Netduma have already said that there will be no trade in or discount. The dumaOS will be available on the R1 on april 17thth but as for the Netgear Nighthawk that is purely to do with Netgear and Netduma designed their firmware for that router and Netduma are not responsible for sales or distribution of that router either.
PASTED FROM A POST BY FRASER.................................
I can't respond to you all personally so I will answer the general themes I have seen in the comments. Thank you for all the kinds words and the feedback.
Can you exchange the R1 for the XR500 or get a discount towards the XR500?
- Netgear are a separate company so that wouldn't be possible.
Can we put DumaOS on our existing Netgear router?
- No you can't. Unless Netgear decide in future that they want to allow that.
Why April if DumaOS is ready now?
- DumaOS for the R1 has/will have more new and exciting features which therefore takes longer to perfect. As it is slower hardware we also need to do a lot of speed optimisations. As well as doing the Settings section ourselves. The XR500 utilises Netgear settings integrated with DumaOS.
Availability outside the US?
- That is a question for Netgear but I'm sure they will branch out of the US soon.
How fast will updates come out/will there be new features?
- The R1 will have faster updates and new features in the long run.
The price is too high.
- We don't have any influence on how Netgear calculate the final retail price.
Does the XR500 have the Anti-Jitter/Anti-Spike feature?
- No, that is on our R1 roadmap.
Hope this isn't too off topic, I was curious for some early adopters of the R1, if there was going to be any sort of trade in or discounted cost for acquiring the new router HW? I believe someone told me a while back that there maybe a possibility of this. Was curious is all.
Thank you for your time.