I can't respond to you all personally so I will answer the general themes I have seen in the comments. Thank you for all the kinds words and the feedback.
Can you exchange the R1 for the XR500 or get a discount towards the XR500?
- Netgear are a separate company so that wouldn't be possible.
Can we put DumaOS on our existing Netgear router?
- No you can't. Unless Netgear decide in future that they want to allow that.
Why April if DumaOS is ready now?
- DumaOS for the R1 has/will have more new and exciting features which therefore takes longer to perfect. As it is slower hardware we also need to do a lot of speed optimisations. As well as doing the Settings section ourselves. The XR500 utilises Netgear settings integrated with DumaOS.
Availability outside the US?
- That is a question for Netgear but I'm sure they will branch out of the US soon.
How fast will updates come out/will there be new features?
- The R1 will have faster updates and new features in the long run.
The price is too high.
- We don't have any influence on how Netgear calculate the final retail price.
Does the XR500 have the Anti-Jitter/Anti-Spike feature?
- No, that is on our R1 roadmap.