PSN downloads very slow.

Sgt-Greco

I've been downloading the last AW update for the last 3 hours (approx). while I'm on 30/2.5 MBps VDSL

q1.jpg

I have my PS4 on full priority

q3.jpg

I've also noticed that the graph is empty while I'm heavily downloading from psn.

q2.jpg

is this normal?  :unsure:

• Netduma Staff

I think is is normal to download that slow, lol. I tried to download CoD Ghosts on a 200Mb connection and it took over an hour. Updates always take ages for me too.

I think it is the slow PS4 servers :)

Xbox has been having some downloading issues. Even with the firmware updates they have been pushing out lately. The problem is Not Netduma - it's Xbox.

Ok. Do you have any adblocker on your browser, disabling it could fix the issue. Also have you tried restarting the router, that could also possibly fix it :)

I do have an adblocker Crossy. If this is the problem I'll take the plane to UK, just to give you a hug.

Rebooted

Removed Adblocker. 

Downloading METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES (free for plus members)

3.7 GB says 8 Hours Left........ WTF  :angry:

Graph still dead.

• Administrators

Hi greco if you run a speedtest do you get the speeds you expect. If so it's almost certainly the console servers that are the bottleneck

Hi greco if you run a speedtest do you get the speeds you expect. If so it's almost certainly the console servers that are the bottleneck

Speedtest results are perfect.
Internet diagnosis (netduma tool) showing OK
Speedtest on PS4 are terrible (30-40% down) but I think this is a known issue.

(BTW beautiful avatar)

Crossy was kind enough to help me yesterday. We did some testing.
We both downloaded a big file (METAL GEAR SOLID) from the PSN store.  His estimated download time was 100 mins (250 MBps dl) and mine was 480 mins (30 MBps dl).  So I think it's normal..

Greco, did you get the graph showing up eventually? :)

No Crossy. The graph is not showing. I remember it some time in the past, working fine though.

Rebooted

Removed Adblocker.

Downloading METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES (free for plus members)

3.7 GB says 8 Hours Left........ WTF :angry:

Graph still dead.

I almost forgot about this. I'm downloading it now. I'll let you know if it takes (or seems to take) forever.

:blink:

so confused...

About? Bruce Jenner? Me too. I wonder if you're having line issues in the house? I had twc come check mine a while back and sure enough their cable was faulty from the pole to the house. They even added a booster inline to make sure I was getting what I paid for.

Archived