Need help aw

KCINCO

Need some help. I dont know how to get best config to play cod advanced warfare. I have 120d/8u

In game my bandwith is 4500 with my isp router. I Just disable ipv6 and deep package. Used reactive and preenctive. Im still dying with one bullet.

Set my bandwith to 10% and still dying very fast.

My Ping its around 40/45 with netduma without netduma its 15/20. Can someone help me plz?

• Netduma Staff

I already do that. Still the same

Ok. Can you post the information from that link I gave you please - that way we will be able to help you get the pings for the games as low as possible which should reduce the lag you are experiencing.

• Netduma Staff

Yep, thats good apart from two of the links don't work but it doesn't matter, I can see all the information needed.

Your base ping is about 45ms. This means that you won't connect to games under that so the goal of the router is to get you into games as close to that number as possible.

Your congestion control settings looked correct and the GeoFilter seamed to be doing its job right.

I would suggest increasing the ping assist to at least 50ms as your base ping is 45ms so you can't set ping assist below the base ping as it won't do anything. You could also reduce the GeoFilter as small as it will go then press the 'Snap Button' twice to set the range at its most optimum.

But your ping to the host from the graph you posted looks like it is as low as it is going to get. It was about 50ms which is just 5ms more than your base ping - it is very unlikely you will be able to get anything lower than that without reducing your base ping.

I suggest taking a look at this article which suggests other causes of lag which may not be network based :)

• Netduma Staff

Cant i reduce my ping?

There are two options to reduce your base ping:

1) Upgrade your internet connection to a fibre line which usually has much lower latency.

2) Ask to be put on a fast path. This has downsides as well though as you won't be able to use your full speeds as they will take you off interleaving and it can also cause packet loss which is worse for gaming sometimes as your bullets won't register.

I see your internet speeds are very fast at the moment. Are you on a fibre line.

It could be that the ping diagnostics results were incorrect - maybe there wasn't a Google server near you. Could you run a test on http://speedtest.net and post the results back here - this will confirm the results from the internet diagnostics are correct.

• Netduma Staff

70%

WWW.speedtest.net/my-result/4412137697

Ok. So it seams like your ping is much lower than the internet diagnostics was saying which is good for you!

First can you reduce your ping to about 30ms. The can you also make your GeoFilter as small as it will go then press the snap button Twice to set it to an optimum range.

Let me know how that goes.

• Netduma Staff

Ok. Thanks... I Will tell you tomorow.

Ok great. You should be able to get into games with lower ping than what you are getting so hopefully the things I suggest you get you games that are closer to you - then they should have less latency.

Strange how the Netduma is reporting a higher ping maybe the 8.8.8.8 google server that is closest to KCINCO was playing up last night.

• Administrators

Speedtest often have servers right next to the ISP and give false results. Unless some lives next to you & get hosts its extremely unlikley you get lower than 45ms. You pretty much have the optimum ping for your connection. 

Archived