help ww2

I noticed that whenever people get home from work (evening time), thats when i start 2 barring. When it's just me at home, I don't 2 bar. But i have 1gb download and upload so local congestion shouldn't be an issue?? Im not using congestion control because all my devices are connected to my modem and my ps4 is the only thing connected to my duma.

To make use of the Duma, I would have thought that all devices needed to go through the Duma, as you say as soon as people start accessing the Internet you start 2 barring. Try putting all the other devices through the Duma and see if it makes any difference.

if you have a 1gb up and down there should be no issue......idealy you should have every device running through the netduma.........You will not reach you 1gb speeds as the netduma only reaches 8 - 900mbps but you have way much bandwidth for gaming as gaming uses roughly 0.5mbps.........high bandwidth does not mean better gaming!

6854890921.png

• Netduma Staff

I noticed that whenever people get home from work (evening time), thats when i start 2 barring. When it's just me at home, I don't 2 bar. But i have 1gb download and upload so local congestion shouldn't be an issue?? Im not using congestion control because all my devices are connected to my modem and my ps4 is the only thing connected to my duma.

Please do not make multiple threads - follow the advice given in http://forum.netduma.com/topic/22966-netduma-messing-up-or-just-me/as well as the advice given above.

This may not be a modem issue at all. I don't know who your service provider is, but I have Verizon and had a significant problem with them for 6 months. During the evening my 100/100 was dropping down to an average of 1.5/1.5. Their system was not capable of handling the external (out of my home) network congestion. They finally upgraded their network which brought my speeds back up to their advertised specs consistently. It was entirely the fault of the ISP. 

Make sure you are checking your actual speeds (speedtest.net) while getting those 2 bars. 

And connect ALL devices through the Duma.

I connected all devices through the duma and I am still getting 2 bars. I have 70/70 cc, ps4 in hyper traffic, super turbo off but turbo on, and i reset the device prioritization to default with share excess on. ??

I connected all devices through the duma and I am still getting 2 bars. I have 70/70 cc, ps4 in hyper traffic, super turbo off but turbo on, and i reset the device prioritization to default with share excess on. ??

Is this a more or less constant 2 bar or does it bounce between 2 and 3 during the game?

Constant means you have a high a ping to the host/server, bouncing means that your ping to host is spiking.

Is this a more or less constant 2 bar or does it bounce between 2 and 3 during the game?

Constant means you have a high a ping to the host/server, bouncing means that your ping to host is spiking.

hey colonic, after that game I haven't had a 2 bar yet. I turned off the modem's wifi. I shouldn't change the device prioritization right? 

hey colonic, after that game I haven't had a 2 bar yet. I turned off the modem's wifi. I shouldn't change the device prioritization right? 

Cool, that's good.

I wouldn't, I just leave mine all equal (reset) and 'share excess'.

The only time I ever change my priority is if someone annoys me and I want to slow their internet down. Yep, that's how I roll.  B)