Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Sn0H0ar

Netduma Beeps and Constantly Shuts Down

Recommended Posts

Hi Guys,

 

I'm a huge Netduma fan and have no/few issues over the 2.5 or so years I've owned it. However, two days ago it started beeping and then shutting itself down. I assume the beeping is it connecting to the internet, then losing connection as it shuts off, then restarting, etc.

 

I'm in Canada and have been using the adapter successfully all this time, no issues. still have the adapter, plugged in normally. Nothing obvious has changed and all connections seem to be good.

 

Any ideas? I'm back to using my provider's router and it's buffer bloat is like 500ms, and it's killing me.

 

Cheers,

Trevor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Guys,

 

I'm a huge Netduma fan and have no/few issues over the 2.5 or so years I've owned it. However, two days ago it started beeping and then shutting itself down. I assume the beeping is it connecting to the internet, then losing connection as it shuts off, then restarting, etc.

 

I'm in Canada and have been using the adapter successfully all this time, no issues. still have the adapter, plugged in normally. Nothing obvious has changed and all connections seem to be good.

 

Any ideas? I'm back to using my provider's router and it's buffer bloat is like 500ms, and it's killing me.

 

Cheers,

Trevor

 

Beeping is from the router powering on. This happens when it is reset (from settings or the reset button) or loses power.

 

This is most likely an overheating issue. Make sure its not on a surface that will make it overheat.

 

If that's not the case, it could be a faulty power adapter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It wouldn't be an overheating issue - it's in the basement in a Canadian winter. So perhaps a faulty power adapter. Are there any replacements that work that I can get off Amazon, or anything like that?

 

If you have one that works you can use it... I believe it has to be 12 volt 1 amp output

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It wouldn't be an overheating issue - it's in the basement in a Canadian winter. So perhaps a faulty power adapter. Are there any replacements that work that I can get off Amazon, or anything like that?

 

It could be the power adapter do you have one of similar voltage you can try? If you can find a replacement for the MicroTik Routerboard 951G 2HnD charger thats what you need

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys,

 

Just wanted to say thanks for your suggestions. I found an old 12v adapter lying around with a high enough amperage to cover it and everything is working fine again. Really appreciate the help, and wanted to say that this is resolved.

 

Thanks again!

 

That's awesome, I'm really glad that turned out nicely. I'll close this thread and mark it solved, though please let us know if you have any issues or questions in another thread if you wish :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×