Netduma preemptive and psvue issues

Soloflyerz

Not a huge deal, but more of an annoyance. Whenever I try to stream on preemptive my vue doesn’t work at all and other services are hit or miss. Still have plenty of bandwidth it’s just like they don’t play well with the algo or something? Anybody else notice this, swap to reactive and it’s fine, but preemptive plays better on most games with my connection so it’s constant swapping and forgetting too so getting beat up on reactive. 100/20 fiber any ideas other settings don’t seem to matter it’s been like this since I subbed to vue?

Have you kept an eye on your network monitor while PSVue is running? That seems weird to me because on 55/10 with preemptive I can have the Amazon Fire TV running with 70% sliders (it drops download to around 25Mb) and it works just fine

I’ll check it today, but usually it’s just me or one other user on at a time. It’s a roku 4 that has the issue and it’s kinda slow with other services, but they still work. For whatever reason vue just hangs every time you try to pick a show it clicks then nothing. I’ve noticed vue does use a bit more than some services, but it’s not like it uses so much to where it wouldn’t have well more than enough. Even with my sliders high on pre it hangs, but on reactive I can use it and a few other devices with even a couple percent off a slider.

Yeah hence my confusion - nothing would use that much bandwidth and you have so much more spare than me. Maybe there's something about the device that just demands so much from the R1... like using the geofilter page on the PS4 browser while running a speed or ping test lol

I wish I had experience with PSVue so I could offer something more than just a guess :(

Yeah hence my confusion - nothing would use that much bandwidth and you have so much more spare than me. Maybe there's something about the device that just demands so much from the R1... like using the geofilter page on the PS4 browser while running a speed or ping test lol

I wish I had experience with PSVue so I could offer something more than just a guess :(

Thanks anyway, it’s not a huge deal as it’s all in the same room. I just hate getting wrecked for two games then getting the sudden, oh yea I’m an idiot moment when I realize it’s still reactive. Not sure why I have such bad luck with reactive as it’s quite a bit faster, but consistently since I got the duma I just break even kd wise on it every time. Guess my speeds right at the cutoff and pushing the sliders down puts me below it so it makes sense.

Have you kept an eye on your network monitor while PSVue is running? That seems weird to me because on 55/10 with preemptive I can have the Amazon Fire TV running with 70% sliders (it drops download to around 25Mb) and it works just fine

I use my Amazon Firestick with 50/50 and have no issues so shouldn't be speed thats causing the issue.

I use my Amazon Firestick with 50/50 and have no issues so shouldn't be speed thats causing the issue.

Yea definitley not speed I’ve got plenty to spare, it must be something with the roku itself or vue specifically that just doesn’t mesh well with the Algo. Oh well I’ll live, just need to start to realize if I’m doing bad it’s possibly that, which was much easier in past titles, but with ww2 that may or may not be it so it’s taking me longer to realize. Thanks