Starting spawn times in WW2 slow for me

I don't know why but just about every game it takes anywhere from 15-30 seconds into the match for me to actually spawn in. Often the textures take forever loading. I don't know if it is directly a duma issue, a hard drive issue (xbox) or something else. I've never had this happen before. 

Here's a video of it in action: https://1drv.ms/v/s!At8MpiyvcUzRi1Ipa6N1ddfJnETX

Anyone else see problems like this with this game in particular? 

Thanks.

I don't know why but just about every game it takes anywhere from 15-30 seconds into the match for me to actually spawn in. Often the textures take forever loading. I don't know if it is directly a duma issue, a hard drive issue (xbox) or something else. I've never had this happen before.

Here's a video of it in action: https://1drv.ms/v/s!At8MpiyvcUzRi1Ipa6N1ddfJnETX

Anyone else see problems like this with this game in particular?

Thanks.

I highly doubt it's a hard drive issue as I've just replaced mine with a brand new SSHD. It's taken me up to two minutes to spawn in before, just being in prelobby with the rest of the lobby, and at times the game has even refused to load. It'll just sit at the map screenshot loading screen for as much as seven minutes before swapping to another random loading screen and a bunch of black screens lol

I've saved about 7GB of BS that I need to wade through to find those clips

I highly doubt it's a hard drive issue as I've just replaced mine with a brand new SSHD. It's taken me up to two minutes to spawn in before, just being in prelobby with the rest of the lobby, and at times the game has even refused to load. It'll just sit at the map screenshot loading screen for as much as seven minutes before swapping to another random loading screen and a bunch of black screens lol

I've saved about 7GB of BS that I need to wade through to find those clips

Unrelated to my original post, but did you upgrade xbox or PS4? If xbox, how's it working? Are there noticeable speed increases with the SSD? What instructions did you follow for cloning, etc?

I am considering doing this but heard SSD upgrades on og xbox are not that much of an improvement... 

Thanks.

Unrelated to my original post, but did you upgrade xbox or PS4? If xbox, how's it working? Are there noticeable speed increases with the SSD? What instructions did you follow for cloning, etc?

I am considering doing this but heard SSD upgrades on og xbox are not that much of an improvement...

Thanks.

It's a PS4. It's actually just an SSHD (it's a hybrid rather than a pure solid state drive) but I doubt it does much more performance wise. I just mean that I'm using a brand new hard drive so I wanted to rule that out as a potential cause because it's happened to me too lol

It's a PS4. It's actually just an SSHD (it's a hybrid rather than a pure solid state drive) but I doubt it does much more performance wise. I just mean that I'm using a brand new hard drive so I wanted to rule that out as a potential cause because it's happened to me too lol

I’ve debated this since before I bought the pro and I see some folks loving it and some saying the improvements very marginal. What do you think is it worthwhile or just shaves a couple seconds at best?

I’ve debated this since before I bought the pro and I see some folks loving it and some saying the improvements very marginal. What do you think is it worthwhile or just shaves a couple seconds at best?

I watched a few performance comparisons once. I think I saw one comparing a PS4 Pro and PC with the same HDD and SSD used in both, but I can't find it. In another with a regular PS4 and a PS4 Pro using an HDD and SSD in both, there was some improvement in game loading times using the SSD on the PS4, it was nowhere near the increase in speed seen on the PC when comparing the HDD to the SSD. The PS4 Pro offered a small speed increase over the PS4 when comparing both drive types. They said something about the PS4 using a capped bandwidth for game loading speeds so other processes run at a decent speed.

Comsidering the cost of an SSD the general consensus is it really isn't worth it for consoles. An SSHD does offer a boost in performance without the mammoth cost considering what you're getting, because you also have to factor in the amount of space available and I don't think SSDs come in anything bigger than 500GB. Even a 250GB SSD takes you into triple digit costs. Here's an example (the hybrid is on the top right):

post-9329-0-85914900-1512594116_thumb.png

Thanks, yea I bought a Samsung 500gb for my laptop and it’s nice, but to get that or better the 1tb to match the one in pro has been more than I’m willing to blow on a slight improvement. I’ll likley go for it if/when the 1tb or larger ssds are a more easy to swallow price point. Thanks for the info

Thanks, yea I bought a Samsung 500gb for my laptop and it’s nice, but to get that or better the 1tb to match the one in pro has been more than I’m willing to blow on a slight improvement. I’ll likley go for it if/when the 1tb or larger ssds are a more easy to swallow price point. Thanks for the info

My pleasure. Of course, if money is no object, any slight improvement helps. I've just been hesitant over picking up one of those Samsung 850 Evos because four of my past five drives have randomly died when I switch my PS4 on. I never leave it in rest mode for more than an hour, and I always shut it down properly, but I'll go to turn it on and it'll tell me the PS4 can't start and the OS has been wiped. If I initialise and fully reinstall the software it'll start lagging/freezing and I'll have to buy another :/

I'm just using a Seagate Firecuda 1TB SSHD. Apparently it's not helping me load into games any faster - or finding me any games that aren't full of stuttering and bullshit while on a flat 7ms ping to my local server LMAO

My pleasure. Of course, if money is no object, any slight improvement helps. I've just been hesitant over picking up one of those Samsung 850 Evos because four of my past five drives have randomly died when I switch my PS4 on. I never leave it in rest mode for more than an hour, and I always shut it down properly, but I'll go to turn it on and it'll tell me the PS4 can't start and the OS has been wiped. If I initialise and fully reinstall the software it'll start lagging/freezing and I'll have to buy another :/

I'm just using a Seagate Firecuda 1TB SSHD. Apparently it's not helping me load into games any faster - or finding me any games that aren't full of stuttering and bullshit while on a flat 7ms ping to my local server LMAO

That’s both strange and scary, I’m always worried cause our electric provider here duke is terrible and mine has to repair itself after outages all the time. So far so good, but I’m waiting for one of these times a big error. On my launch ps4 I’d get corrupt data files often that I couldn’t even erase most times, but so far the pros been fairly flawless on all fronts luckily running it bone stock and adding externals in a usb 3.0 hub or case I got from Best Buy cheap. I even picked it up used a couple months after launch to add some excitement to the gamble,lol. I couldn’t pass up 250 with games and some accessories so I held my breath and bought it. Got home and settings were wrong so I was pretty upset thinking I got sold a paper weight for about 5 minutes.

That’s both strange and scary, I’m always worried cause our electric provider here duke is terrible and mine has to repair itself after outages all the time. So far so good, but I’m waiting for one of these times a big error. On my launch ps4 I’d get corrupt data files often that I couldn’t even erase most times, but so far the pros been fairly flawless on all fronts luckily running it bone stock and adding externals in a usb 3.0 hub or case I got from Best Buy cheap. I even picked it up used a couple months after launch to add some excitement to the gamble,lol. I couldn’t pass up 250 with games and some accessories so I held my breath and bought it. Got home and settings were wrong so I was pretty upset thinking I got sold a paper weight for about 5 minutes.

Funny thing is my day one PS4 worked flawlessly for almost three years and I only lost it because of a lightning strike. I had everything turned off and removed all plugs from sockets, but I forgot about the coaxial cable coming up the wall through to my bedroom from outside and that went into my modem, which was connected to my Duma, which connected to my PS4, and that was connected to my monitor. They all died, and I was sat in a chair in the dark next to my desk waiting for it to pass so I could go outside for a smoke. I got half thrown out of my chair like someone took a bat to the back of my head lol

Got myself a new monitor, new Netduma and new PS4 Slim and I've had nothing but issues with the latter since. Maybe I should have held on to the stock drive that came with it