netduma with netgear?

David824

I just saw on Facebook about dumaos partnering up with netgear for the nighthawk xr500 router...im confused...are we going to get the dumaos for our r1?...or are we going to have to buy this nighthawk in order to get the dumaos?

i am in the UK and it isn't on UK's amazon.....I am extremely pissed over this as Netduma is a UK company and it should be available to UK customers also.

I ordered it from Amazon.

• Netduma Staff

i am in the UK and it isn't on UK's amazon.....I am extremely pissed over this as Netduma is a UK company and it should be available to UK customers also.

We'll try to inform everyone if we learn the date Netgear plans to ship to the UK. In the past they have always been prompt and eager to get their routers sold across the world, so this won't be a US exclusive router for long.

The decisions on that front are unfortunately out of our hands.

i have a few questions :-

1.will there be an R2 in the future , as nothing lasts forever and technology moves on etc or has the netgear deal put a stop to this?.

2.will netgear have there own help section or is this forum going to get swamped ?.

3. is the R1 now a test bed for future netgear updates ?.

4. if the R1 is now a test bed , will we the testers get any finished updates/patches etc before netgear or will we have to wait ?.

ps congrats on the deal btw , it validates the work and the idea you (ian) had from the start.

• Administrators

i have a few questions :-

1.will there be an R2 in the future , as nothing lasts forever and technology moves on etc or has the netgear deal put a stop to this?.

2.will netgear have there own help section or is this forum going to get swamped ?.

3. is the R1 now a test bed for future netgear updates ?.

4. if the R1 is now a test bed , will we the testers get any finished updates/patches etc before netgear or will we have to wait ?.

ps congrats on the deal btw , it validates the work and the idea you (ian) had from the start.

1. The Netgear partnership would not affect us bringing out our own products as far as I am aware. We're just focusing on the software at the moment but it isn't outside the realms of possibility for the future.
  2. XR500 support will be to them as it is their own product, however I have made a DumaOS sub forum should we get any issues/questions posted so we can answer them and keep it separate from the rest of the forum.
  3. Not necessarily.
  4. I'm not sure on that one as that's not my domain but it would stand to reason the R1 would keep the feature.   

Thanks Mike!