Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

My internet isnt working on ps4 when host filtering is enabled

Host filtering

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Blazxd

Blazxd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4 posts
  • Local time: 07:39 PM

When I set the host filtering to enable for the ps4 I dont get internet but when I disable it i get internet any fixes.

pollutionblues

pollutionblues

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,048 posts
  • Local time: 08:39 PM
  • LocationOuter Hebrides
Can you clarify what you mean by you ‘dont get internet’ is this across all of your devices or just your PS4? Are you trying to run a connection test from your PS4 while the geo-filter is enabled?
The family that slays together stays together

Stacking_Tolerances

Stacking_Tolerances

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Local time: 01:39 PM

run a psn network test with the netduma geofilter page open, geofilter ON, and watch for the caution symbol on the map.  somehow sometimes they mistakenly block a missed or misplaced auth server for PSN.  once you find it popping up on the map run it again to verify and then add it to your allow list 100% and it will fix it.  have a had a similar issue for years now. my fix works.  you just have to remember to do it again if you reset. 

pollutionblues

pollutionblues

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,048 posts
  • LocationOuter Hebrides

run a psn network test with the netduma geofilter page open, geofilter ON, and watch for the caution symbol on the map.  somehow sometimes they mistakenly block a missed or misplaced auth server for PSN.  once you find it popping up on the map run it again to verify and then add it to your allow list 100% and it will fix it.  have a had a similar issue for years now. my fix works.  you just have to remember to do it again if you reset.

If the geo filter is blocking as PS server, post it’s ID so the Netduma staff can add it to the cloud so it doesn’t get blocked.

Stacking_Tolerances

Stacking_Tolerances

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

If the geo filter is blocking as PS server, post it’s ID so the Netduma staff can add it to the cloud so it doesn’t get blocked.

Minus when they don't.  My fix works.  I posted several times, it never changed.

pollutionblues

pollutionblues

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,048 posts
  • LocationOuter Hebrides

Minus when they don't.  My fix works.  I posted several times, it never changed.

I couldn’t find any posts of yours with a server ID in it (maybe I’m missing it) if you could post the ID of the blocked server again I’m sure it will get added to the cloud the next time there is a cloud update.

Stacking_Tolerances

Stacking_Tolerances

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

I couldn’t find any posts of yours with a server ID in it (maybe I’m missing it) if you could post the ID of the blocked server again I’m sure it will get added to the cloud the next time there is a cloud update.

Probably an old account. 

ColonicBoom

ColonicBoom

mum said i'm special

• Moderators
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Probably an old account. 

Maybe you could find out what the ID is and then post it again?

I like cats and cheese and CoD. Don't mix them up, it'll ruin your lunch and your Xbox. And your cat.

Stacking_Tolerances

Stacking_Tolerances

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Maybe you could find out what the ID is and then post it again?

I did. It's in my post. Thanks

ColonicBoom

ColonicBoom

mum said i'm special

• Moderators
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

I did. It's in my post. Thanks

thank you for your help.

Use this thread (if you haven't done so already) to report a misplaced dedi or one that has been marked as 'player' when it should be a server.

http://forum.netduma...rect-locations/

I like cats and cheese and CoD. Don't mix them up, it'll ruin your lunch and your Xbox. And your cat.

Stacking_Tolerances

Stacking_Tolerances

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

thank you for your help.

Use this thread (if you haven't done so already) to report a misplaced dedi or one that has been marked as 'player' when it should be a server.

http://forum.netduma...rect-locations/

Is this going to be fixed anytime soon?

Netduma Jack

Netduma Jack

Graphic Artist

• Administrators
  • 2,556 posts

If we receive ID's we can add, they go into a list put together for the next cloud update (Mis-located servers on one list, servers needing whitelisting on another). They both get fully added to the cloud whenever we run a cloud update.

We're hopeful that we can release a cloud update next week or the week after, so ensure that you provide any ID's you'd like to be added before then :)

Technical support:

Fine tuning guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc.
FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.
Wiki - Main link to the Wiki, for everything else please search here or on the forum.
Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new thread on the forum, thank you  :)

Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - Twitch - Instagram - Steam Group - Discord

ColonicBoom

ColonicBoom

mum said i'm special

• Moderators
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

I don't have anything to do with cloud updates I'm afraid. I'm sure they'll be on it soon though.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Host filtering

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users