Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

R7000 and Netduma

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

jeremyg237

jeremyg237

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts
  • Local time: 01:28 PM

My current config is: ISP>Cable Modem>R7000(Nighthawk)>Netduma>XBOX. I also want to keep it this way, mostly because of the parental controls etc on the Nighthawk. My question is why am I getting IPv6 on Nighthawk and IPv4 on XBOX(Netduma). What settings should I use to get IPv6. Also Netduma is in the DMZ and IPv6 is on in Netduma settings. Any help with this would be appreciated.

iAmMoDBoX

iAmMoDBoX

argument-jedi-mindshitter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,769 posts

My current config is: ISP>Cable Modem>R7000(Nighthawk)>Netduma>XBOX. I also want to keep it this way, mostly because of the parental controls etc on the Nighthawk. My question is why am I getting IPv6 on Nighthawk and IPv4 on XBOX(Netduma). What settings should I use to get IPv6. Also Netduma is in the DMZ and IPv6 is on in Netduma settings. Any help with this would be appreciated.

You could swap the routers around and still get the parental controls to work as long as the nighthawk was in router mode.

Then open up all ports by doing this:

0v_0tRWRT_mkc_sF9Sz1zg.png

This would allow your xbox to get ipv6 addresses from the Netduma (which is completely useless anyway so I don't know why you want to do that) and still have the nighthawk for wifi and parental controls. It will assign it a different IP. So if your Netduma is default at 192.168.88.1 then the Nighthawk will go to 10.0.0.1 as to not interfere with each other.

If you would like a faster reply, please quote me.

Posted Image

Netduma Jack

Netduma Jack

Graphic Artist

• Administrators
  • 1,760 posts
  • Local time: 06:28 PM

Hi, welcome to the forum! The advice above is great, let us know if it works for you.

Technical support:

Fine tuning guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc.
FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.
Wiki - Main link to the Wiki, for everything else please search here or on the forum.
Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new thread on the forum, thank you  :)

Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - Twitch - Instagram - Steam Group - Discord

jeremyg237

jeremyg237

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts
https://www.extremet...-at-home-though

I read this article about IPv6. Also do not want to switch around routers.

Netduma Jack

Netduma Jack

Graphic Artist

• Administrators
  • 1,760 posts

Have you tried configuring IPv6 on your modem at all?

Technical support:

Fine tuning guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc.
FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.
Wiki - Main link to the Wiki, for everything else please search here or on the forum.
Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new thread on the forum, thank you  :)

Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - Twitch - Instagram - Steam Group - Discord

iAmMoDBoX

iAmMoDBoX

argument-jedi-mindshitter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,769 posts

I read it too... I'm still waiting to see the benefits. Pretty sure this has been discussed here before too and nobody saw any difference on IPv6.

If you would like a faster reply, please quote me.

Posted Image

jeremyg237

jeremyg237

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

The question I am asking more than anything is what are the best settings for the setup I have. 

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 16,501 posts

Are there any devices connected to the Nighthawk? If so you won't be able to use the R1 Congestion Control and will lose out on a major feature that will improve your connection.

Technical support:

Optimal Settings Guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc. 
Knowledge Base - All of our guides/suggestions on the Netduma router. Anything you want to know is likely answered here. 
Current firmware version (1.03.6i) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new topic on the forum. Please do not create multiple topics/PMs/Social Media posts. Keep it to one topic on the forum, it will be answered. Thank you.

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official Support Times: 10am - 6pm GMT

World Clock

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users