Bandwidth

Jamond

You are trying to on the first picture give your xbox loads of upload then on the second throttle it.

For me it is a online myth that throttling works ive tested it every which way i have also had a 4mb /448k line then upgrade to a 6mb /1bm line then now to a 64/ 17mb line.

They all play the same because my ping has always been 15ms and that is what count's not the width of the band that the 15ms ping travels in.

It will always get there is 15ms no matter what width the band is.

I use 70% 70% congestion control so my son does not lag me on youtube and shared aceess to excess works like a charm if it did not do this then my son on youtube packets would stop my 15ms ping traveling at that speed and it would turn into 80ms thats what people should worry about not throttling :)

Those two pictures are counter productive. You are throttling your bandwidth with the congestion control and then stacking the upload only with the device prioritisation (note device prioritisation only affects the upload).

If you want to maximise bandwidth to the Xbox, put congestion control to 100%, reset distribution and tick share excess (in the device prioritisation.

The above just gives max bandwidth but doesn't give you any congestion control.

Or maybe as Zennon interpreted you are looking to throttle connection rather than boost bandwidth!

Either way, the two posts will cover off either option!

and use congestion control at 70% 70% if other users are on your network.

Tick share excess and at the bottom of the page press reset and press update distribution.

and use congestion control at 70% 70% if other users are on your network.

Tick share excess and at the bottom of the page press reset and press update distribution.

Zen i have never relly had any other people on my network so i always had CC at 100% but now my son has got a PS4 do you recommend setting CC at 70% 70% now ? 

The bandwidth used by consoles is so small it should not make a difference but you could do some tests without and with 70% over a few nights and see what results you get. but he might be doing a game update without your knowledge and boom lag so might be best to have the safety net :)

Before the Netduma my son would play wow, runscape and LOL sometimes they would update maps live and that used to impact me so I always use 70 70 when we are both in the house no matter what.

• Administrators

I suggest 70/70 because it comes from queuing theory. Its a good number to make sure that a burst of data doesn't cause a long term queue

Archived