Making the Duma Work without waiting 30 min for it to load up?

DumaRocks

Getting kind of old. Is there a way to get this UI to load up in a reasonable amount of time without disabling my geo-filter or removing all my port forwards? It is becoming painfully slow just to load, switch from tab to tab. The UI is like is stuck in an infinite loop, very annoying.

Thinking of just discarding it since I don't want to wait 30 minutes to start a game.

Getting kind of old. Is there a way to get this UI to load up in a reasonable amount of time without disabling my geo-filter or removing all my port forwards? It is becoming painfully slow just to load, switch from tab to tab. The UI is like is stuck in an infinite loop, very annoying.

Thinking of just discarding it since I don't want to wait 30 minutes to start a game.

You should only enable the geo-filter just before searching for a game. If your using port forwarding then make sure UPnP is disable in Settings > UPnP

I downgraded to firmware 1.03.4 as it doesn't have GUI slowdown issues with the geofilter enabled with port forwarding rather than UPnP. But then the Krack WiFi thing happened and now I feel like I'm stuck with 1.03.6i.

I read once that setting up the geofilter for port 3074 rather than the PSN preset stops the slowdown. They were right, it does... but then the geofilter doesn't work, I don't see dots on the map and I can't find games LOL

I want to use port forwarding because it seems like there are more ports needed than just 3074 and 9308 which UPnP handles, but if I do that there's no point using the R1 because I wouldn't be able to use the geofilter.

If you could just set and forget with a tight filter and 70% sliders for a great experience in game it wouldn't be a problem, but I don't remember the last time I didn't need to spend more time tweaking and experimenting than simply playing. If you enable the geofilter and leave it but need to check stuff or change settings next time, you're screwed.

Sigh. Very disappointing that this has been going on for well over a year but no workaround has been patched in. It's arguably the most common problem for R1 users too.