listed in the Netduma Classified Games! :)

Great work for far guys...

Regards,
Omar Currim
Singapore

• Administrators

Hi Sating, just fyi there is no restriction on making a topic as a new member.

Also the ports they want are actually these:

UDP 3659
TCP: 3569, 10000 - 29999, 42100-42200
TCP/UDP: 9000-9999

Do not change the source ports at all, I've included a picture of one of them so you can see how to do the ranges:

Screen Shot 2018-04-08 at 12.35.22.png

Also if you'd like to help us get it in the list please follow this: http://forum.netduma.com/topic/24394-want-to-help-classify-games-for-traffic-prioritization-look-here/

Hi Sating, just fyi there is no restriction on making a topic as a new member.

Also the ports they want are actually these:

UDP 3659

Do not change the source ports at all, I've included a picture of one of them so you can see how to do the ranges:

Also if you'd like to help us get it in the list please follow this: http://forum.netduma.com/topic/24394-want-to-help-classify-games-for-traffic-prioritization-look-here/

Thanks a million Fraser!

Just to double-check on the following :

1) I only need to do it for TCP/UDP only or I will need to do it separately for UDP and TCP also?

2) Also to clarify, that these rules be done under Netduma Classified Games > Add Device > Add game under Advanced Tab and not under Port Forwarding or UPNP rules?

3) My UPNP setting is On. Actually most of the settings on the router is default and have not touched it so it should be fairly straight forward. So I trust that UPNP should be left On as well while forwarding the ports as described in 2).

Best Regards,
Omar Currim
Singapore

• Netduma Staff

Thanks a million Fraser!

Just to double-check on the following :

1) I only need to do it for TCP/UDP only or I will need to do it separately for UDP and TCP also?

2) Also to clarify, that these rules be done under Netduma Classified Games > Add Device > Add game under Advanced Tab and not under Port Forwarding or UPNP rules?

3) My UPNP setting is On. Actually most of the settings on the router is default and have not touched it so it should be fairly straight forward. So I trust that UPNP should be left On as well while forwarding the ports as described in 2).

Best Regards,
Omar Currim
Singapore

There should be options for TCP, UDP, or TCP & UDP. The ports Fraser provided have the required option next to them. You should be making 3 new rules, each with the corresponding option:

UDP 3659

I hope this makes sense! As for your other questions, you should be adding these rules to the Traffic Prioritisation section. If you have an open NAT then there's no reason to port forward (since you already have UPnP enabled which will do this automatically). Let us know how you get on :)

There should be options for TCP, UDP, or TCP & UDP. The ports Fraser provided have the required option next to them. You should be making 3 new rules, each with the corresponding option:

UDP 3659

I hope this makes sense! As for your other questions, you should be adding these rules to the Traffic Prioritisation section. If you have an open NAT then there's no reason to port forward (since you already have UPnP enabled which will do this automatically). Let us know how you get on :)

Thanks Jack and Fraser.

The settings worked flawlessly and the difference is phenomenal! It now shows High Priority Traffic and the circle lights up to red! And when I exit the game, it revert back to normal traffic with just a blank circle.

Practically the kills just come the minute I click on the mouse button.

Another thing I noticed is that I used to get slow server connection to BF2 server on many maps but yesterday playing for 3 hours on various maps, I only got 1 map that showed that. But I joined off a friend in the Western Coast US instead of the joining the lobby where it match-makes you to the most ideal server. It was still very much playable. But damn, overall good stuff. Now when I join matches at the lobby, it seems that every server I get connected to is now fast and I do not get that warning message about being connected to a slow server. It was a case previously before I added rules to the Traffic Prioritization.

Thanks Netduma! A huge leap from my WRT32X which was absolute garbage. I will try to get the captures done as what Jack mentioned. I really hope to see it added to the Netduma Classified Games.

• Netduma Staff

Thanks Jack and Fraser.

The settings worked flawlessly and the difference is phenomenal! It now shows High Priority Traffic and the circle lights up to red! And when I exit the game, it revert back to normal traffic with just a blank circle.

Practically the kills just come the minute I click on the mouse button.

Another thing I noticed is that I used to get slow server connection to BF2 server on many maps but yesterday playing for 3 hours on various maps, I only got 1 map that showed that. But I joined off a friend in the Western Coast US instead of the joining the lobby where it match-makes you to the most ideal server. It was still very much playable. But damn, overall good stuff. Now when I join matches at the lobby, it seems that every server I get connected to is now fast and I do not get that warning message about being connected to a slow server. It was a case previously before I added rules to the Traffic Prioritization.

Thanks Netduma! A huge leap from my WRT32X which was absolute garbage. I will try to get the captures done as what Jack mentioned. I really hope to see it added to the Netduma Classified Games.

That's awesome news, I'm really glad that worked out for you! Feel free to play around with the settings, there's plenty of options to improve your gameplay. If you've got any more questions or just need some help we'll always be here on the forum.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Netduma Staff

So we have to enable spectating mode on the geo filter every time we jump to a game? Because I'm having the same problem here!

If you enable Spectating Mode it will remain active, so if you're playing the same game (one that does not need Filtering Mode) then you shouldn't have to re-enable Spectating Mode every time. With Spectating Mode active, do you have an open NAT? Which problem are you having specifically?

To be more accurate! I turn on my console check THE NAT TYPE AND IT READS "GETTING INFO". OKAY NOW I LOG IN TO THE XR500 AND I HAVE TO ENABLE SPECTATING MODE ON! NOW IF I I DONT DO ANYTHING THE GAMES SAYS I HAVE OPEN NAT TYPE!!