Call of duty WW2 lag or broken camera angles??!

Hey all, as the title suggests I’m still having serious issues with this game. I am by no means a noob or cod incompetent and not that it matters as game to game it differs but I’ve always been a 3+ kd player. IW was my best game with around a 4.6 kd and a spm if around 450+. However when it comes to ww2 something just isn’t working. In previous games I could load into a game and drop 50+ kills no sweat yet in ww2 15 kills seems like the limit, I seemed to get out gunned by so many people who aren’t doing well themselves a lvl 23 non prestige guy going 4-11 seems to be able to drop me like a pro player with god like reaction I’m dead before I can even ads. But recently I have noticed something even more worrying and that is what I said in the title broken camera angles or awful lag.

So to describe what happens Im running towards a narrow pathway don’t see anyone, I turn the corner and suddenly I’m dead by someone who was to the side of me. I watch the kill cam and it shows the guy crossing my path. Now the issue is this: how the hell did I not see him crossing right in front of me until the kill cam?? I’ll explain where it happened too. So it was on saint Marie du mont by the left side where the barns are in was running out of the barn towards the tower, I crossed the narrow pathway and got killed. As I was running out I didn’t see anything but on the kill cam the guy stands to the left side of my soldier and for a brief moment he stands almost in front of me and he can clearly see me but I couldn’t see him. It makes no sense, this happens a lot through door ways too.

Some of the other common issues I have are;

1)I shoot people and it feels like bullets just do not connect but it’s very random first few miss then 3 or 4 connects then I’m dead by 3 bullets.

2) I’m shooting someone, they drop shot (while still being shot) and kill me, look at my mag and I’ve used like 15+ bullets before being shot but again I’m dead by 3-5 shots.

3) people move so quick compared to my soldier, even while they ads they are able to or at least it feels like they are able to move side to side a lot faster than me and they aren’t wearing the division skill or are using infantry.

4) Aim assist is non existent!! What’s really odd is when I play private against bots to test aim assist I feel it pulling and it’s really strong but log into multi player and it’s like a different game yet enemy seem to be able to cross map me with an smg and I can see their gun being pulled on target on the kill cam.

5) kill cam is jittery i see enemies getting micro skips yet they are able to melt.

I won’t go on further as all of these have been mentioned by myself and others before but you guys get the idea. My issue today has been focused on the camera angle issue I mentioned. I am ready to call it a day and just give up on this game as it just isnt working for me. What makes it worse is when ever I try to explain it, or have rant I get hate by kids who are brain washed by the boots on the ground skin and they defend the game with their lives. I get the usual “get good” or “get better internet” comments which is stupid and unhelpful. The issue is not on my end or my skill as I’ve always done well on cod and I’m not doing too bad on ww2 I have a 3.07 kd but that does not mean I don’t suffer from lag. I have great internet with more than enough speed to meet gaming needs 80 down 20 up. But my connection excells when it comes to quality being 0% packet loss, 0-1 ms jitter and 4ms ping to London servers. I also have try hard gaming equipment like the net Duma lol along with top of the range hdmi, Ethernet cables and a really responsive monitor. So I have done everything on my end to give myself the best chance to eliminate lag but this game just isn’t playing ball.

The best way I can describe the feeling is, it feels like my soldier is slow and sluggish it feels like I’m running underwater or have a really heavy backpack (it’s really hard to describe the feeling).

Anyway I do want to enjoy this game but I doubt it’s going to happen any time soon....

I watch the kill cam and it shows the guy crossing my path. Now the issue is this: how the hell did I not see him crossing right in front of me until the kill cam?? It makes no sense, this happens a lot through door ways too.

1)I shoot people and it feels like bullets just do not connect but it’s very random first few miss then 3 or 4 connects then I’m dead by 3 bullets.

2) I’m shooting someone, they drop shot (while still being shot) and kill me, look at my mag and I’ve used like 15+ bullets before being shot but again I’m dead by 3-5 shots.

3) people move so quick compared to my soldier, even while they ads they are able to or at least it feels like they are able to move side to side a lot faster than me and they aren’t wearing the division skill or are using infantry.

4) Aim assist is non existent!! What’s really odd is when I play private against bots to test aim assist I feel it pulling and it’s really strong but log into multi player and it’s like a different game yet enemy seem to be able to cross map me with an smg and I can see their gun being pulled on target on the kill cam.

5) kill cam is jittery i see enemies getting micro skips yet they are able to melt.

I’m not doing too bad on ww2 I have a 3.07 kd but that does not mean I don’t suffer from lag.

The best way I can describe the feeling is, it feels like my soldier is slow and sluggish it feels like I’m running underwater or have a really heavy backpack (it’s really hard to describe the feeling).

Until SHG sort out some of the funk I don't think there's much enjoyment to be had from playing WW2. I'm certainly not enjoying playing it much, even in a match where you dominate the opposition and drop all your streaks twice, it's pretty boring.

1. CoD is always like this after launch so it should improve. It could be down to a whole lot of things.

The servers seem pretty terrible in general. The matchmaking seems to be all about speed (of putting a lobby together) rather than matching similar connections - why else would we see anyone with a constant 2 bar at peak-time in Western Europe. It could be down to the ping-compensation algorithm. It could even be that they want it to be like this.

2. Kill cams will drive you mad. Most of the time it looks like the enemy has very little control over the sticks and just got lucky. I've got no explanation for it but I expect that whenever you kill them they're saying the same thing.

3. The movement is something I've complained about since the first day. In close-up gunfights the full-speed strafe and random lurching movement, as enemies hop from side-to-side, makes it hard enough to keep your eyes on them, never mind your cross-hairs. It looks like the enemy is lagging or the servers aren't able to keep up with the input. I don't know what it is.

When you see an enemy strafe+lurch across your screen from one side to the other, I've noticed that they travel about 6ft or more in relation to the environment (much too far to sweep your aim) but when you watch the killcam they have only made a tiny one-step adjustment on their screen. It just looks like something isn't being calculated properly.

Today I've recorded a few clips showing that my movement freezes completely sometimes when I get shot, it affects hipfire rotation, sweeping while ADS and even sprinting - everything just stops when the first bullet hits. Driftor did a video about the flinch, it seems broken as to when you flinch. Sometimes you flinch the moment a bullet hits and sometimes several frames after it hits. This is probably all tied together.

The turning speed while ADS just seems wrong in relation to the hipfire rotation.

There's a large and very slow treacle-dead-zone until you reach a certain point on the stick where it hits a pickup and becomes very loose.

It happens regardless of sensitivity, even max sensitivity has the same treacle zone, it's throwing a lot of people off with their aim, you can see it in most killcams (they paint either side of you).

4. I tested the aim-assist with Benormous this evening in a private match. The two aim-assist functions seem extremely powerful and predicable. If you spin round while not-ADS you can see the obvious huge amount of sticky-aim, the slowdown is immense and the rotation is predictable. I don't know what's happening to it when you get into a public match but it often seems to completely disappear.*

5. I wouldn't worry about the killcam being jittery, I think that's literally just the killcam being jittery rather than the enemy. Nearly all of the killcams I've watched have that shuddering.

*Before I played WW2 this evening, I played Infinite Warfare and I dusted off the old Xbox and played MW3 and even MW2.

I haven't played either MW2 or MW3 for several years, to the point that I couldn't even remember how to set up my old mixamp with the Xbox 360, and I struggled for a few games in MW3. Then we tried MW2 and I got an AC130 in the 2nd game.

Even with a different pad, with short stiff thumbsticks and no Kontrol Freeks, it was very easy to jump between these three games and the aiming/controls felt natural and fluid. With WW2 I feel like I'm recovering from a stroke.

TLDR

It's the game, play something else until they fix some of the problems if you value your sanity. Or camp like you've never camped before and be bored out of your mind.

Totally agree I too am shocked by random deaths to people who are 2-10, but would have to be pro to pull off the kill from my viewpoint, something is way off. Whether it’s location based or connection quality, cam angles or lag I know I should be winning most of these gun fights. I’m by no means a pro, but I’ve played every shooter online for quite a while and have never had these random instablind deaths. I too have the line, monitor, duma and all that, none of it seems to matter in this title. Seems like some of it’s actually making things worse which is just bs, I get they want an “even” playing field yet this is the farthest thing from it. I’ll have a night going 45 and 3 or 5 for hours then next morning im lucky to go positive until I redo a bunch of bs setting that wouldnt matter in any other game. It’s literally like they’re trying to make skill, dedication and practice worthless in favor of selling to the masses. I know this is far fetched and I’m normally at the top still or at least top 3 so I’m doing well, but consistency seems thrown out the window thus far.

Maybe it’s time to go back to r6, wildlands, or even older cods, but I hate to when there’s real potential for a great game under all this trash and I’ve really enjoyed the newest cod for years. Want to try ranked play, but I’m afraid these things will blow it so I’m still waiting at this point. They’re has to be something people are doing to gain consistency or maybe it’s just they’re location to the server, can’t wait to find out what’s up and get back to having fun playing. At least we can 1v1 the get good kids right in hq now though, that’s always a good laugh and my few games there so far don’t seem too screwy. Good luck and please share if anyone has any ideas as it seems even some of the decent streamers are having serious issues from what I’ve seen so far.

I’ve always been a 3+ kd player.

I have a 3.07 kd but that does not mean I don’t suffer from lag.

If you are admitting that on the cod forums that is why you are getting ribbed you, are saying the game is robbing you yet you have a KD that matches other cods you play which is an oxymoron.

Agreed dedicated servers are a mess, stopped playing the game for now until I hear of a genuine fix for the connection, the game embarrasses good players it really does, getting owned by little noobs who are clueless. As for the score streaks they’re worse than cod ghosts. Just makes the game no fun at all. Don’t understand cod it just seems to go backwards, what happened to the days of mw2 and blops 2!

If you are admitting that on the cod forums that is why you are getting ribbed you, are saying the game is robbing you yet you have a KD that matches other cods you play which is an oxymoron.

If you read the whole thing you’d see what my complaints are about and I’ve shamelessly admitted to camping with the “15kills being my limit” if anything I feel I’m cheating other players and doing the same thing I have complained about which is camping. But yeah go ahead pick out the very line which suits you and twist it as you please. Fact still remains the struggle is real and a spm of 450 to 250 is a considerable drop. But it’s about survival at this point I can’t take any 50:50 gun fights my kills are all down to catching people off guard or just waiting for someone to cross me. I am uncomfortable playing this way but it’s either that or just run and be killed over and over again had I played the previous titles as carefully as I’m playing ww2 kd would have been triple what it was, makes sense? Or nah you’d rather defend this game because BOTG for life right?

I quoted you exactly I added nothing.

Quoted a sentence out of 4 paragraphs worth good job. How about being useful and adding an insight to the issues I’ve highlighted because at the moment you’re as useless as the 12 year old quick scoppers on reddit. I actually thought better of this forum until you showed up.

I don't see where anyone checked engine lag yet. I'm curious if this is one of those years that it is high.

go to around 7:30

In short the baseline delays are better than say BO2 or Ghosts, but still higher than in games like Quake 3 or CSGO. Interestingly Ghosts had around 100ms of lag if memory serves, yet it ran better than any other CoD I've played. Then again, in his netcode analysis video, I distinctly recall OvenBakedMuffin making it clear that Ghosts stood out as a "regular FPS" where lower latency to the host/server resulted in a better experience. I don't think we can say the same for any CoD since then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you read the whole thing you’d see what my complaints are about and I’ve shamelessly admitted to camping with the “15kills being my limit” if anything I feel I’m cheating other players and doing the same thing I have complained about which is camping. But yeah go ahead pick out the very line which suits you and twist it as you please. Fact still remains the struggle is real and a spm of 450 to 250 is a considerable drop. But it’s about survival at this point I can’t take any 50:50 gun fights my kills are all down to catching people off guard or just waiting for someone to cross me. I am uncomfortable playing this way but it’s either that or just run and be killed over and over again had I played the previous titles as carefully as I’m playing ww2 kd would have been triple what it was, makes sense? Or nah you’d rather defend this game because BOTG for life right?

Spm is allmost cut in half,don't forget it's less points per kill too