WW2 strict mode

Soloflyerz

Ok so I haven’t tested extensively yet and I’m not saying this is guaranteed by any means, but seems to me after a handful of really good games strict mode around dedis was seeming to get me into worse lobbies. Maybe not by ping standard as I’ve not checked, but gameplay wise I suddenly have decent hd and things feel smoother using my actual location with 0 pa than it was on any other settings looking for Dedis in strict. I’m also near the recommended 70/70 now or just under it to get A+ ratings not throttling down anymore. Could just be luck so I’ll post back tomorrow, but I’ve had better games tonight since the update basically running how the duma is meant to than I’ve seen in weeks. My pings about 12ms and it’s playing like it for a change not penalizing me for it. Just thought since I’d been leaving strict on thinking it would help maybe others are too and it seems at least right now normal optimal duma settings are working, I still am using pre over react, but I’m just nervous to change things so it may work as well.

Hope this helps somebody, if it stays consistent I’ll post screen shots or the entire setup if anybody needs it tomorrow. Know this post could be premature, but if others were in the boat I’ve been in for a week or better I figured if it were me I’d appreciate any info that might help me out even a bit at this point cause I almost threw in the towel. Nobody come running back just yet (iirl)lol it could just be a fluke albeit a pretty long one so far for this game. Anxious to try out the new smg the other two ar3 pretty meh, but at least we’re getting some content.

Only thing the duma can help you with on WW2 is congestion control.  The Geo filter isn't going to work correctly with this game.  I get much better results with geo filter off.   Low ping for me seems like the kiss of death in this game.

Ok so I haven’t tested extensively yet and I’m not saying this is guaranteed by any means, but seems to me after a handful of really good games strict mode around dedis was seeming to get me into worse lobbies. Maybe not by ping standard as I’ve not checked, but gameplay wise I suddenly have decent hd and things feel smoother using my actual location with 0 pa than it was on any other settings looking for Dedis in strict. I’m also near the recommended 70/70 now or just under it to get A+ ratings not throttling down anymore. Could just be luck so I’ll post back tomorrow, but I’ve had better games tonight since the update basically running how the duma is meant to than I’ve seen in weeks. My pings about 12ms and it’s playing like it for a change not penalizing me for it. Just thought since I’d been leaving strict on thinking it would help maybe others are too and it seems at least right now normal optimal duma settings are working, I still am using pre over react, but I’m just nervous to change things so it may work as well.

Hope this helps somebody, if it stays consistent I’ll post screen shots or the entire setup if anybody needs it tomorrow. Know this post could be premature, but if others were in the boat I’ve been in for a week or better I figured if it were me I’d appreciate any info that might help me out even a bit at this point cause I almost threw in the towel. Nobody come running back just yet (colonic)lol it could just be a fluke albeit a pretty long one so far for this game. Anxious to try out the new smg the other two ar3 pretty meh, but at least we’re getting some content.

What did your radius look like mate? I might give this a try, but I might wait until late December to reinstall WW2. IW was unplayable until that point last year, with maybe 30% good games up until mid-February, because patch 1.09 broke whatever I was using and I ended up getting a good smooth game in maybe 1 or 2% of games lol

I just can't tolerate what I've been seeing.

What did your radius look like mate? I might give this a try, but I might wait until late December to reinstall WW2. IW was unplayable until that point last year, with maybe 30% good games up until mid-February, because patch 1.09 broke whatever I was using and I ended up getting a good smooth game in maybe 1 or 2% of games lol

I just can't tolerate what I've been seeing.

I was talking to you and colonic at one time and thought he’d said he uninstalled, meant you in the above post. Anyway I just bumped my radius up to about 200 miles today cause it was taking a bit to find games and actually it’s still been playing surprisingly well again. I was terrified when I turned on my PS4 to another little ww2 update overnight, told my wife they likley broke it again. To my surprise it’s pretty good, not perfect their heading in the right direction though. I’m back to making these a hole quickscopers flinch and tearing them apart simply jumping, I can shoot a guy turn and hit cover to get multi kills before insta death and overall I’m having fun again. I can understand waiting totally and it may be the safe bet, but I’ve had about 15 consistent games across most of the game modes now where if I’ve not done great it was cause I was playing stupid going in for revenge or not paying enough attention to my flanks. Hope others are seeing similar games cause for the first time in weeks I’m actually having fun and haven’t touched dsl or duma os all day. Haven’t gone much below 2.0 kd since changing things.

I was talking to you and colonic at one time and thought he’d said he uninstalled, meant you in the above post. Anyway I just bumped my radius up to about 200 miles today cause it was taking a bit to find games and actually it’s still been playing surprisingly well again. I was terrified when I turned on my PS4 to another little ww2 update overnight, told my wife they likley broke it again. To my surprise it’s pretty good, not perfect their heading in the right direction though. I’m back to making these a hole quickscopers flinch and tearing them apart simply jumping, I can shoot a guy turn and hit cover to get multi kills before insta death and overall I’m having fun again. I can understand waiting totally and it may be the safe bet, but I’ve had about 15 consistent games across most of the game modes now where if I’ve not done great it was cause I was playing stupid going in for revenge or not paying enough attention to my flanks. Hope others are seeing similar games cause for the first time in weeks I’m actually having fun and haven’t touched dsl or duma os all day. Haven’t gone much below 2.0 kd since changing things.

Yeah I worry when I see a patch after taking six months of experimenting and tweaking just to find two consecutive days of not rage inducing, mind bending inconsistency and clear lag lmao. You must be within a couple hundred miles of the UK server if you're getting 12ms to it right? I didn't bother server hopping because I wanted 7ms to work but I've only had two tolerable games since launch which is why I uninstalled. I'm not going negative to connections and idiots drooling on their controllers drawing Zs across me when in any smooth game I'd go 50-0 against the same people.

Are there any other settings that are helping or making a clear measurable difference? One thing I noticed is that some days I could get online and never find a server, even with the same geofilter settings, or with it turned off completely. Granted playing on a flat 7ms to my local server didn't result in good feeling gameplay anyway, but I'm sick and tired of seeing ignorant plug and play WiFi chimps get host when they're fluctuating from 20-100ms every few seconds.

I've also just ordered a modem because despite using my R1 in my BT Smart Hub's DMZ, I still appear to have double NAT. I see two private IPs when running ping or tracert commands, and the other day I read that double NAT causes packet loss on the upstream router thanks to a small NAT table or something. I want to see if ruling that out helps improve things, because I'm sick of one bar looking games with zero hit detection and time to react. Knowing my luck it won't help though...

I’m in the US and shockingly my ping even oversees is next to nothing according to dslreports, actually the worst one globally is right across the river in Kentucky which seems odd. Tbh at the moment I’m using WiFi cause it seemed to play better in this ish show as well, my speeds are set high again and either way I seem to get the same stats cause the duma is about 6 inches from my PS4. I’m using preemptive at 65/69% with the PS4 in hyper and geo filter at about 250 miles cause today was harder to find games than last night at 200. Share excess enabled, ports forwarded which still gave me moderate so upnp enabled, feedback, access, cookies, and turbo checked on a 100/20 fiber line. Pretty standard settings at the moment, I’ll prolly try to tweak em a bit and try back wired tonight to see if I can do better but, right now I’m afraid to touch anything as I don’t want to screw it up. Lol

Oh I’m also running through my isp zyxel to my duma now as I just wanted to see if it made a difference cause it couldn’t hurt when I tried it, I’ll likley take it out of the equation again soon too if things seem to have stabilized. I just get faster speeds with the zyxel in line than with the duma connected right into my fiber line itself for whatever reason.

Oh I’m also running through my isp zyxel to my duma now as I just wanted to see if it made a difference cause it couldn’t hurt when I tried it, I’ll likley take it out of the equation again soon too if things seem to have stabilized. I just get faster speeds with the zyxel in line than with the duma connected right into my fiber line itself for whatever reason.

Apologies, had you mixed up with someone in England lol

I've noticed the same with WiFi too; pings and even jitter are usually around the same, though I'd imagine there'd be some level of packet loss. I haven't played on WiFi though. Tbh I just want good games on the best possible setup because everything else is illogical and tilts me -_-

Yup stopped trying to make sense of things with cod, I’m just sticking with what seems to play best, which is normally not what should oddly. Still seeming to be playing decent although there have been a handful of flashbacks mid game likley cause the servers are getting packed for the weekend and dlc, still though not nearly as bad as it was the past week or better. .

I was talking to you and colonic at one time and thought he’d said he uninstalled

not perfect their heading in the right direction though. Hope others are seeing similar games cause for the first time in weeks I’m actually having fun

Not me, I haven't uninstalled it. But I have definitely been raging to the point of almost s***ing my pants.

Finally! This update is definitely a move in the right direction. I had some great games this evening but I also had some mega-negative stinkers of course.

There's one really important fix they made with this patch, in my opinion it was a game breaking issue. But I'm not going to say what it was because I want to see what people have to say about it when they notice. It wasn't mentioned at all in the patch notes, it hasn't been mentioned by SHG / Activision anywhere that I've seen, they've never actually acknowledged the problem existed but there's no doubt it did and they've patched it now so they must have known about it.

I'm not even sure if all systems were afflicted, maybe it was just an Xbox One issue (or maybe just X1X). I don't think I saw any youtubers complaining about it either.

Zennon and Benormous know exactly what I'm talking about. Shh you two, don't spoil my fun.

Apologies, had you mixed up with someone in England lol

me?

Alright I didn’t want to start another thread for this tiny little complaint, but the video posted earlier got me thinking, who in the hell thought we’d want pistol grips as drop items. I already mentioned how so many uniforms and even the gun variants are near identical, but that’s lazy enough in itself. Then who was in the genius in the team huddle at shg that said hey you know what let’s waste our and other peoples time and artwork and drop entirely worthless pistol grips that get covered by well your hand on the grip. They may as well be dropping boxer shorts or socks with artwork you can’t see in game at all, it’s like a terrible Christmas gift. Granted I realize it’s filler to sell drops and have crap to put in em, but fn pistol grips. Make some weapon camos or even those bs lil ornaments then at least there’s some tiny little purpose to equip them. I feel like a moron any time I go to the pistols and equip the grip, then some variants even wrap tape over the grip that then gets covered by your hand. Hell I’d rather have a belt or suspenders, or literally anything in the world that’s visible, I just don’t get who thought this was a good selling point. Maybe I’m wrong and some folks care about em, but I find that hard to believe even being that some of the artworks ok, although your the only person in the world who knows how cool you are with it equipped. Am I wrong here?

The connection is solely SHG’s fault, it’s not on your end the servers are trash and no settings you change will fix it unfortunately. I’ve tried every setting under the sun, even bought a new modem so I wouldnt have to use the home hub, took the duma off and plugged in the asus 88u nothing worked. So I simply installed old titles back and the difference was so visible nukes after nukes 10-15 kd games on black ops 3 and infinite warfare. Even revisited battlefield 4 and actually had a good time even though I hadn’t touched bf for like 2 years. So after such a positive experience I decided to try ww2 thinking maybe the connection would carry over and loaded it up .... Nope-big mistake ran like shit.

It feels like people have a way faster killing time compared to me it feels like I die with minimum effort like a knee jerk kill where I have no time to react but roles reversed I could empty half a mag into someone they are still able to get away. I know people say don’t trust the kill cams but honestly I think that’s the only reliable thing in the game. It’s the only thing that brings some sense to my deaths because I certainly can’t belive what’s happening on my screen.

Hopefully they’ll fix it soon keep your fingers crossed

The connection is solely SHG’s fault, it’s not on your end the servers are trash and no settings you change will fix it unfortunately. I’ve tried every setting under the sun, even bought a new modem so I wouldnt have to use the home hub, took the duma off and plugged in the asus 88u nothing worked. So I simply installed old titles back and the difference was so visible nukes after nukes 10-15 kd games on black ops 3 and infinite warfare. Even revisited battlefield 4 and actually had a good time even though I hadn’t touched bf for like 2 years. So after such a positive experience I decided to try ww2 thinking maybe the connection would carry over and loaded it up .... Nope-big mistake ran like shit.

It feels like people have a way faster killing time compared to me it feels like I die with minimum effort like a knee jerk kill where I have no time to react but roles reversed I could empty half a mag into someone they are still able to get away. I know people say don’t trust the kill cams but honestly I think that’s the only reliable thing in the game. It’s the only thing that brings some sense to my deaths because I certainly can’t belive what’s happening on my screen.

Hopefully they’ll fix it soon keep your fingers crossed

That sucks man, since the update mines definitley not perfect and reactive makes things worse, but as long as I’ve got my ratings A+ across the board with preemptive I’m getting more good than bad the last couple days. They’ve still definitley got plenty to fix, but I’m actually enjoying 80 percent of games now even though occasionally I am thrown off streaks from one of these wtf kills. Also having disconnects maybe 1 in 5 or 10 games as well so I’m not sure what’s up with that, unless it’s p2p again as I saw someone say earlier. Honestly I’ve not checked cause it’s playing pretty well so I’m not touching it for now.

I will try to take a look at the game early next week and see what is happening to see if it is a legitimate R1 issue.. Will update you with my findings.

Thanks for the response and looking into it, but I was just mentioning it since others aren’t having a lot of luck, honestly I really doubt it has to do with the duma aside from maybe geo filter in some way if anything. Seems dumas doing all it can to make things play well, my ping is nearly non existent so I’d say it’s just the updates little quirks in ww2.

• Administrators

Thanks for the response and looking into it, but I was just mentioning it since others aren’t having a lot of luck, honestly I really doubt it has to do with the duma aside from maybe geo filter in some way if anything. Seems dumas doing all it can to make things play well, my ping is nearly non existent so I’d say it’s just the updates little quirks in ww2.

Great to hear that! If theres nothing showing as blocked when the boots happen then I find it hard to see that it would be the R1. Would just be a disconnect on their end, but I will take a look. If there's anything I can do then I'll put out a priority cloud update.

Hey Fraser, not sure if you've noticed/heard of this before, but at times when I load up WW2 and connect to online services (where you briefly ping all servers) I see padlocks slightly off to the side of most EU servers. When I click on one it'll show the update button and a totally random latency value like 105ms for the one next to the UK server. Then at times several servers won't show up at all (even after checking dormant hosts), but they'll appear if I search for a game. Conversely I can find all servers when signing in but never find a game on one and it'll give me a player host at times lol. This was in the first few weeks though - I uninstalled WW2 about a week ago because connections in game even on local servers were miserable - so I don't know if that's still the case.

Any ideas what's going on there? I made sure to reflush the cloud, and even rebooted both the PS4 and Duma, but this would show up randomly.

Hey Fraser, not sure if you've noticed/heard of this before, but at times when I load up WW2 and connect to online services (where you briefly ping all servers) I see padlocks slightly off to the side of most EU servers. When I click on one it'll show the update button and a totally random latency value like 105ms for the one next to the UK server. Then at times several servers won't show up at all (even after checking dormant hosts), but they'll appear if I search for a game. Conversely I can find all servers when signing in but never find a game on one and it'll give me a player host at times lol. This was in the first few weeks though - I uninstalled WW2 about a week ago because connections in game even on local servers were miserable - so I don't know if that's still the case.

Any ideas what's going on there? I made sure to reflush the cloud, and even rebooted both the PS4 and Duma, but this would show up randomly.

exact same issue!!! it has to be servers they are just randomly going down

• Netduma Staff

In this case I'd grab their ID's and post them here. Could be mis-located if they're showing a seemingly random latency. It looks like we'll have to do another cloud update since they've clearly changed their server setup in the last patch. It's amazing how these patches only seem to make things worse though.

Keep us updated about how WW2 is playing for you guys :)

In this case I'd grab their ID's and post them here. Could be mis-located if they're showing a seemingly random latency. It looks like we'll have to do another cloud update since they've clearly changed their server setup in the last patch. It's amazing how these patches only seem to make things worse though.

Exactly... hence my being hesitant over the idea of reinstalling even though it's only December and I've barely touched it LOL

Will do if I notice that again :)

Ok so I don’t know about any updates or anything new but last night the game ran amazingly! I didn’t change any setting or touch anything, finally completed that damn 25 kills contract I’ve had since launch lol. Every game +20 and average kd over 5 games (when i bothered to check was +6) best kd being 38-1 other one death being my fault as I thought I was close to a nuke decided to rush. But here is the strange part the friend I usually play with who loves the game and said he had never seen the connection play this badly he couldn’t even bring himself to play after 4 tries.(This seemed to be consistent with other friends experience few complained it had completely changed on them and the 3 who have been suffering with me yesterday said the game felt like something new). Another great indication I have which shows I subconsciously felt the connection being good as I started rushing more my spm went from my usual 250s to averaging around 390 yesterday with the odd 500+s

So I have no idea what is going on all I can suggest is less populated servers as I hear on the news that many people are still without power due to snow in the U.K. which probably isn’t the cause but can’t wait to try again tonight.

Your not kidding man, even this little patch overnight seemed to make it worse yet again. I’m not sure what their trying to accomplish, but this is the third time I’ve had settings that worked amazing for days then suddenly went back down the toilet. Hell I found most different settings I tried over the weekend worked pretty well, now back to garbage. Back to the drawing board I guess, this couldn’t be a better take one step forward then two steps back example. It’s like their trying to make people quit what could be a really good game, I’m confused.

Well damn Solo... I was about to reinstall and give your settings a try when I read your post a few minutes ago. I'm still that desperate for something to work lol :(

Sal, were you just connecting to the UK server? Or are you using a loose filter radius? I'll be keeping a close eye on your reports as your experience and setup will relate more closely to my own being in the UK. Have you started using any unusual settings or combinations of settings? I'm still umming and erring over trying WW2 again because I don't want to break something or have a nosebleed LMAO