Nighthawk XR500 with DumaOS coming soon to UK.

BIG__DOG

Hi all.

Just trawling through the internet on this fine morning and noticed that netgear have updated their website featuring the new XR500 and that it is coming soon to the UK and I presume Europe too.

http://www.netgear.co.uk/npg/xr500/

B.D

agreed matey. But for some they will want the Nighthawk when it is out over here :)

Unless you are seriously into gaming, I don't see the advantage in shelling out £300 hard ones for an extra bit of hardware.

(Dons flame proof suit) but no doubt there will be the early adopters who will get it because any advantage is an advantage however minuscule it may be!

BUT, the biggest caveat is what ISP you have and all the variables that come with it. Can anyone seriously tell me that it would improve the likes of Virgin? Although it's the modem that can and does cause the problem.

I think I will watch and wait, and see what the outcome of the d/l in April :)

BUT, the biggest caveat is what ISP you have and all the variables that come with it. Can anyone seriously tell me that it would improve the likes of Virgin? Although it's the modem that can and does cause the problem.

No it can not fix the Intel puma 6 CPU bug, using a super hub 2 sorts out that issue if you were to downgrade.

I`m a bit cheesed really..Went and got a asus rog rapture couple of months ago which is good but then still plug the duma in for geo filter when playing UFC,,, should have waited ,I knew this would happen...LOL :)  :)  :)  

Unless you are seriously into gaming, I don't see the advantage in shelling out £300 hard ones for an extra bit of hardware.

(Dons flame proof suit) but no doubt there will be the early adopters who will get it because any advantage is an advantage however minuscule it may be!

I think I will watch and wait, and see what the outcome of the d/l in April :)

If you have a bad line with jitter and noise then no 300 quid router will fix that. Having said that when I see this new machine I almost get stirrings in the trouser depeartment as it is damn sexy looking I gotta admit!

If you have a bad line with jitter and noise then no 300 quid router will fix that. Having said that when I see this new machine I almost get stirrings in the trouser depeartment as it is damn sexy looking I gotta admit!

PMSL!!! :)

No it can not fix the Intel puma 6 CPU bug, using a super hub 2 sorts out that issue if you were to downgrade.

It does? I had the Supercraphub 2 and VM cable was still awful for me. Wouldn't want to imagine how bad it is through a SH3 lol

It does? I had the Supercraphub 2 and VM cable was still awful for me. Wouldn't want to imagine how bad it is through a SH3 lol

It fixes the jitter cause by the buggy sh3 CPU as it does not use the puma 6 chip, if you have ISP congestion then the only thing that can fix that is the ISP adding more capacity.

I couldn't agree more I'm in dispute resolution mode with VM now , I'm running smoke ping and monitored line from DLRreports premium.  last nights play cod was appalling i was just so disappointed , especially after i now have the R1 & excellent netduma .funnerly enough at about 11.30 i was free  running about stabbing people in my usual manner. playing a game is not a high end user as far as isp are concerned i mean data is small potatoes.

The first BQM is day before my new VM2AC  running VM2 fine  all new cables my end, couple feet modem mode , pre and post R1 on different days i.e. , with and without :  i think vm agree sorting upstream is causing this latency some of this packet loss was me mesin changing stuff   but generally i feel the restrictive issues in game play due to crapo vm and its increased as described bro.

I'm now looking for an independent  isp

i herd that sky provide hubs that are not adjustable i.e. , modem mode to install my own router r1 of course modems  i may be wrong its happened before .

dcm

post-26670-0-40859000-1516548109_thumb.png

post-26670-0-94895800-1516548182_thumb.png

post-26670-0-33588500-1516548223_thumb.png