Digital vs Physical

I need some more opinions.  Which do you gentlemen prefer and why? Initially I would have said Physical but I have to say purchasing games digitally is becoming more and more appealing to me. 

I guess the one big thing for me when it comes to purchasing digital games are isp's data caps.  Games are getting much larger now.  So I just value you guys opinions so let them fly.

I prefer the physical disc.  Mostly due to wanting to physically own what i purchase.. to see the copy.   It will also help with making installs easier whenever you increase hard drive space.  Just pop the disc in and reinstall versus searching through your download list.

I have always bought Physical, so i did not have to download the game, now I am on fibre and if pre-loading games becomes big it might be a game changer.

physical cause i can play it in 10 or 20 years again

not the case with digital, the service will be shut down once the console or platform becomes less popular and you cannot download it anymore

Digital for me , so easy just play any game without having to eject etc , guess it's lazy really . The whole house is digital now no CD,s anymore we use iTunes or Xbox music . This debate wil always split people it's like Ebooks as well some people just like the feel of the physical disc / book . The downside is you obviously cant sell or trade at the moment as soon as they come up with a plan for that I guess more people will switch . One thing I will say is I think very carefully now before purchasing a game , nothing worse than not liking the game you have just bought and you cant get rid of it .

mainly physical but i have had ghosts and destiny digital, i'm a little bemused with the pricing strategy of digital games tbh, you are cutting out the middleman and all associated things such as the disc and transportation .......yet you can even end up paying more most of the time.

Well i find it funny as i can purchase a physical copy cheaper then a digital witch make a very small sense to me take all that proces and money adding due to all that work that is needed to produce a physical copy where with digital copy its free of all of those above and yet it could bee more expensive

I prefer the disk in case you even want to take it and play it somewhere else or in case you wanna break it,hard to break the digital download version    ;)

Physical Physical, I wanna get physicaaaaaal. Enough of my fantasy world.

I prefer Physical for the same reason as Macca, so I can sell or trade in all the crap. There are not many games make it and stay in my collection but I have also found the same as Toby Juggs (gotta be a joke in there somewhere ooooooh Matron) In a lot of cases it costs more for digital.

There is also something to be said for going to a midnight launch and standing in line with all the yummy mummies. lol

Archived