Sign in to follow this  
Madman

Peer Ping and Geo Filter Question

As most of the time you're connecting to a dedicated server you will not always see the players. The players that you will see however will be inside your radius, the others outside your radius you won't see but it doesn't matter because you're connecting to the server closest to you.

As most of the time you're connecting to a dedicated server you will not always see the players. The players that you will see however will be inside your radius, the others outside your radius you won't see but it doesn't matter because you're connecting to the server closest to you.

So unless you are a party host you won't see them popup? In WW2, it picks a lobby host (a peer not a dedi) then transfers to the dedicated server once the game starts. I do realize that it may be irrelevant but it just bothers not being able to ping everyone in a lobby while the peer ping is running.

The reason I ask is because I have been conducting a test based on peer ping, but without seeing every peer ping it may hinder the results, which I may share if the data proves accurate. Thanks.

So unless you are a party host you won't see them popup? In WW2, it picks a lobby host (a peer not a dedi) then transfers to the dedicated server once the game starts. I do realize that it may be irrelevant but it just bothers not being able to ping everyone in a lobby while the peer ping is running.

The reason I ask is because I have been conducting a test based on peer ping, but without seeing every peer ping it may hinder the results, which I may share if the data proves accurate. Thanks.

Ah right - well what Fraser said is the case, you'll only see players within your radius when you're connected to a dedicated server due to the nature of those servers.

Other players ping to a dedicated server are important, stop saying they are not. We want to see who the guy lag compin-stompin the lobby is. Its 100% of the time some guy from outside of your radius. Once we can put names to a ping and see a full ping history of all players from a match - you can start putting pieces together to see what they problem is online and why there is a such a huge advantage and imbalance at the moment.