How to get a consistent buffer bloat rating? Latency and LAG COMP

Hey, I recently just purchase a netduma router and the setup I have is going great. I have my Moden > Netduma > TP-link for 5g WIFI. The router does what it says which is dominate lag. I don't really see other players lag anymore on Cod WW2 with this router. I do face a little latency problem which I know can be fixed in some type of way. I shoot first and die first a lot, but something that I like about this video that Simjc and having issues with.

Simjc was going over the congestion control part of the video explaining the buffer bloat rate and the idle speed on dslreport. I'm having issues with trying to achieve the best result within the idle speed. It would be something like this: IDLE: 19-23 DWN: 23-38 UP: 25-29. Simjc was referring them as air bubbles. I have problems with download IDlE which can probably cause a huge ping spike. I notice one time when it was really low, I felt like I was ahead of time on COD WW2. It felt amazing, and I felt like a god. It felt like I was beating lag compensation. I Literally went 40-2 with a consistent and low idle ping. The only problem is trying to get it to be consistent.

I have 100 download and 10 upload speeds. I heard some bad reviews about that charter spectrum internet, but that all I have in my area. Also, don't you think congestion control would stop the idle ping from running all over the place, and also trying to keep it consistent? Please, someone, give me some advice. Some people told me to wait for the netduma New os because the CC will be better.

Also, base ping is good in the game, it's like 25.

Hey, I recently just purchase a netduma router and the setup I have is going great. I have my Moden > Netduma > TP-link for 5g WIFI. The router does what it says which is dominate lag. I don't really see other players lag anymore on Cod WW2 with this router. I do face a little latency problem which I know can be fixed in some type of way. I shoot first and die first a lot, but something that I like about this video that Simjc and having issues with.

Simjc was going over the congestion control part of the video explaining the buffer bloat rate and the idle speed on dslreport. I'm having issues with trying to achieve the best result within the idle speed. It would be something like this: IDLE: 19-23 DWN: 23-38 UP: 25-29. Simjc was referring them as air bubbles. I have problems with download IDlE which can probably cause a huge ping spike. I notice one time when it was really low, I felt like I was ahead of time on COD WW2. It felt amazing, and I felt like a god. It felt like I was beating lag compensation. I Literally went 40-2 with a consistent and low idle ping. The only problem is trying to get it to be consistent.

I have 100 download and 10 upload speeds. I heard some bad reviews about that charter spectrum internet, but that all I have in my area. Also, don't you think congestion control would stop the idle ping from running all over the place, and also trying to keep it consistent? Please, someone, give me some advice. Some people told me to wait for the netduma New os because the CC will be better.

Also, base ping is good in the game, it's like 25.

I used to do it on my PC but now i run the test on the PS4 as thats the system you want to achieve the minimum BB on. My i get all A+ on DL-90 UL-8, also my graph is all level to.

That isn't lag comp, but I doubt the low bufferbloat rating makes a difference if you're not maxing out your network anyway. I average 1ms of bloat and still had to uninstall WW2 because hit detection was nonexistent on 7ms pings.

really? 

really?

Yup. I used to play on cable and thought my inability to get an A+ was the cause of wonkiness in CoD. I could lower my bandwidth as much as 75% and manage an A grade at best. I moved to fibre, guarantee <2ms of bloat on both the downstream and upstream with sliders as high as 97% and it doesn't make a difference. I rarely play with other devices online anyway lol

I found just TWO games with acceptable connections after playing through more than 20 levels on WW2 so I got rid. IW isn't much better but I do find the odd game with pristine hit detection where hitmarkers are instant.

What you idle ping? and how consistent it is?

My idle ping is 19-21ms on PC and 22-25ms on Xbox with the same CC settings. But under load download and upload are much worse on Xbox 22-50ms. On PC it shows the same as idle ping. I use 60/60 on CC or 70/70. I have optic cable internet 100/100

• Administrators

I didn't see it in your post but is your console connected via ethernet? If so try with another cable and see results. Then also see results with WiFi.

Bufferbloat only occurs though when your network is saturated so with Anti-Flood enabled that doesn't occur so the search for perfect DSLReports results is kind of a moot point in my opinion.

If your Xbox is in hyperlane and you're trying to test bufferbloat with DSL Reports then I expect it won't work properly. Hyperlane is not supposed to handle a flood of data.

I don't think DSL Reports is worth using to test your connection anyway.

• Administrators

If your Xbox is in hyperlane and you're trying to test bufferbloat with DSL Reports then I expect it won't work properly. Hyperlane is not supposed to handle a flood of data.

I don't think DSL Reports is worth using to test your connection anyway.

This is correct, good point.

Agree with Boom,DSL use to be all the rage on here but as everything else in technology...it changes.What's "hot" today isn't tomorrow.

I use to mess around with getting the BB dialed in but then you can check it an hour later with the same settings and you will get different results.

IMO best way to go about it is run ping plotter with a couple windows open streaming YT vids while messing around with your congestion control and watching your PP graph.

What ever settings on CC give you the flattest line ( stability wise ) on your PP graph go with those settings.

And YES Charter / Spectrum is not that great as it cable,I have it too.And it's unstable to say the least, make sure you have a solid modem ( without the puma intel chipset ) as it will help to minimize the spikes as you really seem to notice them on cable as we're being the 8 ball to begin with.

But I'll give it to Spectrum they are trying to improve their internet so hopefully they will to continue to improve they network.