DMZ Mode Issues

The netduma router will not stay in DMZ mode on my att uverse modem/router. It was working before...since it was new. I even changed out the att router/modem with a new one and still have the same issues. If I unplug the router and set as DMZ mode it will confirm the settings. Then I check beck a few minutes later and it changed back out of DMZ mode with a static ip?

• Netduma Staff

You shouldn't require DMZ mode unless you're using a secondary router between your modem and your Netduma. Generally if you don't see a message regarding this on your Netduma device manager, you shouldn't require it. If you have an open NAT and your connection is working, you may not require this.

Please let us know more about your connection :)

You shouldn't require DMZ mode unless you're using a secondary router between your modem and your Netduma. Generally if you don't see a message regarding this on your Netduma device manager, you shouldn't require it. If you have an open NAT and your connection is working, you may not require this.

Please let us know more about your connection :)

I do get the message. Att has a Modem/Router combo.

"We have detected you are connected to another router (as opposed to a modem).

In most cases the Netduma R1 circumvents this, however, if a game detects closed NAT you may need to enable modem mode or DMZ. Click here for more information."

You get that message when you connect to the Duma through another router, it’s nothing to worry about. Does your modem/router have a ‘modem’ mode by any chance?

Do you have an open NAT in game as things are just now?

You get that message when you connect to the Duma through another router, it’s nothing to worry about. Does your modem/router have a ‘modem’ mode by any chance?

Do you have an open NAT in game as things are just now?

There is no kind of  "Modem mode". The NAT isn't open. Its usually strick, moderate or a error code. ( I do have a open NAT if I bypass the netduma )  

• Administrators

For DMZ mode to work it has to be a public ip

That's incorrect and doesn't make any sense. You apply the DMZ to devices connected to that router - which the R1 is. The IP the ATT router gave to the R1 is the WAN IP from the R1 Device Manager. Can you take a screenshot of what happens when you click on DMZ plus please.

This is the status page for DMZ

1512055718-U6440.png

1. After a minute or so the netduma drops out of DMZ mode and switches to a private static ip with no DHCP.(first picture)

2. If I try to set the netduma back in DMZ I'll get a error message. ( second picture)

1512056192-U6440.png

1512056235-U6440.png

That's incorrect and doesn't make any sense. You apply the DMZ to devices connected to that router - which the R1 is. The IP the ATT router gave to the R1 is the WAN IP from the R1 Device Manager. Can you take a screenshot of what happens when you click on DMZ plus please.

• Netduma Staff

OK Great! Will I need to be at my computer or is it something you will do remotely?

You'll need to be at your computer - we'll remote access but it's best if you're there to talk Fraser through it. :)