Possiblity of older Nighthawk models getting DumaOS firmware???

I know this is a shot in the dark, but by any chance have y’all had any talks with Netgear about the possibility of using dumaOS on other older nighthawk models?!?! Bought me a Nighthawk x8 to use for WiFi after I bought my R1, I’d really like to be able to use all the power that router has with DumaOS. I thought I saw a Nighthawk x8 promo that had a DumaOS coloration to it when looking up all the specs and videos on the new xr500... Hope y’all have that in the works!

Guess I’ll give them a call and bug them about it lol. Did they buy the rights to dumaOS or are they going to buy Netduma as a whole? I looked on their support website and they have no reference to the netduma company, not even when answering questions about DumaOS...

So just found out that Netgear is not only going to discontinue the Nighthawk X8 but their tech department is no longer going to provide any further firmware updates!!! I’m beyond pissed off! It’s barely 2 years old and their already trying to make it obsolete. What should I do with it? Could I have netduma put dumaOS on it or possibly put the rx500 firmware on it...? I don’t want to have to DD-wrt it, really wish netduma had a loophole for me or a softmod that would be applicable.

• Administrators

Guess I’ll give them a call and bug them about it lol. Did they buy the rights to dumaOS or are they going to buy Netduma as a whole? I looked on their support website and they have no reference to the netduma company, not even when answering questions about DumaOS...

They didn't buy the rights to DumaOS, they are just licensing our software. We are still separate companies.

So just found out that Netgear is not only going to discontinue the Nighthawk X8 but their tech department is no longer going to provide any further firmware updates!!! I’m beyond pissed off! It’s barely 2 years old and their already trying to make it obsolete. What should I do with it? Could I have netduma put dumaOS on it or possibly put the rx500 firmware on it...? I don’t want to have to DD-wrt it, really wish netduma had a loophole for me or a softmod that would be applicable.

It would be up to Netgear whether they want DumaOS on any other hardware.

I would be shocked if NG released the FW to be installed on other NG models.  They would lose sells on the XR500.  The  XR500 is basically the R7800 night hawk with the Duma OS installed in it SI I doubt they would

I wonder if NG would have been better off on releasing the Duma OS on all their Night hawk routers for a premium?  Meaning night hawk owners would have the option to purchase the firmware for $XX amount of dollars?