Loading Profiles

Hi

Trying to use custom profiles on the Duma. When creating a profile I am saving the Device Prioritisation settings but when I come to load the profile the "load device Prioritisation " tick box is unticked and won't let me select it again.

Am I doing something wrong?

• Netduma Staff

Hi

Trying to use custom profiles on the Duma. When creating a profile I am saving the Device Prioritisation settings but when I come to load the profile the "load device Prioritisation " tick box is unticked and won't let me select it again.

Am I doing something wrong?

So your custom profile shows up in the list, but when you select the profile you can't tick 'save Device Prio settings'? Are you using Chrome on the default Netduma theme? For cases like this I'd recommend a simple reboot from Settings > Miscellaneous.

Hi

Thanks for your reply. Yes using default theme on chrome.

I access the router mainly from a tablet which makes adjusting the individual device Prioritisation percentages very difficult. I thought with some custom profiles I can quickly change the values.

I can save the profile but when I load one it does not make device priority changes or even change "share excess"

When looking at the profile load screen the load personalised device Prioritisation shows as unticked and I cannot manually tick it.

Hope that makes sense

Did some further testing again last night including reboots (via button in misc settings).

When I load a custom profile it makes the changes I loaded EXCEPT

- it doesn't make a change to the "share excess" tick box

- it doesn't change any of the device values on the Device Prioritisation spider chart

When I save a profile I ask it to save the custom values but when I go to load that profile the "load device Prioritisation' tick box is empty and it won't let me tick it hence the incorrect load.

• Netduma Staff

This sounds like it could be a device optimisation issue. Could you try creating a profile on another device (preferably a computer)? It's possible that this button is unresponsive on the tablet version of the interface so it's worth checking.

Which firmware version are you on? 1.03.6g/h/i are the latest versions. Have you also tried rebooting the Netduma through settings > Miscellaneous?

Hi

All testing was on a computer including creating and loading and rebooting router through misc settings. Also limited DP to four devices to keep things simple

I have a nearly new router factory installed with the 1.03.6h and then upgraded to i post the WPA issue.

May not be relevant but I also posted about the network graph issue

• Netduma Staff

Could you possibly provide a few screenshots of this issue, or maybe a video? This issue is new to us, so it's important that we understand what is happening very precisely.

If you select other profiles, do the Device Prioritisation features change? Could you also try to make this new profile on multiple devices?

I personally do not believe the Network Graph issue is related - it looks like that's a graphical bug that's been around for a while. Just ignore the graph whenever it spikes like that - the consistent results will be an accurate reading.

Could you possibly provide a few screenshots of this issue, or maybe a video? This issue is new to us, so it's important that we understand what is happening very precisely.

If you select other profiles, do the Device Prioritisation features change? Could you also try to make this new profile on multiple devices?

I personally do not believe the Network Graph issue is related - it looks like that's a graphical bug that's been around for a while. Just ignore the graph whenever it spikes like that - the consistent results will be an accurate reading.

Hi Jack

I did various tests and believe I have found the bug. If "save deny and allow list" is not ticked then the Duma doesn't save the Device Prioritisation settings. So when loading that profile there aren't any DP settings to load back in.

Perhaps the coding is looking for the wrong tick box value when deciding whether to store DP settings.

• Netduma Staff

Hi Jack

I did various tests and believe I have found the bug. If "save deny and allow list" is not ticked then the Duma doesn't save the Device Prioritisation settings. So when loading that profile there aren't any DP settings to load back in.

Perhaps the coding is looking for the wrong tick box value when deciding whether to store DP settings.

That's a really strange issue, but well spotted! So when you have 'save deny and allow' ticked, your Device Prioritisation settings are now correctly saving?

I'm glad if that's the case - I'll report this as an issue.

Correct! For me I don't want to be saving that list or reloading when selecting a particular profile.

Do I win a prize for the bug spot? Maybe a CoD WW2 calling card that flashes up on a dead enemies screen saying "you just got Duma'd".

Of course I would need to kill an enemy first which is a challenge on CoD WW2 as it currently stands.

• Netduma Staff

Correct! For me I don't want to be saving that list or reloading when selecting a particular profile.

Do I win a prize for the bug spot? Maybe a CoD WW2 calling card that flashes up on a dead enemies screen saying "you just got Duma'd".

Of course I would need to kill an enemy first which is a challenge on CoD WW2 as it currently stands.

Haha, I wish we had calling cards to give! I'm not sure when we'll be able to fix that issue since everyone's at work on DumaOS - though the issue definitely won't be present on DumaOS you'll be glad to know. Thanks again for finding out the weird solution!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Netduma Staff

How can we activate cod ultimate profile? I select and load it then i click geo filtering page.after these steps i click profiles again but it shows general gaming.how can i solve this?

Dan is correct above - as soon as you click a profile from the list it will be selected, when it says 'General Gaming' it's just showing you which profile is at the top of the list, not which profile is selected.