I think I may have a defective unit. With just my ARRIS modem connected to the NetDuma via the Poe port, both connected to port 1, with nothing else connected I get no wireless internet. I can see and connect to the netduma r1 network and access the 192.168.88.1 page but have no internet access. Any help would be greatly appreciated

When I attempt to connect wired via ARRIS hybrid Modem/Router >>R1>>Linksys Router I cant connect to 192.168.88.1 or r1/ It seems that I'm not getting a wireless signal and no wired connection leading me to believe its the R1. Connecting ARRIS>>Linksys works fine.

Let me know if you require any additional information

Probably just needs to forget whatever it was connected to previously.

Turn them both off and wait 5 mins.

Turn on the modem, wait 5 mins.

Turn on the Netduma.

Wrong. Stop telling people incorrect information!!! Final warning.

I think I may have a defective unit. With just my ARRIS modem connected to the NetDuma via the Poe port, both connected to port 1, with nothing else connected I get no wireless internet. I can see and connect to the netduma r1 network and access the 192.168.88.1 page but have no internet access. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Jared

Just restart your modem, while the Netduma stays on.

Also, which Arris modem is it?

Wrong. Stop telling people incorrect information!!! Final warning.

Just restart your modem, while the Netduma stays on.

Also, which Arris modem is it?

ARRIS - SURFboard AC1750 Modem and Router Combo with McAfee - Black. I'm pretty sure this is the one. I'm at work at the moment or I would know for sure

• Netduma Staff

Tried to reset modem with netduma on still no internet

Hi, welcome to the forum! Try this:

1: Have R1 unplugged from the hub

2: Put hub into modem mode, then reboot it
3: Connect Netduma port 1 to hub port 1
4: Connect to Netduma interface, go to miscellaneous settings then reboot
5: You should have internet

If you still don't have Internet access, can you see a WAN IP in the Device Manager?

Can you take a screenshot so I can see everything please. Haven't heard of anything like this.

Sure, ill do it when I get home from work, it seems to be a common problem thanks to windows updates, I may just need to reinstall windows 10. Is the device manager something that needs to be accessed to make the R1 work for those with a Hybrid modem/router setup?

Sure, ill do it when I get home from work, it seems to be a common problem thanks to windows updates, I may just need to reinstall windows 10. Is the device manager something that needs to be accessed to make the R1 work for those with a Hybrid modem/router setup?

...the device manager on the router, not windows. <_< :blink: :o :lol:

http://192.168.88.1/cgi-bin/devpanel.sh

Do this:

1. Launch a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari.  Enter http://192.168.0.1 into the address box, and press the Enter key.  The Login page will appear.

2. On the Login page, enter admin in the Username field.

3. Enter password in the Password field.

4. Click the Apply button.  The System Basic Setup page will appear.

5. On the System Basic Setup page, click the LAN Setup link on the top menu.  The LAN Settings page will appear.

6. On the LAN Settings page, click the NAT Mode drop-down menu and select Bridged.  

7. Click the Apply button.  The system pop-up window will appear.

8. Click the OK button on the system pop-up window.

9. The SBG7580-AC has now been configured for bridge mode. 

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SBG7580-AC-Bridge-Mode-Setup/?l=en_US&fs=RelatedArticle#Enable

Then connect the Netduma to port 1 on the modem.

You may have to power the modem off and on once bridge mode is set to get internet after connecting the Netduma.

Do this:

1. Launch a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari.  Enter http://192.168.0.1 into the address box, and press the Enter key.  The Login page will appear.

2. On the Login page, enter admin in the Username field.

3. Enter password in the Password field.

4. Click the Apply button.  The System Basic Setup page will appear.

5. On the System Basic Setup page, click the LAN Setup link on the top menu.  The LAN Settings page will appear.

6. On the LAN Settings page, click the NAT Mode drop-down menu and select Bridged.  

7. Click the Apply button.  The system pop-up window will appear.

8. Click the OK button on the system pop-up window.

9. The SBG7580-AC has now been configured for bridge mode. 

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SBG7580-AC-Bridge-Mode-Setup/?l=en_US&fs=RelatedArticle#Enable

Then connect the Netduma to port 1 on the modem.

You may have to power the modem off and on once bridge mode is set to get internet after connecting the Netduma.

Im at work currently so I wont be to do anything until like 10pm-11pm your time lol

I have already tried putting the Arris into bridge mode but that didn't help still no internet, I have also tried disabling the 2.4 ghz wireless signal on my Linksys router but that was also unsuccessful.

However I will give it a try again and see what happens, its entirely possible, even probable that I didn't do something correctly

Hi, welcome to the forum! Try this:

1: Have R1 unplugged from the hub

2: Put hub into modem mode, then reboot it
3: Connect Netduma port 1 to hub port 1
4: Connect to Netduma interface, go to miscellaneous settings then reboot
5: You should have internet

If you still don't have Internet access, can you see a WAN IP in the Device Manager?

yes i can see a WAN IP in the device manager, however the when i connect wirelessly to the netduma homepage the twitter feed doesnt load, i have not yet had success connecting to the homepage via wired connection. Ive been trying to get this router up and running for a week now, its unfortunate.

yes i can see a WAN IP in the device manager, however the when i connect wirelessly to the netduma homepage the twitter feed doesnt load, i have not yet had success connecting to the homepage via wired connection. Ive been trying to get this router up and running for a week now, its unfortunate.

Do what I said and it will work.

• Administrators

Let us know after following MoD's advice how you get on!