My optimal settings winter siege

Soloflyerz

Well lady’s and gents I think I’ve finally managed to get things beyond playable so figured I’d post what’s working cause it’s working great for the first time since launch. Seems a lot of folks that are succeeding in ww2 are either nervous things will change or being kinda greedy with settings so here ya go.

I’m in cincinnati Ohio and on a 100/20 fiber line with as low of a ping as I can in the single digits now, so this may not work for everyone, but it’s a starting point or place to shoot for.

I’m using preemptive and have my dL at 10 percent which is giving me about 6 to 7 mb or so down and 20 percent upload which is around 4 mb up. Right now using geo at just under 200 miles with strict mode off and the PS4 in hyper on a wired connection, which is finally doing better than WiFi. Turbo mode I left ticked just cause it doesn’t seem to matter as well as cookies, auto feedback, and remote support. Also forwarded the whole list of ports and left upnp unticked.

I’ve tried every possible setup on reactive and preemptive and was playing with good results with my sliders way higher, but it seems that dropping things to more manageable speeds is doing much better. Hope these help others to have as much fun as I finally am in ww2. On reactive I get totally smoked barley breaking even or just over a 1, I accidentally left it earlier after watching some vue and had my worst games in days. Pretty confident in these settings, more so than those I’d posted last week as they’ve been very consistent and my kd keeps going up steadily. If ya need anything not mentioned please ask, I’m just trying to get this out there to avoid some of the headaches I’ve been through for others. Good luck

Cheers for the settings

Btw theres a lot more ports  the game uses  than the ones i posted 

I think when i posted the list was about 100 after 2 -3 days of me playing

But now i would of have triple that

What im doing now is every  game i play it always uses port 3074

So i hyper traffick that . Then in network monitor  i look at what ports the game is using then i hypper traffick those ports

The game normally uses two or three ports and they keep changing 

So you have to keep an eye out on your network monitor   between gamen in the lobbies

Cheers for the settings

Btw theres a lot more ports  the game uses  than the ones i posted 

I think when i posted the list was about 100 after 2 -3 days of me playing

But now i would of have triple that

What im doing now is every  game i play it always uses port 3074

So i hyper traffick that . Then in network monitor  i look at what ports the game is using then i hypper traffick those ports

The game normally uses two or three ports and they keep changing 

So you have to keep an eye out on your network monitor   between gamen in the lobbies

Thanks, yea these have seemed to make things decent for now, tbh I’ve spent so much time configuring and testing I’m exhausted with that end of things, so I may try if things start to fall out again. Oddly I had a strict nat suddenly for no good reason was why I forwarded these originally, but since then these seem to keep it open at least. I’m still playing around a bit to see if I can improve cause today’s been a bit wonky after last nights little patch, but still seems these are best case for now.

THank you Soloflyerz ! I live in France and I tried your setting and it’s works perfect for me ! The game is more enjoyable , thanks again for your tips ^^

No problem it’s kinda sad we have to do all this on top of having extra hardware and accessories to make things fun in cod, but that’s how it seems to be. Glad they’re helping some folks cause it’s been miserable for most of us until this recent winter update. Time to finally have some fun!! Good luck

i factory reset my duma today and factory reset my ps4 and reinstalled the OS.reinstalled ww2..my ps4 and ww2 feel so smooth..dunno if my pro needed cleared up or what..i let the duma auto setup my bandwith and im not getting my gigabit but atleast my speeds arent fluctuating and they are definitely higher..every gun fight has been fair..only thing thats weird is the duma sets my home you california and i live in pa..but before i changed it i was having better games..and i been getting kicked from lobbies wich never happened before and i load into the game slow..aslong as the games playing good ohwell

Wow guys I’m at a loss for words, back to the shatstorm again. These were great for days yet again and then last night another small update and boom, back in the toilet. Hope others are seeing better results, but I’ve tried all kinds today and have been getting terrible games again almost constantly. Even tried ranked and had a couple decent games then back to crap, think it’s about time to move on, obviously these morons at shg and activ have absolutely no clue what their doing aside from raking in boatloads of money with a less than half assed game. Seems pretty hopeless at this point, I spend hours putting together something that works to have it basically erased every couple days. I’ve not had so many issues playing anything since I began gaming and I’m fn old, this is crazy.

Pretty much the same, first game 30-17 which ain’t great then 5-12 and I quit. I’ll try some changes, but this is fd up, I’m interested to see what driftor puts out on the sbmm cause aside from connection issues anyway it feels like I’ll do great for a couple days then awful rinse and repeat. Like you have a day doing well so they bump you into a crazy high tier bracket to get destroyed for a bit then down, it’s just too much like a job at this point, it’s lost it’s fun.

One thing ill say is your not the best everday. Ill have days were i put up 60 70 kills most of the day. Then theres days i break even or go negative. What i can say is hit detection should not change everygame.I play alot of hardcore and i have.rewatched games were hitmarkers show up for 5 or 6 bulls but only 2 of my bullets cause damage..or games were they shoot me before i see them hit thr corner so its like everyone is 1 step ahead..ive played ror years and i know its not placebo .THE BETTER YOUR INTERNET IS THE QUIKER YOU DIE AND THE MORE YOUR BEHIND LOL.its a fact.i played last night on my mother inlaws wifi wich is 2 houses away and evrryone i shot couldnt pick there gun up..

So my question is why no have lobbys for low ping high speed players..and lobbys for moderate connection players..if you have shitty internet they should ban you from multiplayer..seriously

Qaulity internet is so cheap nowadays

What leads me to beleive its the servers is i can play bo3 and if i get less than 40 kills in tdm thats average..i can consistently play at a high level every game..and on evrry cod.but the problem with black ops 3 is thtottling your connection actually does work lol..but your also not punished for a good connection they will just give the lesser the connections(The higher ping) the benefit of the doubt..if ww2 tightens up and fixxes sprint out times it will be a top 5 call of duty

There’s just no way on even playing fields, even with different players for people to go from 40 or 50 and 4 to then drop to 6 and 15. I’m sure some of the really great games it’s cause I’m on the good end and wasting people before they see me as well. I’m fine getting consistently ok games and learning from mistakes that’s the point of practice, but this either great or horrible experience is exhausting to bother with and makes it to where trying to improve is a waste of time. Every other cod you eventually learn the maps and spawns and start to do better CONSISTENTLY, sure there’s always times you have a bad game, but not like this. This is like gambling, you know in your first two gun fights regardless of if you win or lose if your screwed or not and I’m assuming this is why even in ranked there’s constantly people just quitting and excepting the penalty. I really want to love this game I’m just not sure it’s even possible when they don’t seem very concerned with how bad things are. Maybe we’re in the minority, I honestly don’t know this is just a joke at the moment.

We’ve literally wasted a month and a half trying to make a game that’s making millions play how it’s supposed to day one. I’m convinced without a doubt myself alone, not to mention everybody here in the forum has put way more effort into fixing this game than the developers have. That’s after buying the title, a 200 dollar router basically just for cod and all the other crap that if I’m honest with myself I only needed cause cod. Shit we’ve probably put more money into making cod play right than they have as well. F SHG, F Activision, they’ve more than proven to me that their customers mean next to nothing to them which is why cods fallen so far already, kinda like the walking dead did to it’s viewers this season. Lol have a good night guys.

What i can say is hit detection should not change everygame.

My last year and change in a nutshell ^ the sad part is I've only started noticing the bipolarity since:

• I moved ISP from cable that jittered all over the place every two seconds to incredibly stable fibre and

• Started using the Netduma to force myself on to the same local server with under half a frame of latency every game

... and yet this has resulted in the most inconsistent gameplay I've had to date. There is genuinely a perfect negative correlation to how much I enjoy myself in game. One minute I can finally find a rare smooth game where it DOESN'T feel like I'm behind the action/on a one bar/as if I'm dropping packets and hit detection will be solid with instant consecutive hitmarkers, and in the next game in the SAME lobby on the SAME server it'll go back to playing full of lies, with delayed hitmarkers, zero time to react, and getting "outgunned" by people who supposedly have impossibly fast reaction times while they're lagging or displaying horrible accuracy. I uninstalled WW2 for the same reason. I played IW yesterday and only found two smooth feeling games that weren't actually so full of such blatant lies that I could stop hitting the PS4 Share record button every minute. Naturally, that lobby which was working well went to shit despite no server change, no change in connection performance on my end and only a couple of new players coming in and out. The sad part is it's not even that inconsistent because there are so many bad games.

Meanwhile I still see terrible players on terrible connections melting and getting away with all sorts just because they're so far ahead that nobody even looks at them :D I can't take players like that seriously. They're using some kind of exploit, be it deliberately or otherwise... I've had only a mere handful of games like that since Ghosts and it feels like god mode.

Ghosts gave me flawless connections 99% of the time - it felt so good to play on that I played it for two years despite how boring gameplay was overall - so what's changed?

im starting to think call of duty dont like fiber connections

I don't wanna go back to my cable ISP so I've been considering using powerline adapters to see if I can simulate the kind of jitter I used to have on cable. Maybe that'll do the trick LOL