Bufferbloat

kinel

I just wanted to find out these two answer to these 2 questions?

1 i am using fttc talktalk fiber large .  on the test page of dslreports.Com should i select  eithere

Gigabit/fiber   or dsl       my modem is a vdsl 

2  after i do a test i click on show results._  it shows these 3 boxes in a grapth

1 says idle the 2nd says download the 3rd say upload

What does the idle  option mean

Use Ping Plotter, testing to a remote site is not what you want to be doing. At any point their servers may be under load skewing the results.

You need to test locally out to the test server then back locally, you could say that the server you ping with PP could be under load, yes but the round trip plot would show it is the servers issue and not your own.

I just wanted to find out these two answer to these 2 questions?

1 i am using fttc talktalk fiber large . on the test page of dslreports.Com should i select eithere

Gigabit/fiber or dsl my modem is a vdsl

2 after i do a test i click on show results._ it shows these 3 boxes in a grapth

1 says idle the 2nd says download the 3rd say upload

What does the idle option mean

I haven't seen any difference using either on BT Infinity FTTC. I just like to use DSL because fibre causes some pop up that gets on my nerves.

Also idle refers to your base latency. It's there to compare to your latency when download and upload are being used so you can see what effect bufferbloat is having :)

Ive been expirementing with buffer bloat tese for a longlong time 

But i found out somthing intresting last night watching simjc74  youtuber live stream

When testing for bufferbloat  you want to get an A+ we all know this .._ but you also want at least A on quality as well

Any thing less than an A means your losing packets   acording to simjc74

So today ive had a big big change in  gameplay 

I was playing on my ps4 i had an A+ for both bufferbloat and quality the hit detection was ok

But what i noticd when i was in a game or pre game lobby or party  my buffer bloat went down to a C or less

So on my ps4 browser i tweaked a few settings so i had an A+for both whilst in game

Omg it was the best gameplays ive ever had it was hard to die i just ran around got an esay 10 kill streak easiest ive ever i got

Btw i was using reactive 

Went from joining half way through doing 19-1, then 33-3, 40 something and 2 then last night it went right back to crap. I was literally walking around barley trying just spraying folks down with the slow fg 42 like it was a god gun then suddenly things went back down the crapper. I’m interested to see driftors take on sbmm hopefully today or tomorrow from what he said to see if that has anything to do with some of the inconsistency.