better games...farther away?

Hello All,

Is it weird that I moved my location from the east coast to the mid US and even though I am getting 40 ms ping there, I am getting better games on WW2? Or is it just a fluke. 

I did this last night. I live in MN and moved my geo to the server in ATL. I got way better games. Once it got to about 12:30-1:00 it went to shit again though. I did the same again today too. I don't get it. I'm still searching for that consistency though. Hopefully someone stumbles across something with settings or something. The last 3 cods I had no problems with duma. 

This is the first one. Seriously they need to fix this game.

I did this last night. I live in MN and moved my geo to the server in ATL. I got way better games. Once it got to about 12:30-1:00 it went to shit again though. I did the same again today too. I don't get it. I'm still searching for that consistency though. Hopefully someone stumbles across something with settings or something. The last 3 cods I had no problems with duma. 

This is the first one. Seriously they need to fix this game.

it's completely on the SHG developers side, every time they do a update it messes with everyone's settings, wish there was a permanent fix for it, but don't exist, even dumaOS wouldn't be able to fix the mess with CoD WW2, now for like Bo2 and before that, it would stay consistent, I think with the new CoD's they change everything on purpose, so there would be now real fix for the lag.   

I live in NC and it puts me in the jersey server but I have now gotten it to connect me to the Georgia server and it plays so much better that's the only server that I can remotely kill people on

Yea your 100% correct, I’ve been doing the same thing server shopping and long distance is better for whatever dumbass reason. Somehow shg has taken gaming backwards and made local connections trash, I’m also running through my isp device to my duma which I normally run fiber line to their connection to the duma itself and on WiFi right now, sadly all of these things have actually seemed to improve things. Still consistency is the issue as mentioned above. Also on our side of the map the atl server seems to be the most consistent for me, others are saying the Kansas servers doing well not so much for me last night though.

Yea your 100% correct, I’ve been doing the same thing server shopping and long distance is better for whatever dumbass reason. Somehow shg has taken gaming backwards and made local connections trash, I’m also running through my isp device to my duma which I normally run fiber line to their connection to the duma itself and on WiFi right now, sadly all of these things have actually seemed to improve things. Still consistency is the issue as mentioned above. Also on our side of the map the atl server seems to be the most consistent for me, others are saying the Kansas servers doing well not so much for me last night though.

I tried kansas last night after the georgia. But it wasn't good. But nothing is good late at night. Ive also tried dallas too but its just average. I live in MN the closest server I play on is chicago and it usually trash. There is one thing you guys could try in that dsl reports though. I was reading something from one of the users in the shout box. You can smoke ping your connections for a while and see what kind of connections you get with several different servers. I can't do it cause charter uses ipv6 and apparantly it doesn't work with that. But if anyone finds any magical settings please let me know so I can adjust. I will do the same!

Yea as purple said, just be sure strict is on or it’ll head to what it thinks is best and cod puts very little priority to connection in its mm. Seems strict is working a bit better the past couple days, I’m actually nervous cause when I got home tonight saw update needed to restart. This has fd things up over and over so hopefully it’s not horrible tomorrow. I’m using what’s mentioned above at 70/70 now and the cod ultimate profile seems to be doing better now on a 100/20 connection.

I've had two games on WW2 that ran well before I uninstalled, and that was while stubbornly forcing games on my local server only at 7ms because I refuse to server hop just to find hit detection. There was nothing different about these games but bullets just worked and I wasn't dying around corners or to what looks like inhuman reaction times or delayed hitmarkers on stuttering enemies. Otherwise my best feeling game before that was in the beta, on 110ms latency to a player host in Atlanta USA. I live 40 miles outside of London ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also the only server that gave me the closest thing to flawless games in IW was the Polish one, and I get 40ms~ to that. I couldn't test that or the Russian server often because of the lack of games found on those servers, but 30-50ms seems a hell of a lot better than <one frame of latency.

I understand there's a peeker's advantage factor when rushing on higher latency (it's not as if <50ms is even laggy) but the fact that shots connect better is beyond absurd.

I've had two games on WW2 that ran well before I uninstalled, and that was while stubbornly forcing games on my local server only at 7ms because I refuse to server hop just to find hit detection. There was nothing different about these games but bullets just worked and I wasn't dying around corners or to what looks like inhuman reaction times or delayed hitmarkers on stuttering enemies. Otherwise my best feeling game before that was in the beta, on 110ms latency to a player host in Atlanta USA. I live 40 miles outside of London ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also the only server that gave me the closest thing to flawless games in IW was the Polish one, and I get 40ms~ to that. I couldn't test that or the Russian server often because of the lack of games found on those servers, but 30-50ms seems a hell of a lot better than <one frame of latency.

I understand there's a peeker's advantage factor when rushing on higher latency (it's not as if <50ms is even laggy) but the fact that shots connect better is beyond absurd.

Actually I connect really well to the Georgia server. It's 25-30ms. Can't believe it. My Isp (charter) just upgraded my speed without me even knowing last night. I had to call. Last night was excellant play. It was more p2p games though. Which was surprising cause I haven't seen very many p2p games in ww2. The p2p lobbies are way better.

It's whatever works best for you, thats the great thing about the router, gives you control!

Yes sir, never had I moved the geofilter since I've owned it and I was one of the first ppl to get one! The thought had never really crossed my mind. But hey it works! You would think after making a game for a decade or more they would be prepared for the things ahead. Instead of throwing out complete garbage and just fix it as they go. This is one of the worst luanches I can remember.

Give driftors video about lan lag a watch and multiply the results by a few since were online with slower botg movement compared to past titles and this very well may explain the insta deaths, hd, and other wtf moments. I’ve had to change my style a bit, but am doing better since taking these things into account. It’s hard to change up what we’ve practiced and programmed ourself to do to succeed in cod and I still fall into habits, but It’s our only option until sprintout, hd, QuickDraw and other issues are worked on or if they get worked on that is.

Give driftors video about lan lag a watch and multiply the results by a few since were online with slower botg movement compared to past titles and this very well may explain the insta deaths, hd, and other wtf moments. I’ve had to change my style a bit, but am doing better since taking these things into account. It’s hard to change up what we’ve practiced and programmed ourself to do to succeed in cod and I still fall into habits, but It’s our only option until sprintout, hd, QuickDraw and other issues are worked on or if they get worked on that is.

The peeker's corner advantage on LAN is insane. Imagine being an <8ms player against 50-150ms players online and you're looking at being around 10-15 frames behind the action LMFAO. Disgraceful.

The peeker's corner advantage on LAN is insane. Imagine being an <8ms player against 50-150ms players online and you're looking at being around 10-15 frames behind the action LMFAO. Disgraceful.

Yea it is pretty disgraceful and I imagine at this rate on lan and with all else they’ve messed up, it’s likley way worse than it statically should be online due to other issues and their engine from before original multiplayer cod was even a thought still being ran like an old truck with over a million miles. Do we need a new truck, na just change the oil, plugs and talk to her nice she’ll run forever. Another round of SHG SMH

I live 40 miles outside of London ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I know there's a lot of places that are 40 mins outside of London but are you that weird bloke that lives down my road that wears the hot pants all the time?

Yeah I actually just saw his vid about a week ago. He did say hit detection is more on cause the game is much slower than bo3 and iw. But there has been peeping around corners and magic bullets.