Geo filter and congestion control?

Hi guys!  Quick questions.  Does the geo filter need to be on to take advantage of congestion control?  Also if I have 2 xboxes in the house and we play together does both of them need to have the xbox service and geo if I host the game?\

Thanks!

Hi guys!  Quick questions.  Does the geo filter need to be on to take advantage of congestion control?  Also if I have 2 xboxes in the house and we play together does both of them need to have the xbox service and geo if I host the game?\

Thanks!

You don’t need the geofilter enabled to use congestion control, they are totally independent of each other.

Only the host of the game needs to have the geofilter enabled when your playing together.

• Netduma Staff

Thanks!

The reply above is correct. Please let us know if you have any other questions :)

Just for clarity, unticking "Enabled" is effectively turning off the geo filter but congestion control is still on for that console I just unticked "Enabled" correct?  thanks guys!

Yes that’s correct. Unticking enable turns the geo filter off. If you want to turn off congestion control off you would have to set the sliders back to 100% otherwise it is applied all the time.

• Netduma Staff

Just for clarity, unticking "Enabled" is effectively turning off the geo filter but congestion control is still on for that console I just unticked "Enabled" correct?  thanks guys!

Yep the advice above is correct. Just to clarify the Anti-Flood sliders a bit, when the sliders are on 100/100 Anti-Flood is essentially 'disabled'. All devices will take the maximum bandwidth allowed to them. When Anti-Flood is set lower (we recommend 70/70 for gaming) device bandwidth is limited in a pretty smart way to prevent bufferbloat / congestion from causing lag while you're gaming :)