Netduma keeps seeing a "host"

mountainping

hello ! 

i recently got a PC w/ WINDOWS 10... now when i open netduma i see that it is connecting to a host nearby some odd miles away... now when im not on that pc , say if i look at netduma from a iphone or laptop, or other pc, this host does not show... what could it be connecting to? is there anything in windows 10 that requires it to connect to a host that may show up in netduma geo filter? 

how can i find out what my computer is connecting to? (i don't see specific readings for this in windows task manager)

when i click on network monitor in netduma all it says is that its connecting to port 443

like i said only when on this pc does netduma show its connecting to this host some odd miles away nearby. its definitely not a dedi server of some sort since on geo filter it only reads to "update/ping/trace" the host.. very curious on what or who the host is.

lastly. this computer was a floor model that on the many occasions i seen it on the showroom floor , never seen it powered on at all. it was always disconnected with no cables hooked up to it or monitor near by.  although when i first powered it on, it guided me through the new windows 10 user screen that you would see when turning on a new computer for the first time. so im wondering could someone (one of the employees maybe,since they would figure eventually that floor model could end up with a costumer)  have installed something on it that allows them to connect to my computer ? 

i ask that because i see that i can do a reset to factory settings.. and 1 of 2 options states that it can leave your personal files but do a fresh windows install. and 2nd option is wipe everything to do a fresh install..

what are your guys thoughts? seems odd rite?  PS: i tried setting that host to 0% on host descriptor then clicking update, this way the geo filter would block it(i have geo filter off though)  yet the host keeps coming back but with a different host ID.

theres no reason that windows 10 should be connecting to a host or server. I take it that you have your pc listed in the geo filter for it to be pinging a host or server?

Seeing as you stated that it is a floor model there is probably tonnes of shit on there and it is a possability that someone could have tampered with it ( but unlikely but not impossible).

I would strongly suggest that you do a factory reset erasing any information, data and installed apps or programs that may be on there. I highly advise to to a total reinstallation (option 2 you said) just to be on the safe side!!!!!!

Just make sure you have created the relevant recovery media as backup before doing a system wipe.

B.D

theres no reason that windows 10 should be connecting to a host or server. I take it that you have your pc listed in the geo filter for it to be pinging a host or server?

Seeing as you stated that it is a floor model there is probably tonnes of shit on there and it is a possability that someone could have tampered with it ( but unlikely but not impossible).

I would strongly suggest that you do a factory reset erasing any information, data and installed apps or programs that may be on there. I highly advise to to a total reinstallation (option 2 you said) just to be on the safe side!!!!!!

Just make sure you have created the relevant recovery media as backup before doing a system wipe.

B.D

yes it is set to xbox live as per recommend by one of the main mods here on these forums. and i have it set to geo filter off yet i still see the system connecting to a host somewhat close to me (same state) 

can this be though since i was able to configure windows "for the first time" like it was a new computer? or is it 100% possible that someone could have planted something in the harddrive that when they reset windows to factory defaults that it still lingered for them to use? 

if i were to do a fresh install would i need to have a disc or thumb drive with windows? or is there something in windows that can allow it to reinstall itself?

and thanks again for the replies!

Per my experence with Windows 10 your most likley seeing and Xbox live server for the Xbox app.

The Duma can also pick up the Teredo server that your connecting to.

Finally I'm 98% sure you'll also see the NetDuma cloud server.

I've been using Win10 for sense it was released. 

The Duma works with it but can show odd stuff because of the Xbox intergration.

So you shouldn't worry about anything it's normal.

As a side note if you shut down all the "Windows Spying" stuff you'll break the Xbox intergaration. 

I know because I made that mistake before.

I had to fully reinstall windows 10 to use the Xbox intergration.

I'll keep an eye out on this post.

Again though what your seeing sounds normal to me.

Hope this helps.

Have a good one!