Download speed wired and wireless slow

Hello all, 

I have read many of the previous posts on things that can effect speed and I believe I have tried them all.

I have had my service provider (Cox Cable) come to my house 3 times in the last couple months and everytime they have told me that it was a bad modem or router on my end and they have a good signal coming inside my residence. 

I have changed the modem to their recommendation, SB6190, which is 6 months old.

I have the congestion at 100%

host filtering is off

shared excess clicked on up and down

allow feedback

allow upnp

enable cookies

turbo and super 

are all ticked

I have 5E cat 5 going from the modem to the Netduma which is 48' long

I have cat 6 going from the netduma to the playstation, xbox and roku box.

My upload speed is very consistant at 28 to 30

my download is all over the place ranging from 3 to 87

I am paying for 300 down and 30 up

The ISP told me that I have 320 down before the modem and 37 up before the modem.

Do to the poor connection to my Xbox and Playstation it makes them almost unplayable.

I have version 6G on my netduma now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

Disable ipv6 in wan lan and misc.disable enable deeppacket processing.enable cookies if you use google dns dont it lowers my speeds but gives me better hit detection.when you go to update bandwith try setting it to somethin higher than your actual speeds andwhen it asks to auto change your settings click no..make sure you reset distribution and update distribution.. then reboot the routeer and restart console.i have 1gig up and down and noticed on ps4 the test changes anywhere from 100 mb to 500..even in the browser .the closest ill get is fast.com.its def sonys servers.do a wired test to a pc and you should see your speeds..tbh i lower my speeds whem playing cod i noticed with super turbo i die 20 times faster..my ping is usually 10 to 14 ms..i have seen as low as 4ms..but whats odd is if im on a server further away with high ping i do better..if its ww2 your playing there servers still need some work.

Thank you for responding so quicky,

I have changed everything and am still getting slower download speeds. 

I hardwired my laptop into the Duma and am getting 30 to 87 down. 

I am using

DSLreports

speedtest.net

fast.com

my ping is on the low side 32 but the average is about 38 

How do you have the duma hooked up? Do you have a ont or another modem?check the properties of your pc network card i know mine only gets 100 mb.and if you can screenshot all your settings? Are you using hyper traffic? Im sure one of the admins or more knowledgable members will be able to help you better

also another thing that seems to help me get better speed if your on ps4 go to custom network..input your ps4 ip..subnet mask.netduma ip.under dns put your netduma ip again and leave the secondary dns 0.0.0.0 and the rest automatic

I am not sure if this makes any sense but while playing online I slide the up and down congestion control to 16 down and 20 up.

If I only slide the down to 18 I get the same speed with a high buffer bloat. I don't notice a change until it is under 18

The modem is a Arris SB6190 modem only. The Netduma is the only router that is connected. I have a computer, xbox, playstation and ROKU box connected through wired. 2 phones, 2 laptops and one smart tv is connected wireless.

Here is the modem I have

https://www.amazon.com/ARRIS-SURFboard-SB6190-DOCSIS-Cable/dp/B016PE1X5K/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1512941940&sr=1-1&keywords=sb6190

• Netduma Staff

The modem is a Arris SB6190 modem only. The Netduma is the only router that is connected. I have a computer, xbox, playstation and ROKU box connected through wired. 2 phones, 2 laptops and one smart tv is connected wireless.

Here is the modem I have

https://www.amazon.com/ARRIS-SURFboard-SB6190-DOCSIS-Cable/dp/B016PE1X5K/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1512941940&sr=1-1&keywords=sb6190

Try disabling Wi-Fi on the modem and ensure no devices are connected to it, then do a factory reset from Settings > Miscellaneous on the Netduma. After that, go to Congestion Control and type your speeds in the Set Bandwidth box and allow the Netduma to adjust your settings. Ensure Deep Packet Processing is disabled as well as IPv6 in LAN, WAN and Miscellaneous settings. Then run a speed test wired to a PC. What speeds do you now receive?

• Administrators

Usually if there is a legitimate router causing low speeds not from settings you're hardly get anything at all. It is probably something overlooked settings wise but happy to do a 1 on 1 at some point when I'm free. Please post in 1 on 1 request section and Jack will be able to schedule for me.

• 1 year later...

Can you help me in a similar topic? my internet connection from the provider behind the modem is 60 / 6. Behind the NETDUMA R1 router unfortunately, it is unstable and ranges between 14-30 and 4-5.

Is there any firewall or QoS happening on the modem? It's just a normal modem right, not a router? If it's a router, can you put it in bridge mode or put the R1 into the DMZ of the modem?

The modem belongs to my provider and I do not have access to it. I only know that it's CISCO EPC3208G.

I've just done a few tests and something new appears, the speed jumps in a wide range.

image.png.7403d9df7e172addba7db6e59df1fe88.png

• Administrators
17 hours ago, DSVTone said:

The modem belongs to my provider and I do not have access to it. I only know that it's CISCO EPC3208G.

I've just done a few tests and something new appears, the speed jumps in a wide range.

image.png.7403d9df7e172addba7db6e59df1fe88.png

Are ALL devices connected to the R1 or are some connected to the modem? If devices connected to the modem are pulling a lot of bandwidth it will affect how much the R1 is able to get so recommend you connect all devices to the R1 and then try again. Also are you doing the tests via ethernet?