WW2 Xbox connection interrupted

Joe

Turned the geofitler off and its gone away......... maybe it is the netduma.

Haven't played WW2 in a few days, but the latest update today says "Fixed issues relating to disconnects." Is anyone still getting disconnected after games end?

I wasn't getting it before the patch, now after the patch I am, and its got worse with yesterday patch, its every two games.

Edit: been playing for two hours with out the geo fitler on, not one disconnect issue, game also seems to run better and hit detection is better.

I've turned off geo filter and haven't been kicked since...at least an hour, was every 3 games

Turned the geofitler off and its gone away......... maybe it is the netduma.

Edit: been playing for two hours with out the geo fitler on, not one disconnect issue

It's happening to me and I don't have the geo filter enabled. It's the game.

See below.

I took the Duma out of my network hooked up my netgear and still having this issue. Something in the update has screwed me with ww2. No other game is giving me any issue.

I expect P2P or terrible servers are the culprit.

As of Friday, I was still getting problems pre and post games.  When I main-lined the modem to the xbox it seemed to go away although my wife didn't like that.  I've only have this router for a week and a half so I thought I was setting it up wrong. Thanks to ColonicBoom for helping my with diagnosing this issue.

If you guys remove the Netduma from your setup entirely, or replace it with another secondary router, does it still occur? Since the Geo-Filter is disabled this issue shouldn't be related to the Netduma, but maybe we can verify that.

If this helps.... I got my Netduma today... never used it before, never had this problem until I started using the new router.

I've tried everything, not using the duma at all, geo filter on or off, reset duma, cleared cache on Xbox ONE etc and nothing works. I may get 1 game in 10 that doesn't kick me after 30 seconds or never loads up.

I can play IW or BO3 all day with no issues, but that last patch just totally messed up WW2, never had an issue before that patch and now I can hardly play the game.

I don't know how and why it would do it but I've experienced the getting kicked after every game,someone posted saying this only happened when they had pre emptive enabled and it didn't occur when they used reactive,could be a load of rubbish but give it a shot and see if it stops you getting kicked

I don't know how and why it would do it but I've experienced the getting kicked after every game,someone posted saying this only happened when they had pre emptive enabled and it didn't occur when they used reactive,could be a load of rubbish but give it a shot and see if it stops you getting kicked

I can confirm this is the case for me.

@dalehoggan

I personally believe they've tried to hide the SBMM / Connection issues in the latest which has effected the netduma in some way. 

If I turn up congestion control/ anti flood to 100% for up and download I can play CODww2.  When I set them back to peak settings the problem continues.  Is there something written in their netcode to screen out the netduma software?

If I turn up congestion control/ anti flood to 100% for up and download I can play CODww2.  When I set them back to peak settings the problem continues.  Is there something written in their netcode to screen out the netduma software?

No, Activision / SHG / WW2 wouldn't be able to tell whether you're using congestion control.

• Netduma Staff

That won't be the case for the reason Boom stated above.

I have spoken to Activision on Twitter and sent them some video footage, they have admitted they are aware of this and are working on a fix now so stay tuned.

Thanks Dale, they blocked me  :lol:

After the new updates I can now play a full match which is great, but if I do well I seemed to get kicked after the match and lose some xp and match bonus etc. So they have fixed something with being kicked after 30 seconds but not the being kicked at the end.

• 4 weeks later...

This is crazy.  This is still not fixed.  The only way I can play is to keep the anti floods at 100%--poor reception.  As soon as I dial them in (to 78% for me) I get a good game but then no credit because I get kicked.   You guys say it's SHG, but something from the anti-flood is interacting with the game, because it lets me play at 100% just fine.  Do you have any ideas what is going on between the two?  Is there anything you can do to the router so it works correctly?   Thanks

I've had this a lot, but it is intermittent.

The only successful way I've stoped it from happening is to disable geo filter then reboot netduma and Xbox. Ive increase the geo filter range to 2000 miles and ping assist to 100 but it still happens. So im now running with no geo filter.

I think the servers are detecting what we are doing with the geo filter and then throws a paddy. I use to run the geo filter on 600 miles 0ping assist but now if I run this after a couple of games I get the same error.

• Administrators

Sim has spoken to me privately about a theory he has about this having something to do with QoS but not just on the R1 but all routers. So I assume he'll pursue that theory and make a video on it if it checks out.

It cannot be the Geo-Filter if when disabled some people get this also. 

QoS I could foresee that turbo mode could create an issue but then again I think people without that enabled continue to get it.

I would wait for Sim as it's more of a general networking issue rather than anything the R1 is doing it seems.

I have played eight games now without any problems. :D   I only have 14down/ 1up, so I always use preemptive.  I switched to reactive, redialed my anti-floods (as best I could, not as good as preemptive) and I got it to work. Note: With preemptive I could establish an A+ quality rating on DSL reports and still fail.  Credit to SimJC74 for his video.

When the new OS comes out for the R1, I hope we still have this option to pick between the two algorithims, or the router can automatically see the issue and correct it.

I played around 6 games today using pre emptive and was disconnected after every single game which never ever happens to me,i went back to reactive and i wasnt once disconnected how is this even a thing SHG activision need to fix this,i get good results gaming with pre emptive them 6 games witj disconnected error msgs were all great games,real shame