Ont to netduma fios question

i have my cat 6 going from my ont to my netduma..no issues.just wondering the best setup and should i change anything in wan or lan?i have gigabit connect do not get half my speeds with the netduma but i do not like super turbo mode anyway,i seem to get melted when its on..same with hyper traffic..does anyone else have that issue with super turbo?and if you have fios whats your setup?thanx

• Administrators

That will just turn off QoS so it won't be doing anything. WAN/LAN is fine to leave alone if the internet is working. 

If you want higher speeds you'll have to keep those options on, if not then disable and use QoS to get the best connection possible.

i have my cat 6 going from my ont to my netduma..no issues.just wondering the best setup and should i change anything in wan or lan?i have gigabit connect do not get half my speeds with the netduma but i do not like super turbo mode anyway,i seem to get melted when its on..same with hyper traffic..does anyone else have that issue with super turbo?and if you have fios whats your setup?thanx

I too have fiber and it’s playing pretty well with the settings I mentioned in the ww2 strict mode thread. I’ve switched back to wired and am on preemptive even though my speeds at the border with 100/20 it plays way better for me at least this way. I’m at 60 and 68 percent or so now to get A+ across dslreports and have geo enabled minus strict mode and hypertraffic on. My speeds about half what it normally is, but I’m getting more good games than bad by a pretty good margin.

I too have fiber and it’s playing pretty well with the settings I mentioned in the ww2 strict mode thread. I’ve switched back to wired and am on preemptive even though my speeds at the border with 100/20 it plays way better for me at least this way. I’m at 60 and 68 percent or so now to get A+ across dslreports and have geo enabled minus strict mode and hypertraffic on. My speeds about half what it normally is, but I’m getting more good games than bad by a pretty good margin.

ive tried preemptive doesnt seems to work for me..my bufferbloat is always a+ no matter what i use ..but super turbo it always seems like there 1 step ahead of me..maybe its just ww2?the hit detection is crap and some players seem super human..im a 2+ kd player on every cod.even been in the top 100 in black ops 3..but ww2 i cant crack a 1.4..i ran namebench says my isp dns is the fastest but always seem to get better results with googles but it depends the time of day..i will try your settings

That will just turn off QoS so it won't be doing anything. WAN/LAN is fine to leave alone if the internet is working. 

If you want higher speeds you'll have to keep those options on, if not then disable and use QoS to get the best connection possible.

thank you..if i put lower bandwith in instead of my actualy speeds can that negatively affect anything?it seems like before i upgraded from 150 up and down to gigabit i had better games

ive tried preemptive doesnt seems to work for me..my bufferbloat is always a+ no matter what i use ..but super turbo it always seems like there 1 step ahead of me..maybe its just ww2?the hit detection is crap and some players seem super human..im a 2+ kd player on every cod.even been in the top 100 in black ops 3..but ww2 i cant crack a 1.4..i ran namebench says my isp dns is the fastest but always seem to get better results with googles but it depends the time of day..i will try your settings

Most people say it makes no difference in gameplay, but I’ve been flipping back and forth from google dns as well, it seems at times like it helps at certain times of day though I can’t say for sure. Anyway hope ya have decent luck with the settings, I’ve still been seeing mostly good games though I have gone back to WiFi cause it truly seems to play better as strange as it is. I swapped back after having about 5 games just over a 1 kd and have been seeing 2 or 3+ Again ever since. Really odd what things seem to make ww2 play better, but I’ve done a ton of testing and am pretty confident it’s not just placebo on most of the settings. I’m not experienced enough with networking to know why some of these things do or don’t help, but I’ve been gaming for 30 years so I know when things are feeling more crisp and correct, so far this is the best I’ve felt about my setup.

thank you..if i put lower bandwith in instead of my actualy speeds can that negatively affect anything?it seems like before i upgraded from 150 up and down to gigabit i had better games

Not sure about that tho I can’t see it hurting, I doubt it would help much, but when I first upgraded I kinda felt the same way till I did crazy amounts of testing to figure out what works best again. Can’t hurt at this point if your getting as desperate as I was before this update.

Damn sorry it didn’t help man, that’s how I was from thanksgiving until the other day too. I have no idea what it is that makes things good or bad at this point with this dam game. I almost gave up until this last patch made it fun again, cause it wasn’t at all for that week or two that’s for sure.

• Administrators

It won't hurt anything but you will receive lower speeds because it'll take what you enter as the maximum when lowering sliders.

switched it up im running ont to gateway router..cat 6 from router to netdumas main Ethernet port..ps4 to netduma.70 70 cc.no hyper traffic geofilter disabled..turbo mode only..i have gotten games with 4 to 6 ms pings compared to my 10-14-30 lol..been playing good..thanx for the help..definitely  the best support for any product i have dealt with.

1 more question..i use google chrome,alot of times when i reply to a post it comes up blank?

• Netduma Staff

switched it up im running ont to gateway router..cat 6 from router to netdumas main Ethernet port..ps4 to netduma.70 70 cc.no hyper traffic geofilter disabled..turbo mode only..i have gotten games with 4 to 6 ms pings compared to my 10-14-30 lol..been playing good..thanx for the help..definitely  the best support for any product i have dealt with.

1 more question..i use google chrome,alot of times when i reply to a post it comes up blank?

I've got no idea why that would happen when you reply to a post to be honest - I use Opera, seems to work fine. Does the same thing happen in firefox?

Anyway, I'm glad you're having some great gameplay! Please let us know if you have any issues or questions :)

• Netduma Staff

Hmm, this is a weird one. I'll ask Fraser, he knows more about the backend of the forum than I do. If you can get this to work on another browser then just use that for now.