anti-flood doesnt seem to be working?

Hi guys.  I just noticed when my family is uploading backups from their iPhones to iCloud or Google Photos gaming on the COD WWII or any game goes to hell.  I have the Duma do auto settings with our bandwidth and have the anti flood at 70/70.  It's really bad when any kind of upload in the house is happening.  What can I do to get anti flood working again?  It used to work like a charm.

Thanks

what are your upload speeds?..........if you are 1 of thosey has 1 or 2 mb upload speeds then you are gonna struggle...............................you could also try leaving anti flood at 100% and

you could untick upload and download in prioritisation and give other devices in the house very low upload and download speeds (1 or 2%).

Hi guys.  I just noticed when my family is uploading backups from their iPhones to iCloud or Google Photos gaming on the COD WWII or any game goes to hell.  I have the Duma do auto settings with our bandwidth and have the anti flood at 70/70.  It's really bad when any kind of upload in the house is happening.  What can I do to get anti flood working again?  It used to work like a charm.

Thanks

I had the same exact issue and it was my modem. What modem do you have?

what are your upload speeds?..........if you are 1 of thosey has 1 or 2 mb upload speeds then you are gonna struggle...............................you could also try leaving anti flood at 100% and

you could untick upload and download in prioritisation and give other devices in the house very low upload and download speeds (1 or 2%).

Hi.  My upload is 10megs and my download is 170.  

I had the same exact issue and it was my modem. What modem do you have?

I have an SB6190 with energy efficient ethernet on the "off" position.  I remember reading a post if its on it performs horribly which it did until I turned that off.  All Duma test shows Exceptional BTW.  This only started last night and it worked well before.

Usually when it is not working correctly it's because not ALL devices are connected to the R1, does that sound like the cause?

Everything is connected to the R1 since the R1 is in back of the modem with R1's wifi off and I have a Netgear Nighthawk behind the R1 to server wirless.  The Xboxes experience tons of lag when the iPhones are uploading are on ethernet and of course are setup in the geo filter.  I know its the iphones because if I turn off their wireless the lag stops.  This never lagged games before but now its so bad everything is skipping around.

Thanks

I have an SB6190 with energy efficient ethernet on the "off" position.  I remember reading a post if its on it performs horribly which it did until I turned that off.  All Duma test shows Exceptional BTW.  This only started last night and it worked well before.

Everything is connected to the R1 since the R1 is in back of the modem with R1's wifi off and I have a Netgear Nighthawk behind the R1 to server wirless.  The Xboxes experience tons of lag when the iPhones are uploading are on ethernet and of course are setup in the geo filter.  I know its the iphones because if I turn off their wireless the lag stops.  This never lagged games before but now its so bad everything is skipping around.

Thanks

Had the same exact issue. It doesn't play nicely with Arris modems (they're garbage in my opinion anyway)

You can test this by doing a speed test with the same settings. Your ping will stay stable, then if you do an iPhone backup it goes crazy. It seems to ignore iPhone backups and uploading to youtube in specific browsers. Literally nothing to do with the router, it's all the modem.

What speeds do you have? The SB6190 is overkill for 95% of the people who bought it.

Had the same exact issue. It doesn't play nicely with Arris modems (they're garbage in my opinion anyway)

You can test this by doing a speed test with the same settings. Your ping will stay stable, then if you do an iPhone backup it goes crazy. It seems to ignore iPhone backups and uploading to youtube in specific browsers. Literally nothing to do with the router, it's all the modem.

What speeds do you have? The SB6190 is overkill for 95% of the people who bought it.

I've had this modem for 2 years and iPhone's doing backups during the 2 years with no problems.  It only just started which is weird.  Did you fix yours buying a different modem and if so which one?

I have a 170 down and 10up connection.

I usually have the congestion 70/70 but I found a post in the forum and the guy put his at 15/15 Preemptive and it fixed his gaming issues.  I did the same but left it Reactive and it seemed to help a ton but of course uploads from the iPhones, Google Photos app syncing are super slow now and I have to manually put the sliders back which I didn't have to do before.  Thanks for you reply!

I've had this modem for 2 years and iPhone's doing backups during the 2 years with no problems. It only just started which is weird. Did you fix yours buying a different modem and if so which one?

I have a 170 down and 10up connection.

I usually have the congestion 70/70 but I found a post in the forum and the guy put his at 15/15 Preemptive and it fixed his gaming issues. I did the same but left it Reactive and it seemed to help a ton but of course uploads from the iPhones, Google Photos app syncing are super slow now and I have to manually put the sliders back which I didn't have to do before. Thanks for you reply!

They could've updated the modem and broke it. Seems like something Arris would do. It's garbage anyway.

I recommend the TP-Link TC-7610 as long as it works on your isp. Those sound like Comcast speeds?

They could've updated the modem and broke it. Seems like something Arris would do. It's garbage anyway.

I recommend the TP-Link TC-7610 as long as it works on your isp. Those sound like Comcast speeds?

Thanks for the modem recommendation.  I'll check it out.  Yes it's a comcast connection.  So before I try out another modem you did see a big difference with iPhone backups, etc, when swapping to the TP Link?  

Wow the TP Link is very affordable on Amazon...

Thanks