Ping assist help

josh200505

Hi, I'm in Costa Rica, the closes server from my country is the one in Miami, Florida I'm getting a ping 50 ms when I connect to that server, but the question is why if my ping is 50 to 60 in Miami I need to set up 120 ms on ping assist to get a lobby if a choose less than that is like if I placed 0 because doesn't find anything. Do you guys think it is because my country is not on the cloud? Sorry for my English LoL

• Netduma Staff

Hi Josh,

I think your country probably is on the cloud, but if the closest server to you is in Miami then it wouldn't really matter :) Have you tried using the snap button? That might help you find games faster.

And the reason that you might not always be getting that server in Miami with ping assist is because the games matchmaking might not always try to join you there.

I think having your PA on 70ms should be good if your closest server is 50-60ms. You might also find it easier to find games by unpicking strict mode.

• Netduma Staff

Hi, thanks for your reply, I will try your suggestion I will let you know if that works thanks bro!

No problem. It will be interesting to see what works for you in Costa Rica :)

• Administrators

Ping assist is best-effort, its doing something very difficult so its catch rate is quite low. Thats why I always suggest just adding a bit to give it a chance. 

You're not using pppoe are you? 

Ping assist is best-effort, its doing something very difficult so its catch rate is quite low. Thats why I always suggest just adding a bit to give it a chance.

You're not using pppoe are you?

Hi lain, I'm using a cable modem 5101i with no ppoe configuration.

Lain, I'm lookin forward for"Anti-jitter through dampening" because the jitter is Killing my game plays sometimes I get good hit detection sometimes I don't here in Latin America our intetnet goes first to Miami that's why I'm not able to get games close to my country like Panama" for example, every single country here goes first to USA even México. Before dedicated server, when I connect to people from Panama this country is like 450 kilometers away I was getting ping of 150 ms because my connection goes first to Miami after that to Panama, my ping in Miami is 55 ms.

Oh I see, hopefully anti-jitter will ease that a bit. Have you tried games that are not on dedicated servers? 

yes call of duty black ops 2 and call of duty 4 on the 360 but is so difficult get games, to be honest with you in those games i dont use the geo filter, because of that.

really lots of people play that game? You sure it doesn't help to just have the majority of the US?

Yes I know but in order to get games, I need to set up the geo filter like 3500 KM which  is the same as geo filter off “because  of distance”, the geo filter shows me that I can connect with people in Georgia also Miami when I play call of duty black ops 2, but for some reason it doesn’t get me a lobby there, I get good connections in those states, sometimes I can connect to Miami but if the host change it get me lobby booting. No idea why that happens but when I place my geo filter off, I connect immediately to a lobby, obviously with a ping of 80,90 or more than 100 MS ping, which is horrible for me.

No but I have friends who are from Costa Rica! But it is one of the country's I want to visit!

Well you are so welcome to come here just let me know when! Also if you play on PS4 my user is  josh200505 i will buy an xbox one maybe on december this year on the 360 my gamer tag is joshcr, I can see that you are from Cali, I used to skateboarding back in the day “I’m 35 years old” California is the best place for it, maybe one day I will go there.

Black ops 2 on the 360 has more players than AW tenfold the most popular cod right now.

MW3 has loads as well mw2 the same more than aw on the current gen thats for sure :)

I can still get games on cod 4 as well but not sure if it has a big player base though.

Black ops 2 on the 360 has more players than AW tenfold the most popular cod right now.

MW3 has loads as well mw2 the same more than aw on the current gen thats for sure :)

I can still get games on cod 4 as well but not sure if it has a big player base though.

Yes I know but as I mentioned before something is wrong maybe related to my internet and being outside USA.

if I use my geo filter off I get a game instantly if I turn my geo filter back on doesn't get me a lobby. but the thing is if I don't use the geo filter the game connect me to far away host.

• Netduma Staff

if I use my geo filter off I get a game instantly if I turn my geo filter back on doesn't get me a lobby. but the thing is if I don't use the geo filter the game connect me to far away host.

Have you tried playing with strict mode disabled? :)

Yes, but doesn't connect me in Georgia or florida even though there is a lot a people gaming in there, the game connects me to NY, NJ or WA that's to far away for me 100 or 150 ms best option for me is TX, FL, and GEORGIA.

Archived