Getting kicked from COD WW2 servers after every game or 2

I have recently started to get kicked from the COD WW2 servers after a game or 2 with the message "unable to connect to servers." I don't really have anything special on my settings. I started my own profile based off of the Ultimate COD profile with the only real difference is enabling ipv6 under LAN hit apply then go to misc and set enable ipv6 and reboot real quick. Geo filter is set from the COD profile and ping assist is set to 30. Bandwidth is 50 40 preemptive sliders at 60-70 with great tests from dslreports.com. Xbox is set in hyper traffic and Nat is open for both xbox and COD. Like I said everything is the base setup to run the algorithm designed for the Ultimate COD profile not sure why all the sudden I am having these issues. It has obviously made the gaming experience terrible at this point and unplayable. Hoping for some advice. To.my knowledge I am not sure if this is an Activision problem. I have seen that if people unplug their duma and use another router the problem goes away which leads me to believe there is an issue with the netduma firmware. Can you please advise on the course of action I should take. Thanks for the help in advamce.

• Netduma Staff

I have recently started to get kicked from the COD WW2 servers after a game or 2 with the message "unable to connect to servers." I don't really have anything special on my settings. I started my own profile based off of the Ultimate COD profile with the only real difference is enabling ipv6 under LAN hit apply then go to misc and set enable ipv6 and reboot real quick. Geo filter is set from the COD profile and ping assist is set to 30. Bandwidth is 50 40 preemptive sliders at 60-70 with great tests from dslreports.com. Xbox is set in hyper traffic and Nat is open for both xbox and COD. Like I said everything is the base setup to run the algorithm designed for the Ultimate COD profile not sure why all the sudden I am having these issues. It has obviously made the gaming experience terrible at this point and unplayable. Hoping for some advice. To.my knowledge I am not sure if this is an Activision problem. I have seen that if people unplug their duma and use another router the problem goes away which leads me to believe there is an issue with the netduma firmware. Can you please advise on the course of action I should take. Thanks for the help in advamce.

Hi, welcome to the forum! If you disable the Geo-Filter, do you get kicked? Also try switching to the Reactive algorithm. Does that prevent you from getting kicked?

The only feature of the Netduma which can filter servers is the Geo-Filter. If this is disabled, the Netduma behaves like a standard router.

How do I disable the geofilter... I left it as it was with the COD ultimate profile where the home location pin is in the ocean and just adjusted the ping assist to 30ms. I will run a test on reactive as opposed to preemptive to see the test results I get but I was under the assumption the best setting to run when you are below 100 mbps was preemptive. I have my bandwidth at 50-40 and getting GREAT test from dslreports.com. A+ across the board with nothing above 12ms ping and very minimal bufferbloat with 60-70 set on congestion sliders.I am on a fibre connection as well so don't know if that changes anything. Btw I am not trying to complain I love the firmware you guys developed and really looking forward to OS when the testing gets out of beta but as everyone who invests in your product we love to game and it's very frustrating when you get booted after every game.

• Netduma Staff

How do I disable the geofilter... I left it as it was with the COD ultimate profile where the home location pin is in the ocean and just adjusted the ping assist to 30ms. I will run a test on reactive as opposed to preemptive to see the test results I get but I was under the assumption the best setting to run when you are below 100 mbps was preemptive. I have my bandwidth at 50-40 and getting GREAT test from dslreports.com. A+ across the board with nothing above 12ms ping and very minimal bufferbloat with 60-70 set on congestion sliders.I am on a fibre connection as well so don't know if that changes anything. Btw I am not trying to complain I love the firmware you guys developed and really looking forward to OS when the testing gets out of beta but as everyone who invests in your product we love to game and it's very frustrating when you get booted after every game.

You can disable the Geo-Filter by unticking 'Enabled' underneath all devices you have added to it. This will prevent them from being filtered.

As for Reactive, we recommend that for anyone over 60mbps. You might get better results through using Reactive (or worse) though it's worth checking if using Reactive solves the booting issue, as a Netduma user a while back suggested there could be a correlation.

It's worth noting that this exact same issue (getting booted at the end of the game on Xbox) came up a month or so ago. It turned out to be Activisions fault, and they released a public statement to that effect before patching it out.

I tried these suggestions that you had and even up'd my ping to 50ms when all the servers I connect to are less than 40 ms even remotely close around me. Not sure what else to do but I am getting very very frustrated. It's 2xp weekend and I can't make it more than 2 games before being kicked once again!

Update... so I changed my settings again and disabled geo filter and put reactive on instead of preemptive and bumped up my bandwidth to 60 40 and have not been kicked but I have had a harder time finding good settings on dslreports.com and it's been a NOTICEABLE difference that I am having in game quality right now. The connections are just as bad before I have the duma so I don't know what the big difference in preemptive and reactive but it is very noticeable

Happening to me too. Happens on both preemptive and reactive so that isn't the issue. The issue arises when geofilter is enabled with strict mode even with a wide ( UK and Europe radius). If I put ping assist very high 200ms then I didn't see it happen.

Seems to me the game is trying to communicate with something during game play and isn't able to. It always happens during the game not pre-game lobby or matchmaking.

Perhaps Sledgehammer is on to the R1 and trying to prevent it's use:-?

Alternatively I think some of the recent Cods link players using P2P and only put them on the dedi for the actual game. I was seeing this last night. In between games I was connecting to a non-server host then back to dedi for the game.

In the end I turned off the geofilter when game started and on again at the end.

Matchmaking always puts me on the UK bank of severs and with the temp ban only lasting 5 minutes is actually making the somewhat R1 redundant.

Seems to me the game is trying to communicate with something during game play and isn't able to. It always happens during the game not pre-game lobby or matchmaking.

Perhaps Sledgehammer is on to the R1 and trying to prevent it's use:-?

Matchmaking always puts me on the UK bank of severs and with the temp ban only lasting 5 minutes is actually making the somewhat R1 redundant.

If that's the case, watch the Geo, record the ID, report back and we can stop it from happening easily. Nobody has managed to report back a single ID that is causing this booting. I suspect because it's not caused by that at all and that it's simply the same matchmaking flaw that Sledgehammer introduced when they rolled out a broken update.

No, Sledgehammer would not be able to tell and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't care either.

If you don't want to play on those servers then move the Geo filter somewhere else.

• Administrators

With the Geo-Filter disabled it can't affect the game servers. If you still get that and convinced it is the Netduma turn on turbo & super turbo mode in miscellaneous settings. That will turn off Congestion Control completely. So then it is like a standard router, then choose to use either UPnP OR port forwarding for your console (upnp forwarding in miscellaneous disabled, upnp & port forwarding disabled on upstream router with R1 WAN IP from device manager in the DMZ or if preferable upstream router in modem/bridge mode) that will ensure no port conflicts are the cause.

Then if you still have the same issues I'd find it hard to imagine it'd be the R1 as it'd literally only be routing packets without interference. I would then look at how your console is connected i.e. if WiFi then change to ethernet. Set static IP in DHCP lease to ensure it's IP doesn't change and therefore ports opened won't become redundant. 

check this video out. This is why it is happening and it is not down to the netduma but can affect ANY router. Sim has a workaround for this problem. 

It is caused by host to dedi server migration at the end of matches!

https://youtu.be/GQVnY6m_Mg0

B.D