Enabling IVp6 on the router, Xbox one not picking it up

When I enable IVP6 on the router, it didn't do anything.... internet, & Xbox said I had no IVP6 connectivity... am I missing something?

I have a Motorola wireless gateway modem/router... I want the household to be able to use the IPV4 line for all the usual stuff... and I want my IPV6 line hardwired to the back of my Xbox... is this even possible with the Netduma? 

When I enable IVP6 on the router, it didn't do anything.... internet, & Xbox said I had no IVP6 connectivity... am I missing something?

I don’t have IPv6 but I think you have to have IPv6 enabled in both LAN & WAN but have IPv6 local-link in Miscellaneous disabled. Someone who has IPv6 will be able to let you know exactly how to set it up.

• Netduma Staff

I have a Motorola wireless gateway modem/router... I want the household to be able to use the IPV4 line for all the usual stuff... and I want my IPV6 line hardwired to the back of my Xbox... is this even possible with the Netduma? 

Hi, welcome to the forum! So first off, make absolutely sure that you have an IPv6 address before trying these steps:

1. Put modem into bridge mode, 

2.If you require PPPoE, navigate to the Netduma WAN settings page and add the appropriate information into the user name and password.

3. Enable IPv6 on the WAN. LAN and Miscellaneous pages of the Netduma. 

4. Restart the Netduma by clicking on the reboot router button on the Miscellaneous Settings page. Wait for it to completely reboot before moving to the next steps.

5. Turn off or unplug the power cable from your modem, the Netduma and Xbox. (make sure the Xbox is really off and not on standby if your using the fast boot option).

6. Turn modem back on and wait for it too boot.

7. Plug power cable back into the Netduma and wait for it to fully boot. (at least 1 min). 

8. Turn the Xbox on and check the network settings page to confirm its using automatic setting for IP and DNS settings, it will also tell you that its using IPv6, if not repeat steps 4-8 again but wait longer between each step, rushing any of these can cause issues. I suggest a minimium of 2 minutes between each step and also making sure any other connected devices remain off until you finish all of these steps.

We recommend having all devices connected to the Netduma as you will not be able to utilise the Congestion Control features otherwise. Please let us know how you get on :)

Ok.. so I was able to get the IVP6 connectivity, & when I checked it on my Xbox, it said NAT unavailable, but when I would check detailed network settings, it said "your NAT appears to be open" bring up call of duty... syncing.. syncing.. unable to sync, try again or play offline... & then it was sayin some BS about a teredro IP or some crap.. (I don't remember the exact word, but I'm guessing you probably know what I'm talking about ... anyways.. I still wanna make it happen, but I have up for tonight.... gotta kill nhazis wit my boys in Okinawa :)

• Netduma Staff

Ok.. so I was able to get the IVP6 connectivity, & when I checked it on my Xbox, it said NAT unavailable, but when I would check detailed network settings, it said "your NAT appears to be open" bring up call of duty... syncing.. syncing.. unable to sync, try again or play offline... & then it was sayin some BS about a teredro IP or some crap.. (I don't remember the exact word, but I'm guessing you probably know what I'm talking about ... anyways.. I still wanna make it happen, but I have up for tonight.... gotta kill nhazis wit my boys in Okinawa :)

For that issue I'd recommend disabling Port Forwarding on your Netduma and ISP hub, and enabling UPnP on the Netduma. You should also make sure you only enable the Geo-Filter once you're on the game menu :)

• Netduma Staff

I only had upnp enabled... & I had my gateway bridged... so wouldn't that have shut off all the services anyways?

Ah okay - well let us know how the suggestions go. Just enabling the Geo-Filter when the game has fully loaded could give you an open NAT. Let us know whether you get NAT issues even with the Geo-Filter disabled.

• Netduma Staff

I tried all day today, & I think I made things worse lol... now I can't even get it to show me that I have IPv6 connection at all when the router is plugged in...

I will say that IPv6 isn't especially worth the hassle - I don't believe it will improve your gameplay or any other aspects of your connection. Are you experiencing any issues other than not being able to get an IPv6 address? What's your NAT type after my suggestions?

There are different kinds of IPv6 connections you can receive from your ISP, and usually IPv6 matters are handled on your ISP modem. Have you configured it at all on your modem?

• 2 weeks later...