Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Peer Ping and Geo Filter Question

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Madman

Madman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • Local time: 03:58 PM
This topic has been on my mind for a while now, why is it that when I'm looking at the Geo filter map not all the players connected to the lobby are popping up? I kind of have an idea of why this is happening but I wanted to get the devs input on this, thanks.

rz4jarrg207r4au4g.jpg

YOUTUBE CHANNEL:Twisted Company

TWITTER: Twist3dCo

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,046 posts
  • Local time: 11:58 PM

As most of the time you're connecting to a dedicated server you will not always see the players. The players that you will see however will be inside your radius, the others outside your radius you won't see but it doesn't matter because you're connecting to the server closest to you.

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

World Clock

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - 2am BST

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

Madman

Madman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • Local time: 03:58 PM

As most of the time you're connecting to a dedicated server you will not always see the players. The players that you will see however will be inside your radius, the others outside your radius you won't see but it doesn't matter because you're connecting to the server closest to you.

So unless you are a party host you won't see them popup? In WW2, it picks a lobby host (a peer not a dedi) then transfers to the dedicated server once the game starts. I do realize that it may be irrelevant but it just bothers not being able to ping everyone in a lobby while the peer ping is running.

The reason I ask is because I have been conducting a test based on peer ping, but without seeing every peer ping it may hinder the results, which I may share if the data proves accurate. Thanks.

rz4jarrg207r4au4g.jpg

YOUTUBE CHANNEL:Twisted Company

TWITTER: Twist3dCo

Netduma Jack

Netduma Jack

Graphic Artist

• Administrators
  • 2,460 posts
  • Local time: 11:58 PM

So unless you are a party host you won't see them popup? In WW2, it picks a lobby host (a peer not a dedi) then transfers to the dedicated server once the game starts. I do realize that it may be irrelevant but it just bothers not being able to ping everyone in a lobby while the peer ping is running.

The reason I ask is because I have been conducting a test based on peer ping, but without seeing every peer ping it may hinder the results, which I may share if the data proves accurate. Thanks.

Ah right - well what Fraser said is the case, you'll only see players within your radius when you're connected to a dedicated server due to the nature of those servers.

Technical support:

Fine tuning guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc.
FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.
Wiki - Main link to the Wiki, for everything else please search here or on the forum.
Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new thread on the forum, thank you  :)

Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - Twitch - Instagram - Steam Group - Discord

Evangelisuk

Evangelisuk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Local time: 10:58 PM

Other players ping to a dedicated server are important, stop saying they are not. We want to see who the guy lag compin-stompin the lobby is. Its 100% of the time some guy from outside of your radius. Once we can put names to a ping and see a full ping history of all players from a match - you can start putting pieces together to see what they problem is online and why there is a such a huge advantage and imbalance at the moment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users