R7000 and Netduma

My current config is: ISP>Cable Modem>R7000(Nighthawk)>Netduma>XBOX. I also want to keep it this way, mostly because of the parental controls etc on the Nighthawk. My question is why am I getting IPv6 on Nighthawk and IPv4 on XBOX(Netduma). What settings should I use to get IPv6. Also Netduma is in the DMZ and IPv6 is on in Netduma settings. Any help with this would be appreciated.

My current config is: ISP>Cable Modem>R7000(Nighthawk)>Netduma>XBOX. I also want to keep it this way, mostly because of the parental controls etc on the Nighthawk. My question is why am I getting IPv6 on Nighthawk and IPv4 on XBOX(Netduma). What settings should I use to get IPv6. Also Netduma is in the DMZ and IPv6 is on in Netduma settings. Any help with this would be appreciated.

You could swap the routers around and still get the parental controls to work as long as the nighthawk was in router mode.

Then open up all ports by doing this:

0v_0tRWRT_mkc_sF9Sz1zg.png

This would allow your xbox to get ipv6 addresses from the Netduma (which is completely useless anyway so I don't know why you want to do that) and still have the nighthawk for wifi and parental controls. It will assign it a different IP. So if your Netduma is default at 192.168.88.1 then the Nighthawk will go to 10.0.0.1 as to not interfere with each other.

• Netduma Staff

Hi, welcome to the forum! The advice above is great, let us know if it works for you.

I read this article about IPv6. Also do not want to switch around routers. 

I read it too... I'm still waiting to see the benefits. Pretty sure this has been discussed here before too and nobody saw any difference on IPv6.