Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Major Announcement: Netduma partner with NETGEAR to launch the Nighthawk XR500 Gaming Router

DumaOS

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
227 replies to this topic

BIG__DOG

BIG__DOG

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,525 posts
  • Local time: 02:18 PM
  • LocationNear Manchester

why isnt this available in the UK yet?? been searching but cant find anyone who has them in stock :(

that is because the states gets 1st dibs on it by the looks of it. Not us UK users, oh no, not us! But if netduma's hands are tied with t's n c's enforced by netgear than that may be why. Still sucks with netduma being a UK company.

a pissed off B.D

SzMsO7f.gif   x0ahK7Dt.jpg

Macca61

Macca61

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • LocationWarrington
I can understand people are frustrated that they now have to wait longer for the Duma OS. Personally speaking I don't think a few more months is going hurt :)
I think that people are expecting to much from a new operating system, as no router/modem can fix your ISP if it's a shit/jittery connection as well as all the other variables that go into gaming.

If your are just expecting a more user friendly bug free OS then you will probably be delighted :) if you can't wait till April buy the Netgear lol ;)

PharmDawgg

PharmDawgg

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,018 posts
  • Local time: 09:18 AM
  • LocationGA-USA

POPULAR

Congratulations on the partnership mates. I can only guess it has been a lot of hard work and long nights building a whole new OS for Netgear's hardware. I guess now it is paying off. Again congrats. I can't wait to see what 2018 holds for the Netduma community. 

But as for me I'm sticking with my old trusty R1.  It has been good to me and I'm not going to kick it to the curb just yet. 

MrWhooz

MrWhooz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
So does Duma Os include the anti jitter and anti spike feature? What exactly are the new features of Duma OS?

scooby

scooby

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
How come you can buy it in th USA but no sign of any sellers in the UK.
Anyone from Netduma care to reply.

MrWhooz

MrWhooz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Is this one still going to require me to mess around with settings all the time to make it work? Need to know before I order.

Couldn't wait ten minutes for a answer, so I ordered it. I'll find out Thursday.

When you get the router can you let us know about the Duma is and performance?

RedBull2k

RedBull2k

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationSouth Wales

I am very excited

BIG__DOG

BIG__DOG

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,525 posts

That's there plan, Netduma just going to turn into a software company so the upgrade to the Nighthawk would be better. Cold heart truth

Netduma IS a software company, they created firmware for a specific router.

BIG__DOG

BIG__DOG

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,525 posts

There is likely a clause in the contract between netgear and netduma regarding launch and where. Just a shame it is not a simultaneous launch......oh well, it is what it is!

B.D

How come you can buy it in th USA but no sign of any sellers in the UK.
Anyone from Netduma care to reply.

iAmMoDBoX

iAmMoDBoX

argument-jedi-mindshitter

• Moderators
  • 2,994 posts

POPULAR

It's funny hearing everyone complain here, but I guarantee they buy a new smart phone every year without questioning it.

Hardware changes, get over it.

The R1 will still be better because it won't have any influence from Netgear making the final say in the product.

You forget that the whole point of DumaOS was to make a solid base operating system, which can be built on top of and customized to what we wanted.

Posted Image

Posted Image

raikun

raikun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Local time: 08:18 AM

POPULAR

What bothers me is, if DumaOS is ready for a different device, what stops them releasing it for the device they have been working on for years, the way it should have been. I am not against Netduma growing and making partnerships, but effective client relationships are much improved by transparency, and this feels like you graduating college and celebrating at a neighbor's house instead of with the family that paid for your damn major in the first place.

Sgt-Greco

Sgt-Greco

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Local time: 04:18 PM
  • LocationAthens

POPULAR

I wish Netduma crew the best of luck with their new partner.

Just a couple of thoughts.

I find it rather unlikely to purchase, not because of the high price, but because I feel "betrayed"..... It just doesn't feel right.

I'm not aware of the terms or the agreement of this partnership, but I think Netuma devs should insist on top priority for early buyers. After all, these guys supported the new product, helped the community, uploaded tons of videos with tutorials, settings, reviews etc.

One more thing to all the "it will be ready when it's ready" dudes. Maybe now you've learned your lesson why it is so important to keep your mouth shut every now and then.

TryHardUndies

TryHardUndies

Official Netduma Zealot

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationUK

I wish Netduma crew the best of luck with their new partner.

Just a couple of thoughts.

I find it rather unlikely to purchase, not because of the high price, but because I feel "betrayed"..... It just doesn't feel right.

I'm not aware of the terms or the agreement of this partnership, but I think Netuma devs should insist on top priority for early buyers. After all, these guys supported the new product, helped the community, uploaded tons of videos with tutorials, settings, reviews etc.

One more thing to all the "it will be ready when it's ready" dudes. Maybe now you've learned your lesson why it is so important to keep your mouth shut every now and then.

You feel betrayed!? Get a grip m8, seriously! It's a product, do you feel betrayed when Apple release a new iPhone if they don't seek your approval first?

Sgt-Greco

Sgt-Greco

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Local time: 04:18 PM
  • LocationAthens

You feel betrayed!? Get a grip m8, seriously! It's a product, do you feel betrayed when Apple release a new iPhone if they don't seek your approval first?

I'm not talking hardware here. I'm talking software.

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,575 posts

POPULAR

Hi all, 

I can't respond to you all personally so I will answer the general themes I have seen in the comments. Thank you for all the kinds words and the feedback. 

--

Can you exchange the R1 for the XR500 or get a discount towards the XR500?

- Netgear are a separate company so that wouldn't be possible.

Can we put DumaOS on our existing Netgear router? 

- No you can't. Unless Netgear decide in future that they want to allow that.

Why April if DumaOS is ready now?

- DumaOS for the R1 has/will have more new and exciting features which therefore takes longer to perfect. As it is slower hardware we also need to do a lot of speed optimisations. As well as doing the Settings section ourselves. The XR500 utilises Netgear settings integrated with DumaOS.

Availability outside the US?

- That is a question for Netgear but I'm sure they will branch out of the US soon.

How fast will updates come out/will there be new features?

- The R1 will have faster updates and new features in the long run.

The price is too high.

- We don't have any influence on how Netgear calculate the final retail price.

Does the XR500 have the Anti-Jitter/Anti-Spike feature?

- No, that is on our R1 roadmap.

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - Midnight BST

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

Alex49H

Alex49H

Netduma Cheerleader

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts
  • Local time: 06:18 AM
  • LocationUSA - Southern California

It's funny hearing everyone complain here, but I guarantee they buy a new smart phone every year without questioning it.

Hardware changes, get over it.

The R1 will still be better because it won't have any influence from Netgear making the final say in the product.

You forget that the whole point of DumaOS was to make a solid base operating system, which can be built on top of and customized to what we wanted.

^^^^^^^^^^

What MoD said is correct!

Alex49H

raikun

raikun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Why April if DumaOS is ready now?

- DumaOS for the R1 has/will have more new and exciting features which therefore takes longer to perfect. As it is slower hardware we also need to do a lot of speed optimisations. As well as doing the Settings section ourselves. The XR500 utilises Netgear settings integrated with DumaOS.

See, this is what irks me. DumaOS will actually take longer on the device that it was meant to run on, but suddenly, it will run oh so fine on hardware it was never considered running on.
It just doesn't add up. And to reply to the comment about the iPhone (even though I use Android), how would you feel if you were hoping for an iOS update that would fix your issues, only to have it ready at a later time on YOUR phone, but somehow sooner on a completely (more expensive) device?

Soloflyerz

Soloflyerz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationCincinnati Ohio
I can see both sides here and am happy for the duma team, that said spending even more yet again to basically make the one pain in the arse game that’s still years behind play well seems like a bad move. At least for now I’ll stick with the R1 and unless I see some amazing difference gameplay wise which is near impossible for a router an upgrade seems unlikely. Maybe after taxes it’ll be worth throwing that extra money at just cause that money’s easier to blow with it just kinda falling into your lap. Think the community here would have felt much better if this wasn’t so far past the intended release already or the r1 upgrade was alongside this new release to show the early folks they’re not being left behind with this new partnership.

Anyway good luck to the duma team and hopefully this April upgrade isn’t another missed date for r1 os cause it has been quite a long road.

willphule

willphule

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

As we are all painfully aware of this, is there a chance we could see new hardware from Netduma in the next year or two? I have to admit to being really torn right now, I would love to have the newer/faster netgear hardware but I don't want to miss out on the new features that will be coming out on the r1.

As it is slower hardware we also need to do a lot of speed optimisations. 

FQs19

FQs19

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • LocationAldan, Pennsylvania

Netgear DumaOS is basically a Netgear router with the Geo-Filter and it's priority QoS. 

Fraser just said it won't get the anit-jitter feature. So i'm betting it's not getting anything else besides the Geo-filter and QoS

R1 DumaOS will have all the features they've been talking about for almost 2 years including the anti-jitter/anit-spike.

I'm also betting that Netgear made Netduma sign a 90 day Do-Not-Compete clause against the XR500. 

What I hope is that when they release DumaOS for the R1, that they have enough personal to handle support for both the XR500 and the R1.  

33658679.pngSuper Turbo Mode

Fios G1100 Gateway  >  Netduma R1 > LAN devices                 TV = LG OLED55C7P 55"    AVR = Yamaha RX-A3070

> Consoles                             

> Asus RT-AC87U (wifi)         

> LAN Devices     

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DumaOS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users