PS4: No voice chat in Party Room on Black ops3

Hi all,

Thanks for the quick assistance with the issue I had earlier, you guys are awesome! 

I got two issues:

First issue: -

I got a problem with party chat audio on ps4 on Black ops3, I can't hear my friend or they can't hear me there mic icon flashes then an X icon appears next to it meaning its muted. Yes I have set my NAT type to open, it is open on in game screen.

Next I get this message on screen ''No voice chat possible due to *my friends PSN ID* NAT type.

I read online you have to disable Geo Filter, It did work but wouldn't this affect geo filter distance I have set? Is there a work around this, for now I have to disconnect m ps4 network cable from Netduma to my home internet hub to play with friends kind of a let down down.

Second is on the Geo Filter option screen the red circled dots, what are they? Those it mean thats the nearest host to me, other times  I see a bigger circle I assume its a some game server? Can I connect to it or just its just there to let me know how far or close I am to one.

I know its alot I'm asking, videos reviews on youtube don't give in depth details. I'm new and not that techie, any advise will be appreciated, so far I'm enjoying the Router no lag :)

(Just that too many stuff on one screen I just want to know what is that for or make sure I'm setup correctly.)

Many thanks!

I get this message on screen ''No voice chat possible due to *my friends PSN ID* NAT type.

the red circled dots, what are they? other times I see a bigger circle I assume its a some game server?

I'm not on PS4 but that sounds like the problem is on your friend's end rather than yours. I'd have thought that if was your end it would say 'due to your NAT type'.

The circles on the Geo are the potential hosts in the lobby (everyone), the large one is the host.

Ive had this on PS4 blogs 3 before, It was other peoples nat type. Sometimes after they reboot their machine it resolves the issue. I used to get it mainly when connecting to friends in the USA as I am in the UK. 

• Netduma Staff

I got a problem with party chat audio on ps4 on Black ops3, I can't hear my friend or they can't hear me there mic icon flashes then an X icon appears next to it meaning its muted. Yes I have set my NAT type to open, it is open on in game screen.

Next I get this message on screen ''No voice chat possible due to *my friends PSN ID* NAT type.

Hi, welcome to the forum! The suggestions above are great. I'd also recommend adding your friend to the Allow list. To do this, enter a private game with your friend. The only circle on the map should be your friend. Click on this, and drag the 'Quality' slider below to 100%. Then click 'Update'. Your friend will then appear as a white circle in the green section of the 'Allow and Deny' feature.

Please let us know what NAT type your friend has on his console and in-game, as this could be the cause of the issue.

Hi, welcome to the forum! The suggestions above are great. I'd also recommend adding your friend to the Allow list. To do this, enter a private game with your friend. The only circle on the map should be your friend. Click on this, and drag the 'Quality' slider below to 100%. Then click 'Update'. Your friend will then appear as a white circle in the green section of the 'Allow and Deny' feature.

Please let us know what NAT type your friend has on his console and in-game, as this could be the cause of the issue.

Worked like a charm!

Thanks to you all for your suggestions

• Netduma Staff

Worked like a charm!

Thanks to you all for your suggestions

Great to hear! You're very welcome, please feel free to open up another thread if you have any issues / questions. I'll now mark this thread as solved :)