Gigabit Fiber Settings - The struggle is real

Hey guys, 

New to the forum here. Just picked up my Duma during the Black Friday sale. 

I am losing my mind right now trying to find good settings for COD WW2. I have a gigabit fiber line (1k up & down) and I feel like I am remarkably laggy in 95% of my games. I live in LA (Los Angeles not Louisiana) and with geo filtering set to between 500 / 600 miles and strict mode ticked, I'm often connected to hosts 2500 to 5000 miles away with player pings ranging from 150ms to 550ms and I've even seen up to 1000ms when it connects me to servers in the UK. I'm a hardcore player but I've recently started playing some core game modes to watch the kill cams and see how someone killed me that wasn't on my screen. In the replays, other players are standing in front of me, clear as day and it looks as if I'm an easy afk kill. 

I've tried every setting I've found suggested on the forums and everything I've found on youtube. The issue is I can't find much info for fiber setups and if I do, it's people with speeds around 100 down and 10 up. The only thing so far that has occasionally given me decent games is to massively throttle my connection. It's not enough to do it with the CC sliders though. I have to change my bandwidth to 100 down and 100 up and then drop my CC sliders way down. I've tried reactive & preemptive and always have super turbo off so I can utilize CC.

Router is on the newest firmware, system is hardwired, ports are forwarded, NAT is open and I live alone so the only other device connected is my laptop running nothing but the netduma router config page. Issue remains the same regardless of if I'm playing in a party (hosting or not) or playing solo.

Any input is GREATLY appreciated. Let me know if you need more information. Im an IT so I can ramble on and go level 10 nerd if it's helpful. :-)

Thanks!

PS4 Pro - COD WW2

post-23731-0-36071100-1514762847_thumb.png

post-23731-0-12318300-1514763077_thumb.png

post-23731-0-40013000-1514763086_thumb.png

post-23731-0-67024800-1514763270_thumb.png

turn ping assist to zero..or it will find games with pings in what you have it set(in different areas..)i see you connect to the kansas server that is the best server for me and i am in pa..i ping it at 10-13 ms..i ping the nj server at the same but my bullets dnt matter on that server.with fiber they say to turn turbo and super turbo on.but i noticed with super turbo on i get melted..i would turn it off..leave turbo on,and put your sliders to 70-70 .you will get lower speeds but thats what sometimes works for me..today i been having issues so i put my sliders at 10-10 and turned both turbo modes off and switched to premptive..its working for now but its like everyday something different works..its not the duma its ww2..also try playing without the geo filter or strict mode..sometimes that works for me also..other than that play b03 instead lol

Happy New Year.

Killcams are screenshots stiched together, thus very far from being accurate.

Netduma works perfect for me but I still believe that the game will put you in the best dedi possible when your service is disabled. So I use it only when I want to force p2p.

• Netduma Staff

Hi, welcome to the forum! The advice above is good - with Ping Assist set to 0ms and Strict Mode on, it is physically impossible to be connected to a host outside your Geo-Filter radius. If you get a host which appears very close to you but has a very high ping, it could be mis-located. (If you think this is the case, please click on it and provide the ID for that server here).

Games only use

- Reactive Algorithm
- 100% anti-flood
- Disable IPv6 in WAN, LAN & misc
- Disable deep packet in misc
- Enable turbo mode
- Enable super turbo mode
- Ensure the ethernet cables you're using connecting the R1 to hub & R1 to PC are Cat5e+/can handle your speeds.
- Do a wired speed test from a PC

Happy New Year.

Killcams are screenshots stiched together, thus very far from being accurate.

Netduma works perfect for me but I still believe that the game will put you in the best dedi possible when your service is disabled. So I use it only when I want to force p2p.

how do you force p2p?

how do you force p2p?

- Circumscribe the largest possible area near you, where no dedicated server exists.

- Zero your PA value

- Make sure Strict Mode is on

- Make sure PSN friends outside the above area are in your allow list, so they can join your sessions and avoid chat NAT type issues.

The closest server in my case (I live in Athens) is the Milan server, so I try to circumscribe an area where boundaries reach the outskirts of Milan.

post-436-0-59721800-1514880837_thumb.png

Once again let me say that the ability to force p2p IS A HUGE BENEFIT in areas where there are no dedicated servers around.

Netduma crew must point that out even more.

Sorry for my poor English

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the responses. I'll give these suggestions a try.

Out of curiosity, do you think it's best to set my bandwidth to my actual up/down (1k/1k) or set them lower like I have been (100/100)?

So, just tried a few games with the above suggestions. CC set to 70/70, ping assist to 0, 500ish miles on the geo filter & strict ticked. Quite possibly the worst lag I've seen. I was playing search in ranked play and nobody on my team could get a kill. The duma showed over 1500ms ping! What am I doing wrong here? How did I even get into this lobby?

So, just tried a few games with the above suggestions. CC set to 70/70, ping assist to 0, 500ish miles on the geo filter & strict ticked. Quite possibly the worst lag I've seen. I was playing search in ranked play and nobody on my team could get a kill. The duma showed over 1500ms ping! What am I doing wrong here? How did I even get into this lobby?

ranked play is the worst..i got beat on by 8 yr olds the other day bullets wouldnt register and the pinging of 1500 is a glitch it does it to me sometimes esp in ranked..try a normal mode and let me know

also were are you located and what server are yuou on? im in pa and when it connects me to my closest server i have shitty games..kansas server works best for me..its def ww2 and not the duma

• Administrators