Can't play games on my Xbox One with Geo-Filter enabled

Whenever I try to access any games with online services such as FIFA 18 or FortNite, I'm getting "Connecting to the servers...." forever, I tried resetting my console etc.. I'm guessing it's rejecting the servers or something along those lines.

I'm based in the UK and here's the Geo-Filter settings I've got:

Peer Ping - Disabled

Auto Ping Host - Enabled

Strict Mode - Enabled (I tried both Enabled & Disabled)

Low Res Map - Disabled

Show Dormant Hosts - Enabled

Show Legend - Enabled

And as for the other 2 settings I've got:

Filter By Distance - 3500.00km

Ping Assist - 35.00ms

Whenever I try to access any games with online services such as FIFA 18 or FortNite, I'm getting "Connecting to the servers...." forever, I tried resetting my console etc.. I'm guessing it's rejecting the servers or something along those lines.

I'm based in the UK and here's the Geo-Filter settings I've got:

Peer Ping - Disabled

Auto Ping Host - Enabled

Strict Mode - Enabled (I tried both Enabled & Disabled)

Low Res Map - Disabled

Show Dormant Hosts - Enabled

Show Legend - Enabled

And as for the other 2 settings I've got:

Filter By Distance - 3500.00km

Ping Assist - 35.00ms

When you are connecting do you see any servers being blocked on the geo-filter page? If so, post it’s ID here so it can be added to the cloud.

If you disable the geo filter do you connect? It’s best to only enable the geo filter just befor you are about to search for a match.

When you are connecting do you see any servers being blocked on the geo-filter page? If so, post it’s ID here so it can be added to the cloud.

If you disable the geo filter do you connect? It’s best to only enable the geo filter just befor you are about to search for a match.

I don't see any servers that are being blocked, and I've gone ahead and tried that to no avail? does it take a while for the geo-filter to unapply? 

I don't see any servers that are being blocked, and I've gone ahead and tried that to no avail? does it take a while for the geo-filter to unapply?

No, it should disable as soon as you untick the enable box. Are you using Google Chrome as your browser? It the geo filter is disabled then the Netduma behaves like an ordinary router and wouldn’t stop you connecting to servers. You could try rebooting from Miscellaneous and see if that fixes it.

• Netduma Staff

Hi, welcome to the forum! Disabling the router does indeed happen straight away. The advice above is correct - if the Geo-Filter is disabled then this problem likely doesn't stem from the Netduma itself. Try disconnecting the Netduma altogether and see if this still occurs.

Your settings seem fine - for those games I'd definitely leave Strict Mode disabled since their dedicated servers are needed.