Hi i am trying to open a port for a minecraft server. whenever i add the rule on the netduma and use a port checker online the port is not opened. I have my netduma in the dmz with my main modem. how can i get the port i want to open, actually open? any help appreciated. 

• Netduma Staff

Hi i am trying to open a port for a minecraft server. whenever i add the rule on the netduma and use a port checker online the port is not opened. I have my netduma in the dmz with my main modem. how can i get the port i want to open, actually open? any help appreciated. 

If you reboot the modem and the Netduma (with Cookies enabled) do the ports show as open then? Usually a reboot is required.

I would recommend using UPnP should the port not open after a reboot - UPnP should open the port you require automatically.

• Netduma Staff

hi, tried all of that port is still closed no matter what i do, its like port forwarding on the netduma does literally nothing when you add the rule

Please try this:

Disable upnp forwarding in misc settings
Ensure upnp is disabled if using port forwarding
Ensure upnp/port forwarding is disabled on ISP router
Try again

• Netduma Staff

@Netduma Jack still doesnt work, this is crazy how hard can it be to open a port!!

I've responded to your other thread. Please do not make multiple threads about the same issue as it makes it harder to provide support.