moar traffic

toby jugs

We're pretty much at the end of AW's life cycle.

Sure, there is a lot of time before BO3, and there is also one DLC left to drop, but let's face it. AW is a very shallow game, IMO. It launched with the least amount of content to date. Even Ghosts... Which everybody supposedly hates... Had a crap ton of game modes and maps at launch. AW was barebones, having the least amount of weapons in the arsenal of all CoDs (variants don't count), plus some pretty mediocre maps to begin with.

So, there isn't much to really talk about AW itself unless you are a die-hard CoD player who keeps playing the last one until the new one is released.

As for more users coming to this forum...

I just hope they 1) Have bought the Netduma (obviously), and 2) Even if they have not, they learn the facts about how the internet works, how MM works, etc. and don't rely on the heavily skewed and just plain old WRONG information being spewed by a certain official forum and its shill squad ;)

i reckon a lot of people are frightened off there having made a post or 2 and getting ridiculed

Crossy mentioned this before in another thread, but there is just something "wrong" with those posters over there.

The sad part is they aren't delusional 13-year old fanboys. They are (by admission) men in their 40s & 50s who are trying to sound smart about something most of them know nothing about. Some claim they are IT professionals, and if that is indeed the case, no wonder the U.S. was hacked by China, so easily ;)

While I agree some of the posters and posting on said forum can get out of hand, it's not all. I'm a regular over there too. Not every person agrees and it gets caddy sometimes, but we're not all bad.

While I agree some of the posters and posting on said forum can get out of hand, it's not all. I'm a regular over there too. Not every person agrees and it gets caddy sometimes, but we're not all bad.

I am too, but I refuse to just bow down to the Shill Squad when they post complete and utter nonsense and "like" each other's posts. 

As stated, if there were stricter moderation and developer (or company liaison) interaction on a regular basis, it wouldn't be that way and might actually be a nice place to hang out.

• Administrators

Its awesome how the #DumaArmy is growing!

Since we launched the company the expression "A little knowledge is dangerous" has really hit home. The worst people to talk to online are "IT professional here .... insert basic rudimentary from standard textbox with overuse of acronyms" & the worst thing is I can't slam them because I have to be professional :( 

Please don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with being sceptical. But an intelligent person asks questions first instead of trying to illustrate to everyone how knowledgeable they are first. 

/Rant

lol

Please don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with being sceptical. But an intelligent person asks questions first instead of trying to illustrate to everyone how knowledgeable they are first. 

This is why many people go to the official forum in the first place.

The game plays like crap online, they go to the forum to see if others are experiencing the same thing, but are met by the Shill Squad who like to beat them into submission and make the poster(s) think it is THEIR fault, and not the game, or Activision's terrible MM. They must be on Activision's payroll. Seriously.

They (Shill Squad) also do it because they know their audience is mostly teens and non-tech savvy 20somethings, so they love to "impress" them with fancy words and dissertations that are 100% false, but they try and pass it off as the word of God itself. When they are questioned about some of the things they assert is when they attack en masse and it drives people away who are looking for answers for why their game plays like poo poo online. It's sad.

On a more positive note...

I, too, had some doubts about the Netduma. Meaning, I was in denial about how bad the MM in AW was (is).

However, I figured give the R1 a try because I'm an early adopter anyway (Betamax, HD DVD), so even if it didn't work out, I would not be out that much considering how much I spend on video games already (it's my main hobby).

I'm glad I was WRONG  :P

• Administrators

Cheers Connor, 

I've never been on that particular forum tbh, I was referring to reddit. That place can be brutal with know it alls that actually know very little. But such is life!

Archived